Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VDI/Tignes mountain restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

Any idea on where is the best value/where to avoid this season? We are trying not to spend a fortune, but OH insists on dining in, so didn't like my idea of packed lunches!

I am happy with chips and a vin chaud, he prefers something a little more substantial.

Many thanks in advance, we are flying out on the 1st March, can't wait!

Lucy Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lucylou, Myself, a couple of friends and their lad are heading out there the day before. I'll watch this thread with interest.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I really liked the pizza which was pretty cheap by EK standards in a resturant at the start of the really flat bit of verte
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rambotion, believe that is Marmottes. Also reputed to do a very good hot chocolate.

Les Tufs, between base of Funival and base of the bubble lift does excellent food. Their buffet (on the first floor) is very good value.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Adrian wrote:
rambotion, believe that is Marmottes. Also reputed to do a very good hot chocolate.

Les Tufs, between base of Funival and base of the bubble lift does excellent food. Their buffet (on the first floor) is very good value.

The restaurant at the base of the old marmottes lift seemed to be the cheapest on the mountain. Poulet frites for 8.50 Euro seemed very cheap compared to all the other places we went to.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks!! I have made a note of those Smile

Any others?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lucylou, in Val there's a little fast food joint in the main square at the end of the nursery slopes (just near the Saloon bar) called Le Tartine. It's right on the corner opposite Ski Republic and does excellent pizza, cakes, croque monsiuers and other French delicacies. Really good value too.

The other place we found if you ike basic but hearty grub is the cafe under the Fornet cable car in Val. It's got amazing views, does big portions and again is petty good value.

The Espace Killy isn't exactly cheap but there are still some very good places to eat that won't break the bank.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Specialman wrote:
The Espace Killy isn't exactly cheap but there are still some very good places to eat that won't break the bank.

..........or you could nip into The Fruitiere above La Daille
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spar cafe
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Loop bar in Tignes le Lac.
Brasero in Tignes Lavachet.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Second that-Loop bar. Great food and staff really friendly but try and avoid peak time for lunch as can be a wait to get served for food. Worth going just to sample the toffee vodka delicious!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lucylou, in tignes le lac: the noodle place next to the loop bar (thai palace?) has an awesome lunchtime special for €6.50 for chicken or beef noodles (basically chow mein) or €8.50 for prawn noodles. really yummy and we thought it was really good value. quite basic, but i wasn't there for the ambience/decor. chuck in a drink bought from the spar in le lac and you're laughing.

the spar itself does cooked food and lists it's weekly menu on a board outside the entrance. worth contemplating?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not a mountain restaurant but avoid the restaurant in Les Brevieres (the one next to the take away hutch). Watery coffee and a diet coke - 17.2 euro Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks again all. I have made a note of them all Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The restaurant on triffolet is good value the menu du skier is 24 euros for 2 courses and was excellent food. Not cheap but very good value.

The spar is also good value and cheap. Avoid the glacier restaurant in Tignes.
snow conditions
halfhand wrote:
Not a mountain restaurant but avoid the restaurant in Les Brevieres (the one next to the take away hutch). Watery coffee and a diet coke - 17.2 euro Shocked Shocked

Ah, was that the Etoile de Neige? Home of the €17.50 spag bol... not yet beaten, btw, & I've been to the 3V since then Laughing

From our last trip to Tignes (December) I can recommend the restaurant at the top of the Chaudannes chair (been to the actual restaurant before, & went into the self-service bit this time - both nice. Very reasonably-priced Erdinger, too Little Angel ), the place at the bottom of the OK/Orange reds into La Daille (sorry, don't know the name, but you can't miss it really, it's directly in front of you as you ski down), the little place on the left towards the end of the Anemone blue into Le Lac (much better value for a spag bol than the Brevieres place! And again, good price on the Erdinger Blush ) & perhaps best of all, the restaurant half-way down the Face de Bellevarde. I don't think you actually need to ski the Face to go there, btw - there's a chair up from Val which drops you right outside, & you can get across to another chair to take you up to the top afterwards, although that one wasn't running when we were there, so it might be best to check before committing yourself if you're a bit nervous about black runs...
snow conditions
sherlock235 wrote:
Lucylou, in tignes le lac: the noodle place next to the loop bar (thai palace?) has an awesome lunchtime special for €6.50 for chicken or beef noodles (basically chow mein) or €8.50 for prawn noodles. really yummy and we thought it was really good value. quite basic, but i wasn't there for the ambience/decor. chuck in a drink bought from the spar in le lac and you're laughing.

the spar itself does cooked food and lists it's weekly menu on a board outside the entrance. worth contemplating?

Tignes Cuisine.
latest report
Jo225, probably.

There was a place called Bananas in VdI where we had lunch and watched then end stgaes of the men's downhill the other week. That wasn't too bad for price and quality.
snow report
Thanks for all the other suggestions. We are off out there tomorrow! Very Happy
snow report
Check out the What's On page of the Tignes Mountain Echo (available free in most bars) for this week's meal deals. Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy