Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

USA / Canada Night Life

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me of any resort in Canada or USA except Whistler and Lake Tahoe that has some good Apres ski and banging nightlife?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jackson Hole, Banff, Park City sorry gotta wake up more all I've got right now.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Killington and Vail.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can vouch for Vail, Breckenridge is nice if you like meals and traditional bars... not much in the way of nightclubs though..

To be honest unless you like functioning as a Zombie you probably won't be very interested once you're there... With the 7-8 hour time difference you'll find you naturally wake up at 3-4 in the morning (this takes about a week to stop entirely) which means that after a day on the slopes you'll be absolutely knackered and ready for bed by 9pm! If you do go out you will probably welcome a quite drink rather than up till 2am dancing Shocked That's what you're eyes look like with matchsticks in them!

By the way, The Red Lion pub is the place to be if you end up in Vail, great atmosphere and live (very very very good) music most nights....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Folledeski and Vipa - sorry to disagree but I'm currently in Vail and I don't rate the nightlife at all. The Red Lion is OK, but there is little else in the way of rowdy bars / clubs and most stuff shuts early. I'm here for the skiing so not an issue, but give me a decent European resort any day for nightlife.

On a more positive note, great powder day in Beaver Creek today Smile

Aspen has OKish nightlife, but expensive and more 'meals out and smart bars' rather than dancing in ski boots downing massive quantities of beer.

I've skiied a lot in the US and Canada and really only Whistler competes with European style apres ski.

Just my two cents...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Now I've partied several times in Park City and besides weak beer and every guy in every bar after your women it is quite fun and with the low octane beer you party all night long. Yes it's not Whistler but it's much more than many places in the US ski world with real apres and several ski area options.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Exactly, not rating it against Europe, just by comparison in USA / Canada. Apres tends to be much busier than nightlife later on. Been to Park City only once but would agree with comments above. Whistler, I agree, is livelier than Vail, but OP was asking about non-Whistler/LT. Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wouldn't say Lake Tahoe has great nightlife, pretty much Whistler is the only real party town I've been to. Banff is ok but its mainly pissed up British punters and Aussie workers.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In west canada no where quite matches Whistler, at the smaller resorts banging nightlife just doesn't happen... You might do alright at Fernie depends what your standards are....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It kind of depends what your idea of a good night is. I love Fernie nightlife, but I do miss proper clubs. It's kind of what you make of it here (or how much you drink!).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pinhead wrote:
Now I've partied several times in Park City and besides weak beer and every guy in every bar after your women it is quite fun and with the low octane beer you party all night long. Yes it's not Whistler but it's much more than many places in the US ski world with real apres and several ski area options.

They don't call it the 'Nosnatch mountains' for nuffin. And bottled beer is full strength. Park City is pretty lively tho, and Vail is fun, Jackson Hole rocks in a very cowboy way
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DaveC wrote:
It kind of depends what your idea of a good night is. I love Fernie nightlife, but I do miss proper clubs. It's kind of what you make of it here (or how much you drink!).

Just looking for somewhere that has bars / clubs with lively atmosphere, singing, dancing to great music. I know I'm not going to find anything near European standards but just need somewhere that comes as close as you can get without making do.[/quote] Does that sum up Fernie?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
To an extent, but Whistler is your place to go for that kind of thing properly. Banff is probably a second as it's more of a city near mountains.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DaveC, Pool, hockey on tv and name that tune/jam night are probably not the same as a session in the Mooserwirt. That said give me Fernie over your average Eurocheese ski reosrt nightclub anyday.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy