Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

getting to livingo....

Poster: A snowHead
hello snowhead buddys.....
there is three of us heading to livigno next saturday (21st feb) for a week our ryanair flight arrives into milan bergamo at 11:20am from dublin,can anyone tell me please what is the best possible way to reach livigno from here for three people ??
any suggestions,tips or personal experiences greatly appreciated......

thanks in advance guys wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went to Livigno by checking its web site instructions.

I did it as a day trip while changing hotel from Davos to St Moritz. Not that Livigno is better but I thought that would be possibly the only time I would ever go there as the area isn't very big. It was a lot better than I thought, very sunny and scenic. It is one of the most difficult places to get to as I was only 81 miles away in Davos Dorf. I imagine from the Italian side it should be much easier.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used public transport a few years ago, train to Tirano and then two busses Tirano to Bormio,last one from Bormio to Livigno. Well co-ordinated and cheap. We did it with a 7 month old baby and grandma, and it still worked out much cheaper than taxi from Milan. We did arrive in Milan in morning so you should check times. It is a long transfer however you do it, but we found the trainjourney beautiful and thats all part of holiday.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You should price a hire car, can be cheap between 3
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
livigno is best on a package tour as transfer is included
it is neally 5 hours on the bus, i have seen taxi transfers advertised at £100s, car hire would have to be for the full week and by law you must have chains in the car.
it is avery scenic drive though, lakes at first with steep mountains into them, then tunnels one 7 miles long, then Bormio with it championship downhill run looking awesome, and over the pass to Livigno where you first cross over the long blue run from Mottolina as it winds its way back to resort
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The coach journey is a long one, nice views etc but they drain after the 4th hour Wink

I like the resort that why I have been twice now, if I go again it maybe by taxi or car hire.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
charlie where you stopping in livigno and i'll tell u whats near
the free bus is good round resort as its about 2 miles long
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cockerhoop wrote:

the free bus is good round resort as its about 2 miles long

Wow. that's a long bus. NehNeh Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tee-hee....very funny geepee,thanks for all your responces guys,5 hours o a bus doesn't exactly tickle my tummy with excitement even if i was driving around the grand canyon anyways is there a regular bus service if need be ? think may just look into car hire as we are going for a full week anyways...i'm sure it is possible to hire a car when we get there right ? cockerhoop we are staying in apts called chalet camoscio www.chaletcamoscio.it think they are somewhere near or on the pedestrian zone ?? whats the deal with this bus is the place that big ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
charlieduff, it's a long set of villages (3 I think) and there's a lake in the middle, you can walk across it to do the hills on the other side, it's about 400mtrs from memory. the bus only takes 1 minute though and they are very regular.

I dont know if you would get a weeks worth of car hire, it's pretty much on it's own, nothing else worth wasting time to drive to.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
charlieduff,

If you hire a car may be you do the opposite to what I did and that is do a day trip from Livigno to St Moritz. The journey is 38 miles long. Corviglia is the place you want to hit. The day ticket is 69 CHF.

The direction is towards the frozen reservoir. You pay another 40 CHF for return trip, using a one-lane wide tunnel just before the border. A passport is needed.

St Moritz is one of the most exclusive and original skiing resorts. Try the 1928+1948 Olympic run. It is a back run of same standard as those in Livigno. You will find a lot less piste users there. Go there early and park you car for free.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
saikee, I did not realise St Moritz was that close, I could have gone on a coach trip there once but it was a 2hr journey which made me think it was a good way off and would have taken 2-4 hrs skiing off the day.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yes it i see from your map
choices for skiing will involve a couple of 100m walk either way either across the valley floor to Mottolina or acros the pedestrian area to carosello, i wouldn't bother with bus for those 2, but from carossello you could ski down to the top village for some apres ski at Marcos and then bus back.
lots of nightlife down the pedestrian area and some good value eateries
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dwarf Vader,

St Moritz is know to cost more on everything. Since you are unlikely to visit St Moritz Dorf and St Moritz Bad at night you may miss out the expensive taste there but the meal in the mountain may catch you. Get yourself a packed lunch if you are tight on budget otherwise it is only slightly more expensive than other resorts in Switzerland, but Italy is the cheapest in the Alps so it may come as a shock to some.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try http://www.mtbus.it/ they have one way transfers starting from 20 euros

If you are hiring a car then head towards Lecco then straight up the east side of Lake Como until you get to Colico then take the SS38 to Bormio and then onto Livigno. Fairly straightforward but long.
latest report
one way transfers alright but at the wrong times and dates rolling eyes off in the morning cant feckin wait for it i would probably walk there if i had to,stgill think i'll just drive....what is the journey like has anyone done it by car ??
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy