Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3V - NOT TO BE MISSED, areas and runs in a week

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys, off to Meribel on saturday Very Happy obviously wont be skiing all 600KM in one week, however would love to know the must do areas and runs, along with any good piste side, reasonably priced bars / restaurants along the way, any advice would be much appreciated ! Many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Meribel - Mont Vallon.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh - and in Courchevel, 1650, which is a bit out on a limb and tends to be less busy, with consequently better snow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jerusalem followed by the cruise into St Martin.

La Lachenal restaurant in St Martin-De-Belleville, excellent Plat de Jour and puds.

End of day blast from Rhodos to Meribel Village, but don't miss the last chair up.

Lunch at the Bel Air.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zermattbusby, check out www.skimottaret.com (skimottaret is a snowHead.) It is a mine of useful information on pistes, restaurants and all manner of things 3V-related.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So many runs! La Masse, especially Dame Blanche if the drag is open, the fourth valley, the blue into La Tania, Quatre Vents into Les Menuires, as Pam W says 1650 - Chapelets and so many more!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blaireau from top of Tougnete 2 down into Meribel village was my favourite for a good blast.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The view out the over the glacier at the top of Col in Val Thorens is fantastic

Another vote for Mont Vallon

I quite like the fourth valley, Orelle as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Blaireau from top of Tougnete 2 down into Meribel village was my favourite for a good blast.

Did that last week in mist when I was trying to find Jerusalem and was very impressed. Another one though about overnight is the black from the top of Cime de Caron into the fourth valley Combe de Roseal, completely out of the way from anywhere!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevew,
Quote:

Another one though about overnight is the black from the top of Cime de Caron into the fourth valley Combe de Roseal,

And with just about the most breathtaking views I've seen anywhere.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Top of Cime Caron - make sure you walk the extra few metres to the viewing platform above where most people just get the skis back on and head off. You get a FABULOUS 360 view, not least of the impressive cable top station. And if you don't fancy the black into Orelle, the red col de l'audzin back into VT is well worth the journey.

In Courchevel, Suisses is a good fun run.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you go to Val T or LA Masse leave plenty of time to get back and try to avoid the Lac de la Chambre / Ours route at last orders. At this time LAc has become a mogul field with unconfident beginners stranded on moguls like skittles whilst aggressive nutters steam through and the rest do the best they can. This is rounded off by the ours run, looks good on the map but is effectvely a long pole, queue for the plain de mains instead. Preferably zig zag along les menuire side to get further along if you have time.

Jerusalem 1st thing is great, and as is said many times on this forum, should be done fast, singing all the way down.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bbski, When I was in the 3V last month, about three weeks after the last snowfall, Jerusalem was very stony. A good alternative was Pramint: it's shorter, but it was in beautiful condition and a really fast ski with nobody on it. Lovely. I'd like to do Jerusalem when it's in good condition, though.

Couldn't agree more about the journey back, Ours is a real PITA.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zermattbusby, My Faves are 1. Jean Pachod way up above 1650 and 2. Christine from the top of the VT Funitel thingy back into VT basin.

Mont Vallon is dark red IMV - gets very bumby - but has to be done I suppose...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I asked this question not to long ago and I got back

Jerusalem :- excellent red few bumps, easy to miss.
Pramint:- Nice long run and goes onto a blue.
Face :- Black, best done and dont quote me on this best done mid morning and is not to bad tbh.
Combe Vallon:- Red and I loved this. Pick a spot to stop and go for it.
Creux:- In Courchevel, Lovely red and our las loved it. Bit daunting at 1st
Chaplets:- In Courchevel and red and long, lovely run.
Rochers:- In Courchevel and red
Combe Saluire:- in Courchevel and red and our las sh*t herself but did it.

I could go on tbh. Best place Ive been to but then again Ive only been to bulgaria. Piste map easy to read also. Razz

O and take a hip flask! Brandy! Laughing
snow conditions
saluire down to 1550 without stopping and the blacks down to le praz
ski holidays
Ahhh... thanks all ! made notes of all above, very much appreciated Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy