Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

standard or superior skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
what is the difference? at what stage should you switch from hiring standard skis to hiring superior skis?
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Switch when the standard ones feel sluggish and flappy at speed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
always went for premium myself...but that means to me, a brand new ski for this seaon ski almost in demo condition.

I would ask the shop what they do for what money...

If I was on a ski that was 2 seasons old that would be the worst you should expect and be priced accordingly

Take account of what skis they stock and their generally condition..... that might give you a clue as to how they look after them

I normally look at more than one shop and see what price they offer..I understand it can be a cartel type situation, but you never always know this.
I tend to go with the shop that has the skis I like and by how the ski tech talks about his kit...If he is enthusiastic, that is good... and many ski techs have introduced me to new skis, this way....

As soon as you get picky about what you want to do on skis, that is the time to think about getting discerning...but there should be a base level of service..which you can only pick up with a bit of experience, I am afraid..IMO.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd say that if you have to ask, then standard will do so why pay the extra for premium.
You can always bring them back and upgrade if you don't like them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy