Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing vs Snowboarding and riding with Skiiers

Poster: A snowHead
I started skiing over 10 years ago now and made the switch to Snowboarding about 5 years ago as I enjoyed it so much more than Skiing

I have just returned from La Plagne and Im wondering now whether to try skiing again for a few years but im not sure if id enjoy it as much as boarding, however at the end of this trip i was really starting to Carve.

For the past couple of years I have tagged along with my Family group who are all Skiers but this Year at La Plagne (for a reason i know clearly) i was not as welcome to ride with them as in past years, the main problem being is that Skiers don't like the wait at the top of the lifts for me to clip back in or the problems at long flat bits, (and the clear reason was to do with a single person in the group the rest of the group were perfectly happy to ski with me). I also get this wee wee ripped out of me so much but i think that's par of the course.

I love Snowboarding and want to stick with it but im planning a trip to Tamworth Snowdome soon and my have a go there to see what its like.

The other reason is because my partner went on his first ski trip this year and im considering whether it would be beneficial to ski or board with him the next time we go.

In terms of Snowboarding I would much prefer to be with a group of other boarders, i much prefer the slower / chilled out pace that Snowboarding has, i find that skiers just want see how quickly they can get from La Plagne to Les Arcs for instance and not worry about the nice slopes in between.

But i would have to find a group of Boarders to do this with and don't have many contact from my happy School Boarding days and if i wanted to do both this may mean 2 holidays per year (pocket wont be happy) or do 50 ski / 50 board on the holiday.

Does anyone else tag along with Skiers?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm a skier who tags along with boarders... never had a problem although it is mostly messing around off-piste.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have a mixed group - some ski, some board. BOarders find it easier on some terrain, skiiers on other terrain. SKis are notably better for traverses and flat bits for instance. We're not into this wohle hammering around the entire domain in a single day thing, in fact on the last day of you holiday I only used about three lifts all day, and one of those was only to access the other two!

If you;re on the first chair up, you;ll be clipped in before the second chair arrives. Alternatively, find new friends who don;t mind waiting. The EOSB would be a good place to start
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have skied with two kinds of boarders. One kind is a pretty intermediate sort of boarder, on-piste. There, it's not a problem and I can give them a tow by skating along flatter bits. I had two boarders with me one day last month - one had Flow bindings and was into them very fast, but was quite cautious, so generally a bit slow. The other - a relative beginner - took a while to get into his ratchet bindings but then blasted along - impressively fast learner. The other kind of boarder (my son and nephew) just don't really bother with pistes if they can help it and they are far too good for me to accompany them off piste. So we just sort of wave at each other in the distance, now and then. Though come to think of it, very different speeds of skiers sometimes don't make a compatible group, either, unless they want the same sort of day out. I ski with my son occasionally, for a social day out, but our ski ability is so hugely different that it wouldn't make sense to do it too often (he used to do a reasonable job of keeping up with top ski instructors on their day off). On the other hand I often ski with friends and family who are quite a bit weaker than I am - but I don't have a problem with bimbling around. I take the opportunity to practice all those drills like turning on the inside ski, and focussing on stuff like not A-framing, and eliminating the inner tip lead. wink It's really more a question of attitude than ability. Many of the people who like to ski really fast are, frankly, not up to it and would do better to slow down and look at the view a bit more often.

I also think it's important to be comfortable with skiing on your own for the odd day - it's sometimes really pleasant not to have to look out for, or try to keep up with, anyone else and not to decide where to go at the top of a chairlift till you're getting off it! I find that some people are paranoid about not skiing alone - and obviously it's not wise to go blasting off piste on your own. But if you have a crash on a piste in a civilised resort, help will soon be forthcoming and what could your Auntie Mabel do anyway, when you've lost your ACL?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I mainly board with intermediate skiiers, most of whom arent particularly interested in exploring the terrain, just how quick they can get down the piste, which is fair enough. The best thing you can do (if you havent already done so) is get a pair of flows or rear entry bindings. In no time at all youll be able to slide off a lift and clip in without stopping. With flat bits, if you see them coming just get as much speed up as possible and dont mess about with turns.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
just been away in a group of five...3 skiers, 2 boarders. we spent every day as a group, it helped that we were all roughly similar standards. very little time was spent waiting at tops of lifts, 4 of us had been away together previously so that helped. yes there were a few flat bits where the boarders had to walk but we didn't revisit them needless to say. depends a great deal on the individual i guess but i don't have a problem skiing with competent boarders.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
foxtrot_mike, It sounds like the problem was just one, inconsiderate, person. Not worth giving up boarding for but maybe worth some better selection of who goes on holiday with you.

My group are half skiers half boarders. It takes a minute at most to do up a binding. If anyone is in such a rush that they can't wait that long for a boarding mate then I would encourage them to should FO on their own.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've often gone with a mixed group, and now do both myself - it always works out fine. I like the mix, but if waiting bugs people, I'd really recommend getting some Flows for speed, it makes a big difference if you're with impatient skiers.

On the flats the skiers always give the boarders a pull, it's just rude not to!

You seem to see mixed groups more and more in the Alps these days which is great, it used to be quite an unusual sight, unlike the US where it seems more the norm.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Im in the same boat and love my boarding. Im going away with my girlfriend next month and she is having ski lessons. I realise that she will want to ski about on greens and blues. So ive decided that i will board in the mornings when she is on lessons and hire skis to use in the afternoon. It will be nice to get back on the skis anyway. And i dont wanna be unstrapping my board to be walking all those flats!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
foxtrot_mike, any half wit skier can go fast on piste but it takes a lot of skill to do it on a board. Alternatively a half way good boarder can leave a lot of skiers for dead off it. Suggest a small off-piste link for your group of skiers at some point and see how they go. Might teach some huimility.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Off piste often involves very long traverses for access which would be a big problem for boarders. That would be my chief worry inviting a boarder to join us. I'd be interested to try but my friends voted no the only time it came up.

Cormayeur, where I was a month or so ago, I wouldn't advise for off-piste boarders: most of the routes end with a 4 or 5 km track - the last 2 km dead flat. Sort of OK for skiers who can skate well, as well as pole, but a bit of a fag even for them after the first 3 or 4 times.

Ed: There are routes turning left at the top, of course.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 18-02-09 10:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

On the flats the skiers always give the boarders a pull, it's just rude not to!

Absolutely. I even pull some chaps I don't know at all, sometimes. They always say thankyou (or usually "merci") very nicely. wink

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 15-02-09 21:11; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've really only ever skied with other skiers. Too old and not cool enough for boarders. But it does fill me with dread if I'm on a chairlift with boarder(s). Some of them have very inventive methods of dismount... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, you don't have to be cool. You just have to be the only person in the group who knows their way round the domain on a day of poor visibility. wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If I'm going for a day out with skiers, I ski. If I'm going for a day out with boarders then I board.

Best of both worlds - but I agree if people are getting grumpy waiting for boarders to strap in then thats a bit off-side. What I do usually find is the issue, is that the group gets to the top then pfaffs about 'where shall we go now' then once the deiciosn is made the skiers just blast off down the slope whilst you're still fiddling with the binding. The solution to that is (a) to be the 'tour guide' and (b) to decide where you're going next on the lift up

I've never really had issues with the flat bits, you just need to make sure you gun it far enough up the hill to ride through the flats.
snow report
I don't mind skiing with boarders. I've never found waiting 10 secs at the top of a lift for them to clip in to be a problem Puzzled
I would have thought matching ability levels in the group is more important.
latest report
Regardless of whether you are a skier of snowboarder it is more about keeping the same speed. Tops of lifts etc present no issue as a good boarder can clip in within 30 seconds possibly quicker. Off piste, there are certain areas which are better designed by nature for skiers but then in seriously deep powder unless the skier is very talented i would prefer to have a fat plank attached to my feet.

Anyway I have never had a problem but obviously there are certain disciplines such as high mountain touring which involves 1000m+ skinned ascents which boarders are not able to do without a split board (as far as I know).
latest report
Skiers are just as capable of hanging around with ceremonial boot buckle adjusting etc etc - the problem here was human..
snow conditions
foxtrot_mike, Could always help the individual compare how long it takes to put their gear back on after a fall in powder!
Not that I'm suggesting anything, of course . . .
latest report
this is all sounding quite simular to my situation. I've only ever done boarding, never skied. I go away mates who are all skiers but find them getting impatient with me when doing up bindings or riding out the flat bits. huffing at any opportunity and then taking the mick etc etc So much so I've decided to go away just me and my daughter next month to learn to ski, we've got a week of morning tuition and then we'll hit the slopes together in the afternoon. I'm fairly confident we'll pick it up quick and theres a few of them I would love to see the look of if I could out-ski on the next trip. Some of them have been skiing for 15-20 years and think they are experts, I'm no skier but I'm not convinced of their expert evaluations. If there is a god he'll let us be naturals at it and next seasons trip will be one I can really look forward to!! Twisted Evil just love to get one over on a couple of them!!
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
Skiers are just as capable of hanging around with ceremonial boot buckle adjusting etc etc - the problem here was human..

And just one of those at that...

As other have said the difference in abilities tends to be the issue. If everyone in the group is competent skier/boarder, or if everyone is beginner, then there's generally no issue...

Otherwise some of the competent croed can get fed-up waiting...

This is how I got into boarding from 30 years of skiing. Went onto a trip where everyone else was beginner boarder, and I thought i'd be bored waiting for them...So decided to be a beginner myself.

This year I went with a mixed skiers/boarders group, pretty much all faster/better than I was on a board (no issues on skis.). And on occasions (particularly were long flats were involved) they've had to wait for me and a couple others. Not once was I made to feel bad for it...despite some of the groups being extremely fast!

MY problem was that everytime I caught with them they'd be off again...So I had very little rest, and combined with my currrent lack of fitness, it made for some very tired legs by the end of the day! Laughing

So I'd say the issue is mainly the OP's group..or that one person..and foxtrot_mike should change his habits/views on account of one idiot....That person should go skiing alone..
snow conditions
I've mainly ridden in N.America and Canada and there it's very common for skiers and boarders to hit the hill together.

My Best Beloved came back to skiing after a 10 year break last year, and yes she does rip the proverbial out of me for parking it while i ratchet in ("you spend more time sitting on yer a*se than riding!") but then she doesn't complain too much when i'm having to help her with a tangle of poles and skis when walking about with my board tucked neatly under my arm on strapped to my pack, or tightening a buckle, or waiting shile shes clumping about in her Franken-boots. (sorry hon! Very Happy )
snow report
foxtrot_mike,

good post! Bit of background: Started skiing about 20 years ago. Did it for 5/6 years and got proficient, having had quite a few lessons and fortunately a holiday every year to practice. All holidays at this time with fellow skiers.

This was until I was 16/17 when I took up boarding. Did this for 10/11 years and went on holidays with mainly snowboarders initially, but last 5/6 years of this period were all with an [expert] skier. There were only 2 of us.

Didn't touch skis until 2 years ago when went to Utah and specifically, Alta/Deer Valley and had no choice! Last 4 weeks of skiing have been on skis, with 2 skiers (including myself) and one boarder. Motivation was:

- didn't see myself boarding at 50, so best try and rediscover the ski legs!
- skis these days are a lot different
- wanted a new challenge (felt I'd taken boarding as far as it was going to go)

Had a private lesson to start with and that really helped knock the rust off and get some formal technique back. These new carving skies are a revelation in my eyes and on piste you can get the board feel with carving, and off piste you get [with the wider body skis] a similar(ish) floaty feeling of the board but now it's just so much easier!

Anyhow in terms of skiing nowadays with a boarder, there maybe a wait at the top but to be honest, I relax my bindings on the lift anyway as ski boots are still bloody painful half the time! Am loving the fact that I'm no longer the idiot on the flats and even more so majority traverses are so much easier! BUT missing that off piste if truth be told (probably because I still don't quite have the confidence on skis I did on a board). But, with more lessons and a couple more weeks I'm sure that will come.

Frankly, all this skiing vs. boarding thing is bulls**t. I don't see the 2 as mutually exclusive and can be enjoyed together . The real caveat with this in my view is you all have to be of a similar standard/speed (once you're actually moving!) + be happy with the usual banter. But this is no different if you were all skiers/boarders.

Sure, if you want to clock the miles, skiing is always going to be quicker, but skiing/boarding for me is about enjoying the snow, the scenary, the thrill of the whole thing, with your mates. It makes sense to divide into similar ability groups but if you were with a bunch of skiers who didn't have the patience to wait 60secs at the top of a lift before moving on then I think you got a raw deal and they should chill out a bit!

If you are worried about it, all I can say is I've loved getting back on the skis and the board's not retired yet either!
snow report
bar shaker wrote:
foxtrot_mike, It sounds like the problem was just one, inconsiderate, person...

Nail on head.

All the other stuff about mixed groups, different capabilities etc is quite interesting but it's a fact that mixed groups can and do work.

I strongly suspect that if Foxtrot Mike put a set of skis on, the objecting individual would find another objection.
snow conditions
I envy the whole boarding thing. Getting your rocks off, off-piste! It looks awesome and I know a few that do it. I would like to take it up, but I'm put off. Contrary to other mentions on this forum my experience suggests not only an increase in boarders numbers but a decline in the behaviour of some on the slopes - and I dont want that 'label'.

But, why do boarders even go to La Plagne where its clearly too flat, or exhausting, for them? If boarding there is such hard work why not ski?

It seems increasingly that boarders seem to sit staring downhill at every sodding possible location including the bends of icy forest runs ruining the pistes for everyone else including disabled skiers? Some boarders are even found 20 abreast log-jamming the pistes and that cant be healthy for them or anyone else. More will surely end up with a broken spine, pelvis or ribs from being punched in the back by a pair of ski's that they didnt see coming. Some boarders also respond with a diabolical attitude in response to some unavoidabily skiing close-by them because of where they are positioned.

Would a boarder with the desirable manners politely explain the numbers of boarders on the piste has increased, are less fit, or are more obnoxious on the whole?
snow report
Are you by any chance the "single person in the group" referred to in the first post?
latest report
Seems a bit unfair of the person who was bothered at having to wait a few extra seconds for you to do up bindings etc. Have to say I don't care whether it's boarders or skiers I'm skiing with, it's the company that matters, not what they're wearing on their feet! Smile (plus if they're taking longer on the flat bits it gives me a chance to catch my breath whilst pretending it's just waiting for them! wink Laughing )

Do whatever you WANT to do. If it's one or the other, then fine. If it's a mix of both, that's cool too. (although may be more of a faff equipment wise?)
snow report
JDC wrote:
Are you by any chance the "single person in the group" referred to in the first post?

my thoughts as well...or "troll"...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the impatient and intolerant individual in a group is just as likely to moan at someone with the same equipment on their feet. The real question is why people go skiing with people they don't like, or who don't like them. It's rather sad to read comments like:
Quote:

just love to get one over on a couple of them!!

But I do admit to having been so irritated by the husband of a couple we skied with just once, who was forever moaning or making snide comments to his wife about her slow speed, that I rather childishly and deliberately set out after lunch (when she had retired for the day) to keep well ahead of him all afternoon and wait around ostentatiously for him to catch up. Twisted Evil All morning I had tried to keep behind his wife, who had big difficulties getting up if she fell (he was no use to her at all, miles down the hill).
latest report
gonwitdeewind, I'm sorry but that sounds like the kind of crass generalisation that causes the whole bad skier/boarder feeling. I'm an ex-skier who boards now and have done for 7/8 years. I'm way more competent on board than I ever was on skis. I have never had the slightest inclination to sit in the middle of the piste, but will happily sit at the edge if I have to wait. I tend to kneel more than sit as that allows me to look back up the slope for the (usually) slower members of the group.

The main thing is, I have rarely, if ever, come across a bunch of boarders sitting around in the middle of the piste. No more so than a bunch of skiers standing around or in a line in the middle of the piste, anyhow. It's just the "red light" thing - everyone notices a red light and forgets the green lights they go through - everyone sees a boarder sitting down, goes, "huh - typical boarder, on his arse again," whilst failing to see the bunch of 9 skiers standing in a diagonal line just to the side of the boarder. I'm generalising also, I'm just trying to point out that a) I don't think your hypothetical situation really exists and b) there is an equal, if not greater, number of skiers clogging up slopes. It comes down more to etiquette and plain commons sense, mixed with good manners. Society is generally becoming more "screw you, I'm enjoying myself and don't care about you" so this is bound to be reflected on the slopes, surely?

As to the original post, I feel that the person in your group who is impatient or objects to your presence should be told to go forth and (not) multiply. That sounds like an awfully intolerant and twitt-ish attitude to take. I'd hate anyone in my group to feel they were upsetting the enjoyment of others. I go in a large mixed-ability group of skiers and boarders and if any of them feel like blasting off, we just agree to meet at a cafe half an hour later or a different piste or lift. It's very, very easy to do. All you have to do before you go up a lift is agree where you're headed then as soon as you get strapped in you can catch up.

Our group tends to largely stick together. The skiers all stay on piste and the "puppies" (as they call us snowboarders) choose between romping about in the off piste at the edge or carving down the piste behind (or often in front) of the skiers. None of them have any problem waiting, there's often some banter, it's all good natured and we all have a great time. I'd tell the fly in your ointment to lighten up or find some new friends to enjoy the snow with. Life's too short to argue about the best way of getting down the slope.

Oh and for the flat bits - just learn to travel fast in a straight line, you'll be amazed how far you can get on a well waxed board... wink
snow report
[quote="JDC"]Are you by any chance the "single person in the group" referred to in the first post?[/quote]

I am a married Father and dont believe I am the single person mentioned in the first post. Our group of twelve, made up of three familes, had one teenage permanent boarder and two part-time boarders.

We were all at various levels at different times but covered the whole resort that is La Plagne, and I was encouraged by that. However, several times during last weeks thoroughly pleasant skiing, boarders seemed not only ignorant to the dangers of sitting on the piste while in the way of all else with their backs to the traffic, but some skiers in our group got verbalised by boarders sitting staring down the mountain for no apparent reason other than unavoidably skiing close beside them because they take up the piste with their boards across the runs.

While I have no beef with boarders per se, these events seem both ridiculous & dangerous, plus result in an unpleasant experience for all.
ski holidays
There are inconsiderate slope users. Of all kinds. Like the groups (more often skiers, I'd say) who stand around together at the top of a chairlift, not getting out of the way, which makes life especially difficult for beginners, especially boarders, trying to dismount. Or skiers who seem to have no awareness of where their poles are going and wave them around all over the place. Or boarders who sit in big groups in the middle of the piste (they do exist, but so do family groups skiing one behind the other taking up the whole width of the piste). It's just so crass to see all the faults as stemming from one type of equipment (though I will add a crass generalisation of my own - that lads on those silly snowscoot things are halfwits).
snow report
*applauds Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:
I envy the whole boarding thing. Getting your rocks off, off-piste! It looks awesome and I know a few that do it. I would like to take it up, but I'm put off. Contrary to other mentions on this forum my experience suggests not only an increase in boarders numbers but a decline in the behaviour of some on the slopes - and I dont want that 'label'.

I read somewhere that snowboarding is the fastest growing sport in the world. I suppose there are more and more each year, but no way as many as there are skiers, well not in France anyway from my experience. The decline in behaviour is not because these people are boarders, it's because they are not aware of the correct decorum and naturally uncouth. Shock! Horror! there are even skiers with this attitude!!

Quote:
But, why do boarders even go to La Plagne where its clearly too flat, or exhausting, for them? If boarding there is such hard work why not ski?

Regarding La Plagne, yes, it is flat in places and not the best overall resort for boarding, but the whole reason you go is for the great reds and the off-piste. The skiers can have the flat bits for themselves...

Quote:
It seems increasingly that boarders seem to sit staring downhill at every sodding possible location including the bends of icy forest runs ruining the pistes for everyone else including disabled skiers? Some boarders are even found 20 abreast log-jamming the pistes and that cant be healthy for them or anyone else. More will surely end up with a broken spine, pelvis or ribs from being punched in the back by a pair of ski's that they didnt see coming. Some boarders also respond with a diabolical attitude in response to some unavoidabily skiing close-by them because of where they are positioned.

Yes, we all sit 10-abreast in the forest waiting for all those disabled skiers that pack out the resorts!!! A bit like the skiers who all barge their way into you as you're trying to shuss along at the lifts or the ones who complain at you on the chairlifts because you happen to disembark differently to them. If someone smashes into me and it's my fault then, apart from feeling a hit narked, will always hold my hands up and make light of the situation so everyone's happy. Unless my spine is severed.
As far as the 'diabolical attitude' towards people skiing too close that we (boarders) apparently have, it's a natural response when someone enters your personal space. If you get a face full of snow it's even worse. Still, it's one of those things so I let it ride normally. If it's you though I'll make a point of telling you to f*** off...

Quote:
Would a boarder with the desirable manners politely explain the numbers of boarders on the piste has increased, are less fit, or are more obnoxious on the whole?

I don't know if my manners are desireable (I don't even know what that means - desireable manners!!!) but if numbers of boarders are increasing substantially, it's cerainly not because they're all obnoxious slobs – it's most probably because they don't want to be labelled as to$$ers on skis for having opinions like yours!! You give a bad name to the many skiers who totally accept snowboarders as part of mountain life.

Quote:
......I have no beef with boarders per se....

Err, am I missing something?..
snow report
Quote:

Quote:

rolling eyes i'm not saying anything
snow report
[b]Specialman[/b]
... Ok, so you want park benches every 1500mts for the tired boarders that like to sit around and chat (even if the place for that is at the mountainside eateries). PLEASE, anything that stops everyone else from encroaching on the poor boarders 'space' while they sit 20-abreast across the piste.
[b]But seriously... [/b] I'm middle-aged and still reckon I can put on a good tantrum like the nearest teenager and swear enough to upset the females on the piste as they ski a little close, but even I would draw the line at pampering to the needs of the worlds [i]yoof [/i]rather than ensure they and all else are not in any danger. I agree that everyone is equally entitled to a pleasant skiing holiday without abuse, boarders and skiers alike!
I don't profess to being more than a mediocre skier and might even have jumped the queues, but this years experience with boarders seemed particularly dreadful. We had a couple among us and they didnt position themselves in the same way. I saw a child taken out by a boarder who could not give a moments cause for concern. After having been skiing for years we just havn't hade these experiences with skiers, and wonder if that clarifies the point sufficiently? BTW: dont take my comments personally, as Im sure you understand that not all agree in any case.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 16-02-09 17:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
[quote="dlawless"][quote]
Quote:

[/quote]

:roll: i'm not saying anything[/quote]

:~/ go on, go on, go on, say something. Or are you floored? :shock:
snow report
I'm a skier who often just goes out with boarders...I let them zip off piste through the deep powder and meet them at the bottom. Or follow them down and get royally stuck. In fact, I quite like hitting the slopes with boarders because I'm not adverse to a bit of a mid-piste sit down.

Don't bin your board, bin the person who didnt like the board...
latest report
gonwitdeewind, I have had similar experiences with skiers standing around and blocking a flat run, involving me in a 25 minute walk/skate that I would have boarded in 3 minutes.

Everyone has to be considerate to the other mountain users and boarders do not have the monopoly on forgetting this.

Your rants on this are not very becoming, especially as many of ski and board.
snow report
I have skied with a mixed group of skiers/ boarders without problems.Providing the group are of similar speed then no worries.The boarders suffer on the flats so we give them a tow or lend a pole when its really flat. There is always a bit of banter but thats part of the fun .
As for one group being more considerate than the other well ive seen good and bad from both. I dont see the big divide..except the boarders boots are way more comfortable!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy