Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who is looking at their resorts web cam on a daily basis?

Poster: A snowHead
With 11 days to go, the first thing I do when I switch the computer on is check the emails from this site then look at the web cam. On a really good day like today you can see nothing! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
of course I am.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Webcams are not the first thing for me. This is the order however.
e mails
Snowheads.com
Snow-forecast.com
Meteo.fr
Avalanche-net.com
Larosiere.net (was La-plagne.com til jan2nd)) for webcams etc.

if at work i then fire up the appropriate work related software.
Dont come much sadder Im afraid
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty, I don't think you'll see much on the La Rosiere webcams at the moment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just once a day...? I confess to at least 2 times and I've got a month to go yet!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What do you mean daily ? at least 5 times a day ! When it gets to within a day or two of me leaving I'll probably have all 8 regional webcams up on my screen permanently Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David@traxvax, I can see all I need to Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More like an hourly basis! (particularly today - working from home!) Alpe D'Huez cam showing tantalising glimpses of the new snow through the gloom. 7.00 am Saturday week when we roll the car onto Le Shuttle is when my holiday begins!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
With only four sleeps to go I'm hourly.....and even sadder I've subscribed to snow forecast.

I gave myself a yellow card at the time. rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Daily since September, hourly over the last 48 hours with an increasing grin - I just hpoe we can get into the resort on Friday after PGs comments about valley drifting...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Daily?!! I'm checking every hour or so. Well I am now that the snow's arrived. 10 days to go!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ian bloomfield, Is that four 'big sleeps' or are you including naps?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick Dawes, mate i don't get time for naps, so it's big sleeps. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ian bloomfield, Sorry! looking after my 4 year old son who's at home with chicken pox so I'm getting into the lingo! (setting the Scalextric up shortly!).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Daily!!?? ....in a Vicki Pollard style - "oh my god I can't believe you just said that, I don't do nuffin else!!" rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
And I thought I was obsessive!

As it gets closer we move onto sleeps as the important time frame. Of course getting a good nights sleep the night before we fly is nigh on impossible.

Next week will be Very Happy Very Happy all the way in anticipation of the following week.

Then when we get back it gets really serious as we try and get the best deal for early March, much viewing of web cams and snow reports!
snow report
Nick Dawes, I've got two and one year olds , thats why i dont do naps. In fact the big sleeps end up being a series of naps while it's dark.

Still sleeps five six and seven will be uninterrupted due to a 1000mile seperation. then sleep eight i'll be home.

Getting to bed at 1am and getting up for early lift and virgin snow etc when i'm away i get far less sleep than i do at home, it won't be many more years when i opt for an early night instead of another 'marlon' me thinks.
latest report
ian bloomfield, Which webcam are you studying for the weekend then? Sounds like you'll soon be looking for resorts with creche facilities or a 'snow garden' for the little 'uns! My 2 will very shortly be blasting past me!
latest report
What do you mean daily, how about 10 minutely snowHead And there are a lot of them so by the time I checked them all it's time to start at the beginning wink Mind you I am off tomorrow Very Happy
snow report
Nick Dawes, http://www.snoweye.com/cgi-bin/big3.cgi?fr-ch-portesdusoleil,43

this one. Morzine as an aside has a good nursery called jack frost's apparently. That mark warners looks good if you've got kids. two problems i see with that tho 1) £4000 holiday 2) Too many fionas and sarahs wearing neck scarves shouting in their best aldeburgh accents at their tarquins and gladiolis.

god I'm getting grumpy.
snow conditions
ian bloomfield, Stood right at that junction & watched Le Tour arrive a few years back - looks far more interesting now tho!

The £4K holiday would have to be pretty special!

Anyway must go now to get Tarquins lunch before we pick Gladioli up from ballet!
ski holidays
Nick Dawes, < funny guy.
latest report
Check daily, cos they only update the La Plagne one once a day. Les Arcs was so much more fun with PG's pics too.
ski holidays
Call me obsessive (or lazy) but the Jungfrau webcams I look at refresh themselves every minute, so sometimes I just fire up the browser page and leave it running!
snow report
I am hourly! Though in honesty I am more interested in the snow reports that the cams.....

ad
latest report
**waves Hello to all**

I've got 10 big sleeps before I'm off to Tignes (No kids involved - big sleeps are for me!!! Very Happy) and I have to confess to looking twice a day, would be more but someone has decided Tignes.co.uk is filtered under 'web hosting' so I can't access that whilst at work! Terribly rude of them I think!

By the time I get home from work Tignes is in darkness so very little point in looking at the webcams! Just means I get up 20mins earlier to check them - tee hee!
latest report
Of course -my "favourites" currently contains webcams to Saalbach, Hintertux, StAnton, Courchevel, Tignes, Cervinia, SierraNevada, Alta, Mammoth, Nevis & Cairngorm. If it's snowing anywhere I want to know!
ski holidays
DZJ1978, Welcome to snowheads, fellow smoggie Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been checking the webcams since December and I don't go till March!!

Whenever I get a spare momemt I'm on the Feratel website to view some wonderful snow obscured video clips of st anton.
Then look at the piste map I have pinned on my wall next to my computer and match the webcam location to the location on my map.
Then I imagine I'm out there at the moment and I get even more excited.

I don't know how I'm going to last till March.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
DZJ1978, Welcome to snowheads, fellow smoggie Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you Very Happy and love your siggy quote - so very fitting especially for me!
ski holidays
I always check e-mail for stuff from snowHeads first - then I wait about an hour and a half to check the web cams, otherwise it's too dark to see! I'll check them hourly if it is storming, and about three times daily if it is clear - like it is today. I must be obsessed - I've been doing this since mid-October, and I ski every weekend! Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
The panoramic webcam at the top of meribel is on my Windows Active desktop. So it's always there. All day, everyday. No-one will out-sad me!
snow conditions
SAD.. Sad
ski holidays
Check them out once a day as I have the reconnaissance party there this week and she informs me that yesterday about 35cm skiing today good and managed to do off piste before everyone hit it. Snowing today about 10cm, roll on Sunday snowHead
snow report
I've been checking like a mad thing. a big gang of us heading out to Alpe d'Huez on sat morning. Also have an ice climbing trip planned to la Grave/Ceillac just after I return so yet another white frozen thing requiring constant condition checks. I want to move to a colder planet!!! Skullie
ski holidays
3 sleeps and i reckon about 5 poos to go.
ski holidays
" The forecast is gloomy with heavy cloud cover and fall," Brings tears of joy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy