Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MARIA ALM TERRAIN

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Were off to Maria Alm in March. Having had a great beginner experience in Val Cenis over xmas - happy with the green n blues, I'm now slightly worried the terrain will be too challenging for my 2nd week's ski. Are there any easy(er) wide (er) reds. Unlike Val Cenis it appears if you want to travel distance reds are compulsory - HELP !!!!

PS. Just found the Skiline info - fab website which maps your progress from your lift pass in terms of mileage / height / lifts taken etc. Worth checking out. Not available in France though.

Lastly I understand you can get to other areas of Ski Amade by bus from Maria Alm. Any info on that would be great too!.

Cheers All.
Lou
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
loucoops, Not much knowledge apart from a weekend last year! maria alm is beautiful, the runs are wide and pretty, crowds unheard of, I'll have a rummage for the piste map etc see if I can find mor einfo for you!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
loucoops, don't forget that Austria doesn't use the 4 grade piste classification (green-blue-red-black) that France has, they just have 3 grades (blue-red-black), the upshot is that Austrian reds tend to be easier (more like the harder blues and easy reds in France)

Hope that offers some comfort! Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maria Alm is beautiful,it is quiet and a great place to gain confidence.Enjoy it Razz
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

The only bus you can get is to Hinterthal which is the village next to Maria Alm. You can ski to the next village and the next one ( which is where we live!!) but you will bnot get to any other resort by the free ski bus.

I think form Saalfelden you can get to Zell em Zee and Saalbach and Leogang but they are on a different ski pass.

hope that helps.

Nigel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
djfletcher, Hi and thanks for the reply.

Are there any buses to Dienten & Mulbach from Maria Alm at all. Even if not free ? I am wondering wether we would be better to hire a car from the airport ? Or do you know how much a taxi will cost each way ?

There looks to be some lovely long blue runs from Sunhutte & at Mulbach and I've assumed the whole area would have good transport links !!!!

Any more information on how to get about would be Great. Thanks. Louise Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry, no buses from Maria Alm to Dienten and Muehlbach in the winter. You could get a taxi, but I'm not sure of the cost. Hiring a car would probably be OK in March, just remember that the road goes over the highest point and so you need to check the weather! Get snow chains. There are some lovely long blue runs here, if you make it over here get in touch, we'll meet up.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy