Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone compare these two Rossi Skis? Attraxion VI and Zenith Z3 Oversize

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been on the lookout for skis for a few weeks now, not desperate so just looking for a decent deal. I've posted before and had some advice but have just seen a ski which wasn't on the cards before.

Seen a very good deal on a Rossignol Attraxion VI and wondering whether I'll like it. On most recent trip I hired a Rossignol Zenith Z3 Oversize. It was ok but didn't really do it for me IYKWIM. So worry is the Attraxion won't either. How similar or not are they? Seems like the Attraxion VI is close to the top of the womens range but the Zenith Z3 is very much mid range.

The Zenith was 121-72-100 and the Attraxion VI is 126-74-106. Will it feel fatter? I am a bit bothered about the fatness of the tip. Will I notice the extra width?

The reason I am wondering about this is that as I said I didn't really enjoy the Zenith Z3s but I don't know why, they were just bland.

I was previously considering the Volkl Fuegos 121-73-105 or the K2 Burnin Luvs 117-70-101. So I am wondering if the Attraxions will feel too fat for me. I was recommended to just go straight to the Tigersharks (thanks Lizzard).

But the deal on the Attraxions is very good (half the price of the Volkls), and the reviews are good and I can't see any deals on the Volkls.

Just to recap I am 5'8" 76kg ish. Looking for a decent piste ski, stiffish, stable (no flapping) and great edge hold.

One last thing that I have thought of recently is that I am going to be doing a fair bit more slow skiing with a child than before.

Thanks snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 17-02-09 10:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, I don't know how similar they are, but I have an Attraxion V, a year or so old model, bought second hand. 162 length (I'm about 10 stone, or would like to think so...). I like them very much. I am no use at trying to explain why I like skis and I get the impression that perhaps they are a sort of "good at most things, not brilliant at any" ski. They're heavy enough to blast through crud, can do some piste-side powder without a big fuss (though I prefer the Line Celebritys if that's the purpose of the day) and are great on piste - perfectly manoevrable, lively, dependable. I just don't think about them, really, they do the job. I had wondered about the big shovel, too, but no problems in practice. I ski a lot, but being an old lady, generally well in control, nothing spectacular, not remotely "aggressive" but not bimbling either. For £100 I am delighted with the Attraxions. I tried some of the lower Attraxions at the Boot Camp in Tignes, but shorter (all they had) and prefer the longer Attraxion Vs.

I'd like to try the Tigersharks - but they do cost a lot! I might see if I can find a rental pair, though there aren't many Volkl rentals round our neck of the woods.

I'd be interested to know from any experts out there where the old Attraxion V fits in terms of the current Attraxion range.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, thanks, I'd remembered you had the Attraxion V and so was hoping you'd respond.

The ones I have seen are a 162 and I'd be happy with that length. I am a good bit heavier than you Embarassed and so I am hoping that the Attraxion VI is as solid as some of the reviews suggest.

I am also bothered about that 'good at most things not brilliant at any' aspect as what I want is a very good piste ski.

Having said that, I think these might do, the price difference between them and the Volkls is considerable, I have 2 weeks coming up which I reckon will cost me best part of £200 in hire charges, therefore I could buy these, ski them the two weeks and hopefully I love them but if not I sell them and am not really out of pocket.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The SkiPresse reviews found the Attraxion VI turny and good for heavier skiers. I found the Z1 and Z3 as really soft beginner skis, the Attraxion VI seems aimed at better skiers. I'd expect them to be like the Z6, and that is a really decent ski (i.e. fun but not in the same class as say the Head Magnum). You'll notice the wide tips at first, and it's going to take a few runs till you'll get used to them, but I think that on the long run it's not going to be a problem. They should be good at most things on piste, a bit damp and not very powerfull when exiting the turns, but stable and compliant.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sugardaddy, thanks, well the bit about heavier skiers fits then so that's good and fits with what I have read too. What you say about it being comparable with the higher end mens models reassures me. I think I might get them, if I hesitate too much they'll probably go.

Anyone any thoughts as to resale if I really don't like them? Will I be able to sell them on easily?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
a friend got the Zenith 6 in Albertville a couple of weeks ago (309 euros). I didn't get the chance to ski on them but they look and feel (to handle - not very scientific) very like the Attraxion V. But I'm still not sure how alike the Attraxion V and VI are....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, thanks! I have been out and bought them, was too good a deal to miss £250, I didn't want to deliberate for so long that I missed it. If I change my mind I can return them (unused obviously) for a refund. So I am still considering them safe in the knowledge I've got them if I want them! Indecisive is my middle name Embarassed

Can anyone else comment on the Attraxion VI?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, well done! Sounds a great price - let us know how they go.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, are you glued to your computer Laughing Thank you very much.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy