Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easter weekend, are we mad?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
got a rush of blood to the head and bookd flights and accom for zell am see for 6 of us from thur 9th-tues14th april. have not skied in easter school term before and getting worried now that whatever patch of snow thats left at that late stage of the season will be very crowded. I know that we have the option of the kaprun glacier but imagine this will be worse as it will get busses from all over.
am I right to be worried? also wondering if we should get the train or car hire from munich airport, car hire is working out cheaper but thinking now that the roads might be chocablock. any advice?
and yes I know I should have thought of all this before I got the mad fit to book the trip.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Munich-Salzburg autobahn will likely be busy over the Easter period, so the train might save you being stuck in a jam. However, you would have to get into Munich and change there, which is a bit of a hassle too.

The way the snow is building up just now, I think there's a good chance of still having reasonable conditions in Zell in April (presuming there isn't a heatwave in March). However, it's still pretty much a guess just now. Easter weekend will be busy but still enjoyable, I expect.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
creedgearoid, I don't see whay it should be mad. Easter is quite early in April, and the easter hols are never as busy as Feb .. the Kaprun glacier area is most unlikely to be all that's left by then, and even if it was (shock/horror), it would be fine - it's not that small!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'vw skiied in Austria for the last three Easters and am going to Mayrhofen on the 4th April this year. Last year I was in Zell Am See and the snow was fine and the slopes relatively quiet - indeed it snowed heavily from our arrival on the Saturday until Wednesday evening pretty much non stop. Easter was a couple of weeks earlier last year but while there are no guarantees, you should be ok, particularly given the current snow base. In my Austrian Easter skiing experience, the slopes have never been crowded. Kitzbuhel two years ago was like a ghost town. Zell Am See was a fair bit busier but nothing in the way of busy lift queues or crowded slopes. What you are likely to find is a lot of Irish visitors (Im Irish too). Not sure if you consider that a good or a bad thing.

As for the transfer you have to weigh up whether the cost saving of car hire out weighs any potential delays you may have on the Autobahn. As you are travelling midweek things should be quieter - there tends to be a lot of traffic congestion around Munich on Saturdays.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A few years back now, pre-kids, but we had three years running skiing at Easter - never struck me as busy - less crowded than Chrimbo and New Year if anything.

Just booked for first week of Easter Hols so hope I'm still right
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thats just what i needed to hear, thanks for your replies. skied 1 time in mid term and was not very nice with lift q's busy slopes etc so glad to hear it prob will not be as bad. will decide on car hire or train later but looking on line at bahn.de it works out at approx 500 euro for 4 adults and 2 children can get 7 seatr car for 300!! recession an all dat
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
creedgearoid, Don't know if you are aware or if the 500 Euro includes it but Bahn do a group booking discount for six people or more. I've booked Munich to Mayrhofen for £35 per person return at Easter. You have to ring them as the discount is not available online and am not sure if it applies when children make up part of the group but its worth a try. The phone no. is 08718 808066. As this is a UK number I'm not sure you can connect from Ireland but their e mail address is sales@bahn.co.uk
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sshhh, Easter is rubbish, you need to go at half term otherwise it will all melt due to global warming............Seriously, don't go skiing at Easter if you enjoy good snow, less crowds, longer lift running hours and having a beer in shorts after a days skiing....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy