Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mounting bindings onto a pair of Volkl Grizzly - easy job????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Basically long story short, bought a set of Grizzlys ( Very Happy ) in the UK on behalf of my father and I am taking them out to France for him next week on the train.

Because the boots are already in France, the shop wouldn't mount the bindings onto the ski.

Now I had a look at them when I got home and it looks like a really easy DIY job - just slide the bindings onto the rails and fix one screw.
Then adjust to fit the boot by sliding along the rails and alter the DIN
Job done.

Am I missing something fundamental and do I need to get a tech to mount them / do a safety check on the release??

Cheers for any help
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
g77, Welcome to snowHeads.

After setting the boot length & the din you need to set the forward pressure adjustment at the rear of the heelpiece to allow for the variance in the length of your actual boot. This is important as the din release setting is only accurate when the forward pressure has been adjusted correctly.

Presumably they are Marker bindings? If you do a search under my username you'll find a number of posts on how to adjust the forward pressure.

It ain't rocket science but it's always worth getting them checked before use if you're unsure.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, Thanks for the help

(Suppose this means that I could adjust the bindings to suit my boots too........... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy