Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Which ski hire shops in Tignes Le Lac stay open over the lunch period? Arriving in Tignes around 1pm (hopefully depart GVA around 10:30) and the plan was to go straight to ski hire shop and then get an afternoon skiing. However most of the ski shops seem to shut around 12:30 and don't open until 2 or 3pm.

Also thinking of hiring on-line in advance. Would this be possible given that the shop needs to be open when we get there?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
halfhand, are you driving or getting a transfer from GVA to Tignes? If you're on a transfer I'd say there's no chance of getting to Tignes by 1pm. Even if you're driving you'd need no traffic and a heavy right foot to get there by 1pm.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends which bit of tignes you're going to and how much you want to spend!
If you need a couple of pairs of skis then you could try ski republic.
If you're after a budget pair or single board then you could pay on the internet in advance.
Are you after off-piste skis or a descent board, try a smaller shop like Snocool in Tignes LeLac, Black cat in Val Claret.
Are you thinking of buying skis or a board later in the week- then just demo some for free and buy if you like later.
If you're going low season then you'll get a good deal if you walk into a hire shop, ask to see what they have. You'll get a small discount if you ask.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowfun (lavachet) seemed good. Open non-stop at weekends, suspect most might for change over day. Open 3.30 on Fridays, and 4.30 evenings. Open 8.30 am generally
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, Driving ourselves.

brucieblackwell, Staying in tignes Le Lac as per OP
The main criterion is that the shop is open when we get there and not closed for lunch
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
halfhand wrote:
rob@rar, Driving ourselves.

OK, I'll be interested to know how long it takes. I'm trying to work out how much time is saved for my transfer to Les Arcs via the new section of autoroute.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, We are heading off from GVA on 6th Feb. Via Michelin route planner suggests 2hrs 33mins.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Made a mistake - staying in Val Claret area. I guess it won't affect journey time much but still need to know if all rental shops close for lunch
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
halfhand wrote:
Which ski hire shops in Tignes Le Lac stay open over the lunch period? Arriving in Tignes around 1pm (hopefully depart GVA around 10:30) and the plan was to go straight to ski hire shop and then get an afternoon skiing. However most of the ski shops seem to shut around 12:30 and don't open until 2 or 3pm.

Also thinking of hiring on-line in advance. Would this be possible given that the shop needs to be open when we get there?

Any of the main weekends in Feb you are dreaming due to traffic.

On the hundreds of transfers i've done on that route working for tour ops there are so many variables and it always takes longer than you think. I'd bank on 4 hours MIN and anything less is a bonus. Reality if it's either raining hard or snowing can be anything upto 12 hours !!!! Or my record is 2 nights having to stay in Bourg !!!

Sorry to negative but you'll only be disappointed if your expectations are to arrive by 1pm.

Alex
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alex A, guess its early to the pub then wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is it as bad for Sunday transfers?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jtobin03, Nope, Sunday's are great wink Way less traffic.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alex A, c*&t NehNeh Only kidding. Will probably head off somewhere closer for the afternoon and move on to Tignes in the evening you job's comforter wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi folks...

As I'm travelling over to Tignes on the 14th March (with four others)...thought I would ask what learned snowheads would suggest with regards ski hire in Tignes Le Lac, hopefully based on any recent experience?

I know Ski Republic was mentioned above, but they seem to have had mixed reviews so far this season... Our TO suggest Ski Set, but would rather choose based on knowledge rather than a name...

Many thanks.
Andy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy