Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost to hire?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and my brother are looking to do the cheapest skiing holiday we can because we're both off to uni soon and trying to save our money! I have no idea how much ski passes and equipment hire cost, as we've only ever been with school in the past.

How much would you usually expect to pay for hiring skis, boots, poles etc for a week? What's cheap and what's expensive? Any help would be great!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In France, and a bigger resort, I'd say the Euro would help that come out at around £100 per week.

Average for France... IMO
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In theory booking through a TO saves you a bit of money over hiring in resort, especially if like me you booked before the exchange rate plummeted. I have my own boots so I'm only paying for superior ski hire, £62 for 6 days. I think you can get basic boots, skis and poles packages for around £80 but it is dependent on resort. Lift passes range from £120 to £200-odd for 6 days, again dependent on resort...

When I was a student we had a Uni ski club that organised a group trip each year. Usually around 25-30 people staying in those nasty shoebox French apartments (6 or 7 to each apartment, I shudder at the memory!) and travelling by coach (again, eeep!) but it was a means to an end and it meant I could go skiing all-in for about £3-400 (this was nearly 20 years ago). Does your Uni organise something like this...?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Price varies a lot by resort+country for ski rental.

eg... we paid €59 in Campitello (Italy) for 6 days skis/poles. I've usually paid about €70-80ish in Les Gets for the same (incl. chalet discount), but a quick look at Avoriaz came up with €158 (skis/poles/boots) or €123 without boots Shocked but the shop I used in Zell am Ziller is €92/€74 for the exact same thing.
All were SkiSet franchises. All were Gold level rental, all with 20% discount (except Campitello which had an extra bonus 5% discount).

I guess TO liftpass prices and rental voucher prices are listed in their brochures?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DisastaImminent, It varies a lot between resorts.

Have a look at the Intersport or Sport2000 websites for the resort(s) you are inetersted in. They both have shops in most resorts, and I hink their prices are fairly average in general.

http://www.intersportrent.com/

http://www.sport2000rent.com/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DisastaImminent, look at these too www.snowbrainer.com .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy