Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to buy helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Another helmet thread! I can't find one for under £50. Any tips? I may just hire one in resort, as they don't seem the easiest thing to fit into luggage anyway!

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lorenzo, Try Decathlon.

www.decathlon.com

Edit: just checked their site and doesn't display an helmets at the moment ! I bought mine from there though.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 19-02-09 11:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lorenzo, Try Lidl during the 1-2 weeks per seaosn when they have them in.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lorenzo, Dare I say Lidl - who sometimes have them in. But you will normally have to pay rather more than £50. Personally I would not hire - I prefer to wear a helmet whose history I know, since skiing helmets are so flimsy, and damage to them may not be obvious. Packing them is a pain - even though you can fill them with socks and soft clothing. They also have to be well padded with other soft clothing and so forth all round. Even so, they will go in most skiing luggage. Some skiers take their helmets with their hand luggage - but there can be problems with security at some airports.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lorenzo, from anywhere where you can try one on.

Lidl ones are ok and cheap - but have now all gone in our local stores. Packing is not such a bit problem unless you use a suitcase. Put your goggles/glasses inside to protect them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try Bicester outlet village in Oxfordshire. I bought a carrera one for my daughter and a giro one for me, the kids one should have been £79.99 and i got it for £9.99 and the giro should have been £89.99 and i got for £29.99.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lorenzo, try Ventura in St. Helens (bit of a way from Scotland I know) http://www.venturaski.co.uk. They had one for around £30 (Sinner I think). I'm sure they will do mail order.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd recommend you try on a helmet before you buy. You can easily end up with a helmet which is uncomfortable and despite how little you paid you're going to hate wearing it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, I agree with you (it's got to happen sometimes wink ).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just been to sportsworld.com in uxbridge, they had a Rucanor helmet for £20, trid it on felt very uncomfortable and looked cheap, think I will wait and buy one in the french alps in 2 weeks.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
xelon, don't think it will be any cheaper. The trouble with buying kit in the Alps is that shopping gobbles up skiing or apres time. I can see the case for buying boots out there - or skis on a try-before-you-buy basis. But nothing else.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
xelon wrote:
Just been to sportsworld.com in uxbridge, they had a Rucanor helmet for £20, trid it on felt very uncomfortable and looked cheap, think I will wait and buy one in the french alps in 2 weeks.

Unless you have transport so that you can get to a Decathlon or similar down in one of the major towns, you won't find one cheaper than that in resort.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lorenzo What about Ellis Brighams (Aviemore/Braehaed xscape or Fort William)? They seem to have a few modelaround about the £50 mark give or take. They have Bern, Protec and Red helmets all around your price range.
Hope this helps.

Scott
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lorenzo, I Was in at http://www.snowlines.co.uk/acatalog/More_Info.html
In Edinburgh the other day they had some left at under £50 but a limited choice now
They had lots in December but I would think they wont restock till after the summer
You need to try before you buy wherever you go.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy