Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Champs Mens Slalom

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Managed to catch the second leg of the qualifying event today.

Noel Baxter came 3rd & david Ryding 13th so the both qualify for tomorrows final.Unfourtunatly the other Brit (Andrew Noble) didn't manage to qualify coming out in the first run Sad

The race was run in La Daille, the same piste as the GS qualifying. I didn't see any black arm bands wink

I thought Alan Baxter must have already qualified as he wasn't in the qualifying race but he dosen't appear on tomorrows start list Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking forward to the race. No doubt Eurosport will manage to miss the Brits completely. They will finish coverage before they start the first run and if, by some fluke, either of them get to do the second, they will be on during the ad break or when someone more famous is being interviewed.

And if that ******* Clarke bloke mentions "aggressive snow" once more! Evil or Very Mad Frankly, I wish it would avalanche and smother him. (Well, not really but you know what I mean ...... rolling eyes )
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maggi, He is going on about it rather a lot, but I suppose we don't all watch all the races. It's horrid snow to ski though!

stewart woodward, thanks for the info - good on them. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi, And if that ******* Clarke bloke mentions "aggressive snow" once more! Frankly, I wish it would avalanche and smother him. (Well, not really but you know what I mean ...... )

Her really is an ar**se isn't he? How many times will he call a run over only to be faced with a green light at the next split???
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robboj, He's better than most - ex team, ex team trainer, ex BASI trainer (and a snowhead). Listen to what he says you might learn something. All commentators get it wrong! Thank god we no longer have to put up with David Vine - nightmare! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like it's been a real slalom course - thrills and spills by the bucketfull. Fantastic bottom 1/3 from Grange after a pretty careful top 1/3, Pranger and Brolenius also great edge of the seat stuff - and par for the course from Miller Laughing . Shame they couldn't stick around for the 15 mins that would have been required to see Bxter and Ryding. Looking at the splits on the live table it seems David skied out on the last 1/3 of the course, although he'd been going pretty well until then. Noel on similar splits looks as if he may well make it into the top 30 (no-one with a later start no. has beaten him yet - although 4.6 seconds back Sad - fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Noel 25th after the first run, so will be 6th out of the gate on the 2nd run - coverage restarting on Eurosport at 12:15 GMT
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What a spectacular course, particularly the last 20 or so gates - should be good for some close shaves Smile . Shame it caught Noel out, but he'd had a pretty hairy recovery earlier in the course too. This should be a great leg to watch.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good old Manny Pranger... kept his nerve.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wow - what a race! So on the edge from everyone. Drama in spades - how can anyone say watching ski racing is boring after that? I'm a bit surprised that last section didn't cause more problems than it did. I expected there to be more problems with racers trying to shave too much on the approach and hitting it too tight and too fast. In the end I guess it didn't happen (except for Baxter and the one guy in the top 10 - forget his name, maybe Byggmark? - who did blow up half way through) as most had blown out on the earlier steep section. With the exception of Lizeroux, Neureuther and Cochrane most of them seemed to be taking that bottom section pretty steadily. Was a bit gutted for Grange as he was looking pretty good after a dodgy start, but it looked like something in the snow caught his ski just as he was setting for that turn.

I do have to agree with robboj's comments on the commentary though. In this case, they've comepletely missed that the difference between Pranger and Liseroux was not the super way Pranger skied the end of the course, but that massive mistake by Lizeroux. Where Clark was going on about Pranger tying up and blowing it was where he made up 0.5 seconds on Lizeroux - yes he was slowing down a bit, but was making sure he didn't go out on that section like Moelgg et al. - and making sure he didn't make the even bigger mistake that Lizeroux made in that mid section. I can't remember the splits exactly, but Lizeroux was about .2 seconds faster to the first split, lost over 0.5 between 1st and 2nd split (Pranger went from something like 0.29 to 0.87 lead), and then smashed Pranger on that last section. In the end though that 0.49 sconds was just too much to make up. It would have been great to have seen the dartfish montage of those two runs - and also Cochranes stunning one.

Great to see Lizeroux looking so happy with being pipped at the post. Such a difference from Neureuther's rather sour (but very understandable) expression.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
robboj wrote:
maggi, And if that ******* Clarke bloke mentions "aggressive snow" once more! Frankly, I wish it would avalanche and smother him. (Well, not really but you know what I mean ...... )

Her really is an ar**se isn't he? How many times will he call a run over only to be faced with a green light at the next split???

All a bit harsh on JC. Conveniently you are ignoring the 95%+ times he gets it spot on and he is by miles the most knowledgeable 'tator we have. On a live commentary, such as today, you can tell that some of the info reaches us viewers just slightly ahead of what they see in the box. I've been in one of those boxes - they are crammed in with a just a small screen and a live timing screen. They can't see all of the course out of the window and the pics on the screen are slightly behind the view out of the window. Then all they have to do is co-ordinate what they say with what you're viewing and sound polished as well. Easy innit?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm with you Bode Swiller. JC also provides some interesting and insightful info on many of the skiers IMO.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller, Chasseur, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Very Happy Horrid comments on the Eurosport website - if too many people complain we might get that bloke who does the ladies tour most of the time, and talks about everything except their run. Shocked Worse still a David Vine type "he's carving well, staying off his edges" Shocked Shocked Shocked

Forgot to say, fabulous race, full of drama and two really difficult courses suitable for a World Champs. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy