Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys Lift Pass - Anyone know of a 'cheap' one?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads!

I was just wondering if any of you knew of anywhere that is still selling area lift passes for the 3 Valleys at 'pre-ridiculous € exchange rate' prices? I assume these would be English companies that might have pre-bought a load at the start of the season perhaps?

The alternative would be if anyone has any tips on any way that you can get them cheaper (I am organising a group of 10, so some sort of negotiation may be possible?).

Any help would be gratefully received! Laughing

Many thanks,

Nick.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Other than speaking to your TO and asking nicely for a BOGOF deal then the answer is nowhere / no-one...

Most TO's buy them to fulfil that weeks needs rather than pre-buy at the start of the season as that's better for the cashflow - well ok so they get them on 30 days terms I believe but you see the point I'm making.

None of the french resorts discount lift pass prices in the same way as you can get 'deals' in the USA but then they're walkup prices are not so ridiculous. There are some discount categories aka junior / senior but even some kids have to pay 'full fare' once they're 13 in some places. There are discounts for locals and workers but I guess you're not in either of those categories. The liftcos make there money out of the 6/7 day holidaymaker and price their lift tickets accordingly. I'm afraid you'll just have to grin and pay it...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wns198, probably not is the answer.

The only way you may manage it is to book accommodation which includes lift pass - this may work out cheaper than booking seperately
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
family passes seem to be the way to only way I've found to get a good price...you need 2 adults, 2 kids and some places check passports to prove you are a family...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We recently clocked this too, and booked L2A areas for £136 through Neilson brochure price (but we are travelling with them..?)

This is much better than the 200 odd euros in resort based on curernt exchange rate.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In fact... When I worked in Courcheval 1650 (03-04), the Lift pass office would offer tour-operator discount (approx 16 euros back then) to people ordering ten or more passes, and in La Tania too. (as a rep on commision we used to hate the people everyone on our coaches who had clocked this, as we offered same price as 'in-resort'...!).

Not sure if this still the case though?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Prib Star, groups of 10 sound very small to be getting discount on sejour passes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A half day pass is quite chep Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The only way I know of getting a cheaper pass in the 3V is to live there... and even then, you only get a discount on the local area, not on the whole 3V pass, and you can't use your discount to upgrade. Alternatively, buy a season pass, ski for more than about 25 days, and you'll be better off Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
~35E off but £25 per group booking fee? http://www.skicollection.co.uk/Ski/lift-passes.htm

search on here for more theres a thread or two somewhere...

aj xx
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's really useful everyone! Very Happy Sorry I haven't replied sooner...have just moved and waiting for the old broadband to be reconnected again!

I think I'm going to investigate all those avenues above - will let you know the outcome in due course!!

Many thanks again, it's really appreciated.

Nick.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
a.j. wrote:
~35E off but £25 per group booking fee? http://www.skicollection.co.uk/Ski/lift-passes.htm

search on here for more theres a thread or two somewhere...

aj xx

they only let you use this now if you book the holiday through them
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy