Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many weeks use for average boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Apologies for what could be lack of basic knowledge, only ski once a year and never bother with the technology etc.

I don't know if I am subconsciously pushing myself to buy new boots, but have the feeling felt the liners in mine are no longer the best. I don't have any good ski shops in the area to really find out, boots have been used 6 weeks (low-average Rossignol pair), so could the liners be impacted? if so can I get this done when I go out to Austria next week (I am told they have ability to pad them etc.) or should I just buy new boots!

many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't think your boots will be knackered after only 6 weeks... they may be to big for you however... liners pack down...
My first pair of boots lasted 3 years / 100 days skiing
Then I got a new pair a size smaller Smile
There are hunders of threads on here about boots....

here is one that may be of use to you: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1131996&highlight=boot+expert#1131996

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Baxter1, my mate is still happily using the Sally SX81 he got in 1986. Try thicker socks?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Baxter1, if you're only a holiday skier i expect boot design may improve / your foot shape may change (injury for example) before your boots wear out. They shouldn't be knackered after only 6 weeks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Don't think your boots will be knackered after only 6 weeks... they may be to big for you however..

Agreed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Baxter1, I'd reckon on at least 5 years at 6 to 8 weeks skiing a year for mine - say around 35 weeks total - just a personal opinion
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had my old boots for 15 years but that only equated to 7 weeks' skiing. So they were far from knackered but very old-fashioned...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bought mine in 2002, 5 or 6 weeks skiing a year - still going strong.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've done a season and about 8 weeks skiing on mine. That's coming up to 30 weeks pretty much.

They've got some duct tape but they still work fine! Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've done three seasons (prob about 40 weeks inc days off!) plus 5 further holidays in my teneighty boots, and I was relieved to hear recently from the 'boot expert' at my local shop that despite the considerable wear to the underside of the toes and heels they fit the new bindings (and skis) perfectly! They are like slippers and are as comfortable three hours into an apres 'mosh' as they are first run in the morning! Three pairs of skis have come and gone in the same time.

Would break my heart to let them go...! Blush
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks all for advice, if anything at all then it would only be the liners, most likely though is that it is all in my head and don't need new pair...now, just need to get past the shop on Thursday night...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Baxter1, Nope, they're knackered. Treat yourself to a new pair immediately Toofy Grin

(Go on, you know you want to.... ) Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
moulded insoles made my boots like new
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I managed 25 years, once or twice a year, on my rear-entry Nordicas. I only gave them up when the heels literally crumbled away on a very cold day. Sigh-I miss those boots.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
now the latest is.....got them tightened by moving buckles but the guys in the shop noted how little flex the boots actually have..does this matter for an intermediate...the guy got quite technical about how flex helps in quick turns etc..
ski holidays
Didn't Admin once manage to beat the average Galapagos tortoise's lifespan before changing his boots? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 19-02-09 21:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Baxter1, No expert here... but I reckon the fit is more important. I can flex my new stiff boots much easier than my much softer but ill fitting old ones. Depends on how much range of movement you have in your ankles too.
snow report
Scarpa wrote:
Didn't Admin once manage to beat the average Galapagos tortoise's lifespan before changing his boots? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

I can flex my new stiff boots much easier than my much softer but ill fitting old ones.

me too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy