Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Letter's to and from a TO

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

I went on holiday recently with a fairly well regarded TO, but we did have some trouble which mostly turned out to be the in resort staff.

When we got back my friends wrote them a letter of complaint, I just wandered how long you wait for a reply and what steps you would take next if you don't hear back from them?

Thanks everyone.

Dave
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
charliwest, best to lodge your complaint in resort before you leave. Complaints didn't use to be valid otherwise, but things may have changed. There should be a statutory time in which they have to reply, but not sure on current regualtions.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
charliwest, I lodged one last July after a nightmare holiday in Zante - never complained before but 7 months later they are still investigating !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They did call the TO's customer service from Europe to registry the complaint so the letter quoted that.

7 months! Blimey I won't hold my breath then...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charliwest, I believe you should get a letter acknowledging your complaint within 28 days Confused Just saying they are looking into the problem.

It may then take a while for it to be sorted to your satisfaction Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
.............................and if you don't hear anything. Here is the place to name, shame and slag them off.

Companies have come on here and respoded before
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Charliwest, I made a complaint after a holiday the Xmas before last in Tignes with one the major operators as the hotel was substandard (blood in the cupboard on arrival, stale second hand bread at dinner, unspeakably dirty bathroom plus many other delightfuls I won't care to mention). After I didn't receive a response I went on to the ABTA website and looked at the regulations into responding to complaints and found they had exceeded the time limit. I sent another letter, rather more strongly worded, and pointed out the delay and asked them why they had not complied with the guidelines...needless to say I got a very quick response that offered most humble apologies and eventually got a voucher for money off another holiday with them to make up for the vile conditions we ended up in on that trip. So do keep at them - and don't give in at their first "oh, we're terribly sorry" response that they usually send out as a matter of course in these circumstances - make sure you get a decent personal response as its the least they can do in these circumstances really.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
charliwest, are you seeking financial compensation or just wanting to advise them where they went wrong? If it's minor stuff then the time and energy you'll expend in getting "satisfaction" will normally outweigh the eventual compensation (I think Einstein once went on a package holiday and came up with that equation).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think they are looking for something financial as that's what they were originally promised in resort from the rubbish rep.

I imagine they are ABTA, I will let the friends know and then maybe send something signed for maybe?

Thanks everyone.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
confused wrote:
I sent another letter, rather more strongly worded, and pointed out the delay and asked them why they had not complied with the guidelines...needless to say I got a very quick response that offered most humble apologies and eventually got a voucher for money off another holiday with them to make up for the vile conditions we ended up in on that trip.

And are you really going to book another holiday with them given the conditions you experienced?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
After complaining with a major TO I was sent vouchers as compensation. I returned these and was sent a cheque instead - much better
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
confused wrote:
eventually got a voucher for money off another holiday with them to make up for the vile conditions we ended up in on that trip.

They will still have made a profit on the trip despite your vouchers... and they get to sell you another holiday. Big success on their part. Bad luck old chum.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy