Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski-ing late march where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The earliest me and my Mate can go ski-ing is 22nd March for a week.
Thus we are looking at resorts where the snow is still going to be good.
Booking through Mark Warner seeing as we can get a discount we are looking at the following resort

St Anton
Tignes
La Plagne
Val D'isere
Les Deux Alpes

From looking through reviews I think we'd prefer St Anton but not sure what the conditions will be that week,
Can anyone recommend which would likely be best for this time of year?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
22nd March is not late - just about anywhere could be fine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
justinj, Choice should be made with regards to what you want to get from the holiday. The timing is not an issue, as all the resorts you mention above will have good skiing in March.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool, well its about my 15th time ski-ing although I haven't been for a few years and have always been with my parents/the school/uni.
Tis my mates 3rd time ski-ing, but he is pretty competant.
I quite like the idea of Mark Warner's ski-hosting seeing as it'll just be the two of us so perhaps having others ski-ing with us might be more enjoyable.

Seeing as food is included in the Mark Warner package, we'd be looking for good apres ski, i.e. places with a few good bars, maybe a club for 1 night of the week. Just going looking for a good time really.

So basically I'd say looking for
Good ski conditions for the day
Place with a few bars and quite lively in the evenings.

Pretty sure St Anton covers this but also like the look of the hotel in Les 2 Alpes. Went there with the school when I was 12 so remember there being a few bars there but wondered if its good fro Apres ski?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
justinj, As telford_mike says, 22nd March is not late, and given that all of the Mark Warner resorts are generally pretty snow sure, you are unlikely to have a problem with snow levels with any of their holidays in that week.

St Anton is probably the best known "apres ski" resort in the whole of Europe, if that is important to you. And the reputation of Val D'isers suggests it is one of the best in France - although likely to be more expnsive than St Anton.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for the cheapest and save the rest for beer tokens.

The beer will probably be far cheaper in St anton if you read all the threads about France being well expesive this year
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Val D'Isere - amazing. La Pagne is equally good but no way as dramatic.

What about the Portes Du Soleil? Les Ges is 1200m but has great snow that time of year and the area is fantastic.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Livigno is really cheap and good altitude too lots of Apres ski but watch where you stay if that what your after is a long resort you need to be one of the centres of it
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mark Warner is a good option but stay well clear of the Chalethotel Morris in Val D'Isere - it is a shed! Water running down the walls and no toilets in the rooms or clean toilets anywhere else really. We used MW for a few until we came across this hovel.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been to all of them except LDA and the skiing is great at each, though with most of St Anton being south facing, conditions at the end of march are likely to be worse than in the other resorts you've mentioned (in an average year, local fluctuations not withstanding etc etc). If you want a beer fuelled riot though, SA wins it, with VDI second.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Totally agree with telford_mike ie. anywhere in the Alps will be fine. Mid-March is usually when you have the highest snow depth of the whole season as it has been accumulating. So much at moment that should still be fine everywhere until the end of April. You can probably find better deals elsewhere for that particular week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy