Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking for next half term?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, next year we will probably be restricted to the half-term.

Does anyone know what the earliest is that you can book flights? and just how cheap can you get the flights if you book early enough?

This year our Geneva flights with Easyjet were as low as £14.99 each way including taxes, but they are Sunday flights in March, not half term. Presumably the flights were never that cheap for the half-term even when they were released?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am certain they look at the calender! Why not consider driving. Book early with the ferry or use clubcard vouchers on E Tunnel. Accomodation in resorts can be fairly standard price until everyone realises the Uk half term is on.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BA have their calendar open on the booking site up to 5 February 2010 at the moment so no doubt the next couple of weeks will appear soon. Easyjet send out e mails notifying when their next booking period is open if you are registered with them - its up to October at the moment. We have occasionally done checks in the middle of the night to get some flight that we wanted.

Do you all have to travel Saturday to Saturday or can some of the party go either before or after the dreaded Saturdays.

Younger members of our family who fly have tended to book early with BA and got fares at reasonable prices and less than with Easyjet - that was at Christmas/New Year.

We have never flown at half-term - when we had 'children' and did occasionally go at half-term we used to drive to Austria, leaving after work on Friday evening - they knew the deal, they had to get in, sit down, shut up, eat whatever was in the bags they were all given, but then be awake and alert enough to appreciate the scenery as we finally drew up the mountain the next morning, otherwise father would be very grumpy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our kids are well versed in long trips through France - although not quite as long as a ski trip. During the summer we cover 1000's miles - e.g. last year we did the Calais, Loire, Dordogne and Vendee and back again in one trip... but not in a one-er. Think the max we have done in one day from home is the Loire, and with a tent to pitch at the end of the journey thats far enough.

We can go any day really - its the accommodation that seems to limit you Sat-Sat.

Quite scary to think that the BA flights are almost available - haven't even had this years hols yet! I hate booking any ski trip more than 3 weeks ahead as I like to know where the snow is - I am not into mountain scenery enough to spend that much money not skiing iyswim; however I am reasonably happy committing to an airport like Geneva - if you can't find snow from there then the year really is bad.

I'm such a commitment phobe though - even this year having booked up at the end of Jan for the end of Feb seems to soon - but we were limited to one particular week this year, and it had to be Sun-Sun so that we didn't miss too many football fixtures so we bit the bullet as we weren't sure we'd be able to get an apartment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimom, We have already taken bookings for half term 2010 (one was done last November Shocked ) and clients are telling me that after the carnage of trying to find somewhere for THIS year's HT week and knowing it will be just one week again next year, that they felt it worth doing early. They haven't booked flights yet but take the view that the difficult thing is finding accommodation, especially if they have any particular requirements or a large group
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimom, you don't usually find out about the easyJet flights until you read about it on Snowheads - about the time they're due, people are keeping a close eye. The advance warning easyJet emails arrive (if at all) well after the release time. To get anything like reasonable prices at half term you need to be hunched over your keyboard, credit card akimbo, within minutes of the flights opening. Last year I had to wake my sister in law from an evening nap, get her to make a commitment, and booked them 5 return flights Sunday/Sunday, at around £65 each. By the following morning the flights were 3 times the price, and rising. It'll probably be October sometime.

Resort accommodation (in France at any rate) will always be peak prices at half term, because it coincides with the French school hols. No chance of doing Christmas or Easter in 2010?
Of course, the way things seem to be going, the Alps might be deserted next February.... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll keep an eye out... bmibaby are another option for us as they do Birmingham which is one of our preferred airports.

Have always thought that it was too cold at Xmas/New Year and too slushy by Easter... at the end of the day you are paying at least 2K for a week even if its out of half-term so I want to enjoy the skiing more than think I've got a bargain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I doubt if there is a big difference between average temperatures at Christmas or mid February (in the UK I believe the latter is colder, but that might not hold true in the Alps). My quarrel with half term is - and always was - the daft queues and piste crowding, rather than just the cost. Easter is not necessarily slushy, either, and by then it really is a bit warmer, with significantly longer days. But unless Easter is early is does make sense to choose a resort with different aspect slopes (sunny and shady, for afternoon and morning).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agree... I hate the fact that at half-term you pay twice the price for half the skiing. Hubby thinks that we still should take the kids out as one week won't make much difference. Last year when we went Thurs-Thurs over the half-term it was ok, but noticeably busier after the weekend and dangerous (we thought) on the piste coming back into Samoens.

We are just hoping that this year the half-term mobs won't have skied off all the snow before we get there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy