Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowbrainer - beyond the call of duty!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry Mods if this is unnacceptable, but its genuine praise due!!
We used www.snowbrainer.com to book online ski hire last month for our trip La Rosiere, their prices were extremely good but for some reason my payment didn't work, a guy from snowbrainer rang me, an hour later that evening and sorted it all out for me over the phone, we were very pleased with the good quality equipment in resort and then booked through them again for my daughter and her friend for their trip to LDA this week.
Again competitive prices and good quality rental. You pay online and they email a voucher to take to the hire shop where usually they take a credit card swipe as a deposit, I explained at the time of booking( all via email) that my daughter does not have a credit card but was assured by Alex (who dealt with the booking) that if there was a problem in the shop for my daughter to ring his personal mobile number and he would sort it out.

Anyway the girls have had a great week until today!! they are staying at the Crystal Club Hotel Brunerie and discovered this morning that my daughters skis and poles were stolen along with many other guests equipment, from a locked boot room, you need a code to get in!! it was reported to the Police and they went to the hire shop to explain, the shop said my daughter had to pay 350 euros, I gave her my card details thinking they could do a 'customer not present' transaction but they could not! the Crystal rep tried to take a payment for a cash transaction so she could pay cash but that didn't work (along with a friends card we tried), she could not get a Police report (needed for the insurance claim) without a paid invoice for the skis!! My daughter spent all day back and forth hotel/hire shop/police station and getting nowhere!!!
So I rang Snowbrainer late this afternoon (feeling pretty frustrated by now) spoke to Alex who said "calm down, I will sort it out"!! he rang the hire shop to say he would pay them the 350euros, then rang me back to take my payment, then rang the shop to say it was paid for and can they give my daughter the invoice (which they did) then rang me again to say "all sorted"!! she then thankfully got the police report!

I think this kind of customer services is quite rare these days hence a deserved 'plug' for them, they could easily have said they cant be involved as they are only the agent but they didn't! anyone considering online ski hire give these guys a look, I recommend them 110% Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
feefee wrote:
Sorry Mods if this is unnacceptable, but its genuine praise due!! ...

To the contrary - good service is well worth flagging up on here Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

In case you are out of pocket - When I had my skies stolen from a locked boot room, the hotel insurance paid out the full value of the skies, more than my ski insurance at the time would have paid.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hire shops almost always have an optional additional payment for insurance against theft or damage (our local shop charges 1 euro a day) which is well worth taking out.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well I will claim on the holiday insurance anyway, but will write to Crystal as I feel the hotel should bear the responsibility as it was in a locked room!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
feefee wrote:
Well I will claim on the holiday insurance anyway, but will write to Crystal as I feel the hotel should bear the responsibility as it was in a locked room!!

So how do you think the hotel was negligent?

While Crystal may give you something out of "goodwill", there will be no legal obligation on them to do so unless you can show they (or their agents - which in this case means the hotel) caused your loss by their negligence.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At the risk of getting into another Alex Heney debate around legal minutiae wink does the fact that a locked ski room has been significantly cleared out (smacking of an organised job) not reflect badly on Crystal?

Could an employee have leaked the code or was their system for resetting the code not frequent enough? Or are hotel guests informed that he room is not secure and allowed to take stuff to their rooms?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney, At the risk of pointing out the obvious.... I think the clue was in cp1000's post wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schuss in Boots, Exactly!
alex_heney, Because the hotel insist on you leaving your equipment in the 'secure' bootroom!! which obviously isn't secure!
And yes there was a list of guests that had equipment stolen, not just my daughters, and I am now in out of pocket for £60 excess and possibly around 50 euros as the limit I can claim is £300!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy