Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski sale on at Decathlon

Poster: A snowHead
Don't get too excited, the range is not that extensive but you could be lucky, depends what you are looking for. All the skis are reduced by 25-75%. They mostly have lower end early intermediate skis. They have a lot of branded skis, Atomic, Rossignol, Salomon, Head aswell as their own brands. They also have a fair few own brand kids skis, some of these are very cheap (£20) but without bindings. The little kids skis in 80, 90 and 100cm lengths are ok at £40 (inc bindings), they have wheels on them for pulling them along, a bit gimmicky but fun for tiny tots. My bargain was a pair of Rossignol Attraxion VIs at £250, S&R are selling the same ski at £400. There were no top end mens skis in. Also their website does not seem to correspond with what they have in, e.g. there were skis which are not on the website and vice versa. This was in the Stockport branch.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
do they do online? their website is a bit confusing, and has those Attraxion VI skis at £399!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Filarinskis have all their skis reduced expect about £100 off. Fast free delivery. Some sizes and models running out obviously. But still a some top end stuff there from Scott Volkl Atomic Dynastar Salomon.
Good advice from staff over phone too.
Highly recomended Now that I've got the skis I wanted before telling you lot Twisted Evil
www.filarinskis.co.uk

http://theoutdoorgearshop.co.uk/ also has some nice skis at good prices

Enjoy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, the reduced prices are not showing on their website, the website is not very good and I don't think you can order on line. The Attraxions are the same 399 on the website and in S&R, 249 in store Very Happy This is Stockport, I would guess it's the same everywherethough as they are a chain.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RPF, the Filarinskis sale looks good much better for top end skis. That wms Salomon Topaz though is £60 cheaper at Decathlon, that's the only ski they both have, as far as I recall. I really wanted Volkl Fuegos or possibly Tigersharks thanks to Lizzard but the Attraxions were half the price and I think they'll do, I hope they'll do Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I like Filarinskis and it's just down the road; I can go there on my bike (and not too many places come into that category....) There's no Decathlons round here anyway.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
But there is one in Albertville, which will be almost "just down the road" once I'm back in France.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Having decided that I absolutely, definitely wasn't going to buy new skis this year, it's just as well that filarinskis are only doing the Dynastars that I fancy in 165, which is too long for me. Phew, that was close.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
I like Filarinskis and it's just down the road; I can go there on my bike (and not too many places come into that category....) There's no Decathlons round here anyway.

But can you bring home a pair of skis on your bike wink

Hurtle phew!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sarah wrote:
pam w wrote:

But can you bring home a pair of skis on your bike ;-)

No problem, strap them around the top tube, tips forward like cow horns.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle, which Dynastars were those? I was in Filarinskis yesterday, actually - but just for some Techwash for my (worn for 3 seasons and washed loads of times already) jacket. I just hurried in, didn't glance around, and hurried out again...... but there's always a second time!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle wrote:
Having decided that I absolutely, definitely wasn't going to buy new skis this year, it's just as well that filarinskis are only doing the Dynastars that I fancy in 165, which is too long for me. Phew, that was close.

Yes, and they've only got the Scott Missions in a 168 Sad and phew
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w,
Quote:

which Dynastars
Exclusive Legend Fluid.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
comprex wrote:
sarah wrote:
pam w wrote:

But can you bring home a pair of skis on your bike wink

No problem, strap them around the top tube, tips forward like cow horns.

I've always gone for tails forward when strapping skis to my bike. Is there a right and wrong way of doing this? Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does it cover the clothes as well? I might look at picking up spare salopettes
ski holidays
Quote:

Yes, and they've only got the Scott Missions in a 168 and phew

Thats what I thought when they were out of the 178 Mission, then a bit of research later and discovered (or convinced myself) I'd be happier on the Scot Neo's and it was out with the Mastercard again. Not used them yet but they feel stiff and rock solid just wht I wanted cant wait to try them. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Nick L, If you really want the Missions try the other shop in the 3rd post above they have them pretty at good prices too!
Just when you thought you'd gotten away with it Twisted Evil
ski holidays
nbt wrote:
Does it cover the clothes as well? I might look at picking up spare salopettes

Some clothing stuff reduced, not everything yet though.
ski holidays
ta, won't make a special trip just yet then
snow report
Hurtle, have you tried them? They look good on the reviews. And quite pretty. snowHead
snow conditions
pam w, no, I haven't tried them, had intended to do so in Courchevel, but didn't get round to it, may do so when I'm in Les Arcs next month. Until buying my present skis, I'd always liked and been brand-loyal to Dynastar, and I fancy at some point having more of an all-mountain ski than I have now. All the reviews and recommendations on here have been good. Don't care what they look like - nothing, as you know, could be more hideous than my Head iXRCs! (Must admit, though, that there are some ski boot colours that I would baulk at wearing.) But in any event, I don't think a purchase is justifiable this season: will almost certainly be skiing mostly on piste on my next trip, and the Heads are great on piste and good for my skiing, because they respond to being skied quite aggressively. Must confess that all the Dynastars I've had were fairly noodly - their lower intermediate piste skis still are, from what I gather - no wonder it took me so long to learn how to carve! Will think about all this again next season.
ski holidays
What about ski boots? Need to get the mrs kitted out with a pair.
snow conditions
Quote:

What about ski boots? Need to get the mrs kitted out with a pair

Charlatanefc,
Get them fitted properly you can get good prices in the UK at the moment but if you get bad fitting boots its false economy. Find a really good fitter. I have learned about boot fitting the slow expensive way. My bootsize gets smaller every time I go for a fitting but my carbon footprint is going the other way in search of the correct boot. If theres less snow next winter its because of global warming caused by me driving around in search of the right skiboot. I'm moving on to my third pair of shells in a year. The first pair were end of season "bargain" bought in France (2 sizes to big it turned out lasted 3 hours skiing before packing out) thankfully the fit of the second pair was guaranteed by the shop I bought them in so not going to pay a big penalty they were a size too big and although they felt snug in the shop and even they too packed out a subsequent shell check and independant measure of my feet indicated they were one size too big.

Learn from my mistakes Embarassed . Its really hard for the ordinary boot buyer to really appreciate what "snug" should mean in a new ski boot a good boot fitter can describe properly what you should be feeling and reassure you throughout the process. They wont let you near an unsuitable boot.

CEM is my recomendation for bootfitting wish I'd found him for the first boot www.solutions4feet.com Highly reccomended for good honest advice.

Lecture over To answer your question, Fillarinskis are starting to reduce their boots and Nevis sport have too with some models slashed. Only a bargain if they fit dont forget (sorry preaching again Very Happy )

Buying boots in the UK this year is great value sale prices or not. Compare the prices to Europe. Remember the UK shops bought current stock with strong pounds last year I cannot see value being as good next season.
ski holidays
Jon.L, When I go to my mates to pop a few rabbits I strap the gun to my top tube. The sound moderator is pretty lengthy and it sticks out over the front fork. Wonder if you could rig it up to fire from that position, have a little sight coming from the bars Laughing Be great for all the bunnies running across the road Puzzled
snow report
Scarpa wrote:
.......Be great for all the bunnies running across the road Puzzled

I trust you're not referring to the anti-fur bunnies discussed in a previous thread????? Twisted Evil
latest report
Charlatanefc, yep ski boots are in the sale too. But it's a supermarket, no fitting, no advice. Unless you know the make, model and size you need and can then get them fitted by a decent fitter then it's no good. Get the missus off to CEM.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy