Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 EXTREME (2009)/ P ENEMY'S 2007/8- ANY GOOD IN POWDER - VS SCOTT CRUSADE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tested a few skis at Manchester Chill Factor-e , the Scott Crusade @179 , Scott Punisher @172 and K2 Extreme @169

Wanted to love the Scotts but found them feeling a little flat in comparison to the K2 Extreme.

The Crusade felt the same to me as the Punisher so would be my preferred choice as fatter but no slower to turn.

The Crusade i tested was at 179 and 92 underfoot so would have been slower to turn than the K2 Extremes anyways. but i think 169 is too short for me as i am 100kgs.

The Crusade felt really stable and felt like a real huge GS Carver , despite all the reviews commenting on its short turn radius it felt like a ski that would have you on tired legs by the afternoon if all you had was groomers to ski (ie Europe 80% of the time) - any comments on this would be helpful.

Clearly the K2 at 85 underfoot and a softer ski was easier turning but also felt livelier and more responsivfe ride> At 85 underfoot is it any good in powder as if there is powder to be had I am going to be in it-

just trying to base ski choice on what i generally do every France trip, ie Ski groomers at fast speeds, jump in any powder i find but always find it skied out in 24-48 hours and then go back to piste and popping about in the crud at the edge\.

Whats the advice?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thegunners, Not a fair test if the K2 was 169and the Punisher a 172...... I don't know how tall you are but 100kgs you'd be loking at all skis plus 180, IMV.

I suspect the K2 to be the best for what you want but the Crusade might be the best compromise if you are willing to give up a little piste performance over the K2...as I think you'll like it more off-piste.

I think it will have more stability but if the lines you pick aren't fast and wide, you can wave that thought...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers freerider, yes i love fast arced turns but also popping in and out of the crud, hitting jumps and generally hotdogging around the hill. Not tall-only 1m 75
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
K2 177, Crusade 179 and Punisher in 177-181..altho can't recall what the latters exact sizes are..

If you can demo, then even better, but the off-piste bias...if that is what you decide, and the weight point to the longer lenghts, IMO...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is the Crusade tough on the legs for all mountain use? cos as i already said the standard Eurotrip involves far more on piste action than off
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thegunners, I'm 175cm/95kg & I'm on 187 semi twins & soon to go longer. You definately need longer & more width underfoot.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm 174cm, weigh 73kg and ski on 177 twins (98mm underfoot). I'd vote longer to match your weight.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy