Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950 - Kids Caribou Club? & 3 3/4 year olds skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

We are off to Les Arcs 1950 for a fortnight in March. We have a young family (12 weeks and 3 3/4 years old). We have looked at ski lessons/fun for our eldest and have found the Caribou Club in 1950. Initially this seemed to fit the bill as we could have her messing around on skis for a couple of hours each morning. But I now think that the Caribou club may just be a glorified creche (with a tiny bit of skiing).

As we are taking the grandparents to help with childcare we dontl need a creche. I would just like our eldest to have a good time on skis but in a constructive environment. Of course we will mess around with her each day but is it feasible for her to have the odd lesson (with hot chocolate stops) ?

She has already been in a garden de neige a few times in France and again on something similar in the US and enjoys being in all the gear and skiing in a straight line on a gentle slope, but is it feasible to have her progress (at her own pace) in an enjoyable way at her age?

I appreciate she is young and we aren't pushing her, but I think she would be wasting her time (and our money) in what looks like a creche. Would the money (160 Euros) be better spent on say 3 x 1hr lessons?

My wife and I both value lessons and have spent time with Easiski and Fastman in our desire to perfect skiing on one leg Smile A tiny bit of structure for our eldest would be good wouldn't it? Smile

Any thoughts from anyone with experience?

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think having private lessons is a great idea. My son is 3 1/2 yrs. He learnt to ski last year, and this week has just done his second week of premiere etoile with ESF. (He has done it twice as he is not physically strong enough to progress to deuxieme etoile even tho he has the technique.) He had 3 private lessons of 1 1/2 hours at the start of the season and loved it - and he progressed very fast, which is what has allowed him to go into group lessons.

Go for it, if she has already done the jardin de neige, and enjoyed it, she really will benefit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy