Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding In A Day

Poster: A snowHead
I've just booked my first snowboarding lesson. I'll be going next sat to tamworth's Snowdome.

Really looking forward to it, totally exictede Very Happy, got my board,boots,pants. Ready for all the falls and face first into the floor.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jdizzle, youve gotta start somewhere
i learnt at bracknell on their slope
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jdizzle, Laughing good luck! welcome to your addiction.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jdizzle, you'll love it. Tam is a great place but get extra padding on your knees and bum because the slope is rock-hard.

Don't want to be a party pooper though, but my mate did the day course and even though he could string his turns together and stop with a modicum of control, he didn't pass. Only a few out of the 14 or so in the course 'passed' even though he said they got nothing to show for it.

Just enjoy it and keep your eyes of the rails and kickers - they draw you in and once your on, you'll be hooked!! Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jdizzle, Plus... real snow is easier... both on the sliding and on the landings Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Doesn't matter if you "pass" or "Fail" it's better than wasting the first few days of your holiday falling over if you can get it out of the way in the Dome.

Hope you enjoy it and that the bruises heal soon Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My son done the day course in Milton k, linkin turns by the end of the day i think its well worth it, took him to Tignes he was ready to go.. happy days Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
haha, sweet ! Smile , i wanted to go MK but they didn't have next weekend plus it was cheaper, so phoned up tam and booked my place. I do hope i pass,lol. I wanna go MK with my mates before we go out 2 val thrones in easter. 1 of them boards the rest are skiers and have been doing it since they were young-ish. We're all 20 now but i'm the least experienced. Soo excited, just want to go now Very Happy .
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
since when did snowboarding become all about passing or failing? It's supposed to be fun. Smile

Says the guy who got told mid way through his BASI course he would fail and then pulled himself together to avoid the shame of failing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jdizzle, good luck keeping up with those skiiers Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't forget the ibuprofen! Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Haha, cheers guys, let's hope I don't required too much ibuprofen Sub4! Its going to be awesome I hope, I wonder what the teaching is like?.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No idea.

Wrist guards, helmet and a hefty dose of "toughen up soft pants" and you'll be fine. My ex did a learn to baord day at Milton Keynes before his first trip out. Granted he wasnt the greatest, but I didnt need to waste precious time teaching him how to strap a board on! I just wish they could teach boarders how to get off chair lifts- that would be worth the money in itself!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee, the 1st thing taught the BASI way is how to scoot and move around/go in a straight line with one foot strapped in.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
2mora is the day of awesomeness!!!! I can't wait!! Woop Woop
snow report
jdizzle, enjoy your day, I did it last year for a laugh and had great time and have been loads of time since you get a little better everytime and thats the addictive part for me. I'm excited thinking about it. I had to get impact shorts I was very prone to the bruised coxyx! My knee pads paid for them selfs quickly aswell and I found that a helmet works too! I wear wrist guards too but havent fallen on my hands YET!!! Its great to fallover and be able to get back up and go again! If you enjoy it youve passed there is no failing. Toofy Grin
The teaching was real good in Tamworth and you start to make progress really quickly. It was in following trips with fresh legs that it all really came together though. I wanna try boarding on a mountain this year but I usually ski when I'm away cause thats what I'm better at and I want to make the most of my lift pass.
snow report
jdizzle, good luck and have lots of fun !
latest report
jdizzle, break a leg .... so to speak Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops, Laughing

jdizzle, enjoy! and after tomorrow you can start using words like "'duuude!", "awesome" and "sick" a lot... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Many thanks to Kruisler, rayscoops, DebbiDoesSnow, RPF, Jonny luv plums, Nadenoodlee, Sub4, ronaldothefrog, romeowner, Scarpa, Specialman, sherlock235, nigel b for all the support and advice. Feel free to check out how I did, I made a new topic : http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49763.

U lot are Awesome!!! snowHead
snow report
Glad you enjoyed it man. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy