Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine, Serfaus, Laax - which to choose?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Already thinking about 2010 and trying to choose between several resorts.

Group of 8 plus one baby and one toddler.
3 competent skiers
4 complete beginners
1 ex-skier

Ideal would be a catered chalet for 8.

Looking at Flaine, Serfaus and Laax (as well as Courchevel and Avoriaz which we know well).
Would appreciate opinions on the relative merits of the three resorts given the make-up of the group.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SkiGranny, Have not been to either but gave Serfaus serious consideration for this years trip and would be off there with my family had my trip with the boys to St Anton gone ahead (but I'm not allowed this year Evil or Very Mad - going to Stuben instead so that I can get my St Anton fix wink ) You will struggle to get catered chalet but a lot of the hotels are very family orientated and have built in creches etc.
We had looked at the hotels Lowe and Baer (same owners) http://en.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/urlaubsplaner/unterkuenfte/hotels.htm Might struggle with Serfaus if looking for a UK tour op package
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haven't been to Serfaus or Laax but spent a week in the Flaine/Grand Massif area this season. We actually stayed in Morillon 1100 and had a couple of complete beginners in the group who loved the long green (Marvel) and couple of blue runs from the top of the main lift. After a couple of days they braved the blues over to Flaine and had an equally good time there. The rest of the group were good intermediates who found plenty to entertain themselves across the whole Grand Massif area.

The place was cheapist compared to the other big French resorts and also quite quiet- more family than après orientated. We had a great 8 person ski in/ski out apartment plus lift passes for the whole area for about 240 quid each.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What on earth is an ex-skier?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SkiGranny, I was also looking at Serfaus for this year and hoping to go there next year with a family group. From what I've read it sounds really well geared up for families and a lot of hotels seem to specifically target families. The slopes look like good for intermediates and have seen decent reviews on here and elsewhere. Do a seacrh on here as there are a few other threads with info on Serfaus.

TOs do go there now too, both Inghams and Crystal but only via the website not in their brochures. Main sticking point for me this year was cost when we were looking to go, being hotels it was looking quite pricey. Tempted to do DIY there next year or go hotel route if have the money!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i'll let you know about laax in 14 days or so. there is about 2.7 m of snow at the stop and more to come Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, everyone, for the replies.
Keshvane, an ex-skier is someone who has skied for 35 years and after suffering a badly broken shoulder last year (still not quite right Crying or Very sad Confused ) somehow didn't find it fun this year!!!!! Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haven't skied Flaine or Laax but here's a thread on Serfaus ...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976&highlight=serfaus
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy