Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu 2nd March 2009 - Private lesson required.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all snowHead

Look I dont know if I am posting this in the right place or not Puzzled

But I am looking for a bit of 1 to 1 instruction in Soldeu.

Been to Soldeu twice and all due respect to the excelent school there, I would prefer a private lesson.

I am arriving on March 1st 2009. (First day Ski 2nd March).

Ideally need to be AM as my daughter is booked in to ski school.

Anyone ? Or should I post this somewhere else ?

Many thanks

Tim
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could try the Bend ze Knees forum - "Technique tips and Ski School Recommendations".
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try the ski school?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a private lesson in El Tarter a couple of years ago, booked through the normal ski school. I believe you can also pre-book on line through the Grandvalira website. You can choose am or pm lessons - I think the price for am lesson is a bit more pricey than pm.

I really enjoyed my private lesson and felt like I learned more in those two hours than I did in the whole week of ski school the previous season.

I'm going to Soldeu as well for that week, although we're going DIY so arrive on the Sat 28th and leave on Sat 7th.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tim Tastic, skischool@soldeu.ad and address it to Angela Simonett, she will sort you out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Paulcl. Thanks I will look there. Sorry It's an obvious link now you mention it ! I will be there straight after this posting. Thank you. snowHead

Telford Mike, Done the Ski School twice allready.. No offence to anyone.. But it's so protocol & by no means informative for intermediates. But thanks Very Happy

Stick2000, This is the avenue I tried, But on line its over £40 per hour !! Kinda racks up the cost there.. £320 for just 1 day or £160 for half. (ok call me tight..Sorry) But I really cant afford it.. I dont earn anywhere near than half that !

Dypcdiver, I have registered onto the forum earlier today & posted there too. Perhaps I could find somone local or could connect with someone via the forums that could cut out the middle man that sits in an office and takes a percentage of the booking maybee..

Must say though, if Instructors get £40 less say 10% "office charges" they are on £32 per hour.. I need to change my job !!!!!

But all said and done, I of course would pay a fair rate and respect the instructors knowledge etc for a fair wage.. But best I found at the moment is £40 per hour.. £20-25 per hour ok.. But I cant justify £40.

Thank you all for your replies.

Tim
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tim Tastic, Instructors in Soldeu get €12 to €18 depending on qualifications and seniority only for the hours they work ie. in front of a class. Don't change your job Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dypcdiver - Thanks ! I was thinking there I could become a ski instructor and leave my current job LOL !

Stick2000 fancy meeting up for a pint ? We are 2 mates with my 16 & 14 year old children. Staying in the Sport.

Must appologise I am posting this and have not checked Soldeu.ad forum for any replies.. Off there now Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tim Tastic, why not share a lesson with your mate? It's usually the same price for 2, as for 1. Unless you're very different levels, it should work well. Most people booking private lessons go through the ski school, generally, though obviously if you can get a personal recommendation that's ideal.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi im the said mate going with timand family
im a snowboarder as is tims eldest daughter
never even considered sking scares me silly lol and cant keep up with tim hes always flys off down the mountain hes a good skier

i stick my poodlin around and teaching his daughter to snowboard Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dougydeluxe, Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Found this out today (Taken from Soldeuonline Forum)...

It is not permited to teach any lesson in Andorra unless you are part of the Ski School
and therefore qualified. It's not like France where you can hire a private instructor outside
of the employment of the Resort.

Oh well worth a try Sad

Thanks anyway for all the replies here on Snowheads Very Happy

Have a good holiday where ever you go snowHead snowHead snowHead

Tim
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tim Tastic, you can get a private lesson from ski school staff on a 1-2-1 basis. Go back to grandvalira website and ask for Elvis - great instructor !

http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=4&section=110&subsection=133
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy