Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me choose, Zell am see or Soll?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wanna book something up for early Feb, found a couple of pretty good deals for both places, but the deal for Zell is allocated on arrival so may be a bit dodgy? Given the choice where would you go bearing in mind i'm a 20 something, lower intermediate who likes a beer or two in the evening.

Cheers peeps

AL
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never been to Zell am See, but Soll would suit you well. It's lively but not over the top. There are lots of fairly steep but very wide reds for you to build confidence on. I certainly enjoyed it last year and would definitely go back.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a tricky one. Which hotel in Soll?

Soll offers direct access to a larger ski area, but there isn't as much going on in the town compared to Zell. That said, you will find a number of lively apres ski places in Soll at more reasonable prices. Also, because there are only a few pubs (about 4 main ones) and the legendary Whiskey Muhle, they are always busy with a good atmosphere.

In Zell, there is the ice arena and other apres ski activites as it's a bigger town. Crazy Daisies is brilliant. I honestly can't remember much about the other bars! Skiing wise, you have Kaprun nearby and Saalbach Hinterglemm is just down the road (about 6 miles but separate ski pass and a bus ride) so you have a good choice but it means a bit of travelling between the places, more costs etc.

Go for Soll! More geared up for 20 somethings! I've been to both places twice and given the choice would go back to Soll first.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The_Mac_Daddy,

I was in the same predicament, but chose Soll for the reasons posted above. Will be there on 5th March Very Happy

I also think the Zell piste map looks a bit boring
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Doh, just spoke to teletext holidays and they sold all their soll holidays today, on account of all the snow forecast there at the mo. The hotel that seems to keep popping up is maximilian, no idea if it's any good or not, it's only a 2 star so guessing it's pretty basic.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would go to Soll, try another company for a late deal. Soll if fantastic with great nightlife.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The_Mac_Daddy,

Did you try directski.com?

I got a weeks H/B 3* in Soll for £329 from Belfast.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went to Zell am See and then to Ski Welt (Soll) last Chritmas, spending a week on each. I drove.

Zell am See is not very big, neither is Kaprun but Saalbach/Hiterglemm valley can make up for it but none of the above is linked. Zell am See is a sizeable town but Hinterglemm is the party place as people drink in the outside at night. I stayed in Zell am See because I could ski Saalbach/Hiterglemm/Leogang which is a sizeable and enjoyable resort.

Ski Welt has 250 km pites and the majority is linked with Soll being one of the 7 linked satellite resorts. It has a bigger scope for skiing and should intermediates well.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well i just booked a bargain through Airtours directly, got a week, starting the 5th February in a 3* HB allocated on arrival (praying it's not a total dump in the middle of nowhere) for 2 people including ski carriage for £680. Just looked at the weather forecast and it looks very good Smile can't wait Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got in from Zell. Nice town, lovely location, spectacular transfer from Salzburg.

Skiing fine but not too adventurous, not brilliantly linked but ok. Busy, esp when school games lessons come up.
Snow good, pistes icy back to lower town.
Town nice, Resi-Bar good. Crazy Daisy loud. Grand Hotel for a touch of class. Cave bar under big hotel (with a Z in the name) off town square v. pleasant.
Display of trick skiing and boarding at 8pm one evening during week at botton of CityXpress lift well worth a look, hot air balloon/ice sculpture in town square early in week.
If you fancy a romantic sleigh ride, its a farm cart round a farmers field with a dozen others.
Curling good fun at modern ice rink.

Kaprun glacier big, wide and easy, but takes hours to get up.

Overall very pleasant.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maximilian iis a family run pension (live in). I stayer thier 2 years ago BB
It was clean and tidy. Some of the rooms do not have en-suit, It's about 200m to the centre of town which i think was maximum distancr to stagger back so that was worth the money it self.
Good luck with your availablity
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Back from Zell a couple of weeks ago. V good skiing, excellent service in the ski shops & some good bars. One word of warning, Crazy Daisy's has now moved (by the Grand hotel). The old Crazy Daisy is now called Resi bar. I'd say stick with the old. More atmosphere in Resi, new CD's is just a bit of a posing joint
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy