Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know how to adjust Marker M10 bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Need to move front binding forward a bit as too small (just) to fit boots. Back binding as far back as it will go. They're on a Marker Motion plate on Volkl skis - around 5 years old. Tried taking off front binding but plate still fixed and unmovable - even with screw at side with padloick symbol turned to unlocked position.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
turn the screw clockwise quater turn to unlock the mechanism. In the centre of the binding there should be big star shaped thing with a screwdiriver slot, at the side of this there is a lever, pull the lever out then stick a big screwdriver in the big slot and have a twiddle.... can't remember which way is which but anyhoo.... as you turn this both the back and front of the binding will move together (thus maintaining your boot's relationship to the centre of the ski! very cool!) once you have them where you want them push the lever back in and then turn the screw on the side back to the locked position indicated by a little padlock... et voila Toofy Grin

If the mounting plate doesn't have the adjuster built into it as above then I have no idea... sorry Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vipa, Thanks - excellent but looks like the model I have is slightly different but looks like it should be dead easy as the bindings look as though they should be able to slide along the rails
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quick (but related) hijack - is the little shiny 'M' logo in the middle of the current series of Marker system bindings supposed to be a midsole mark, or is it wholly unrelated to the setup? Ta
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boabski wrote:
Vipa, Thanks - excellent but looks like the model I have is slightly different but looks like it should be dead easy as the bindings look as though they should be able to slide along the rails

any way you could take a pic of one and post it on this thread?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski, you need to remove the locking pin so you can slide off the toe & heel pieces etc. The locking pin is the item you've described as the "screw at side with padlock symbol turned to unlocked position." You're right in the it needs to be turned to the unlocked position but then you need to push it out from the opposite side. The toe & heelpieces can then be slid off the rail. Thetoe & heelpieces are connected to each other by the boot sole length scale which you can now lengthen to match the boot sole length stamped on your boot. Now slide the whole assembly back on the rail & re-insert the locking pin & turn to the padlocked position. Note that you will now also have to check the forward pressure adjustment at the rear of the heelpiece - as the heel was already at it's longest length it's highly likely that the forward pressure will need to be increase, ie the heelpiece will need to be moved forward towards the toe. I recently posted instructions & a pic on how to do this so do a search under my username.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
take it into shop

smile

ask them to adjust.

Say thanks..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Prize goes to spyderjon, Thanks very much (the version I have you need to pull the screw out rather than push but worked a treat) God Bless Snowheads Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
when the boot is a length 305. How do you set the front and back? do you set the front at the 300 position and the back at 310 or the other way around?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rdljal, A couple of points before I respond:
- welcome to snowheads Cool
- thanks for using a search function to look for answer to a question that might have asked before. If only others would rolling eyes

In response to your question, either way will do however the former will put your boot centre a bit behind the mounting mark on the ski & the latter will put it a bit in front of the mark. Personally I'd go for the latter, ie 310 front & 300 rear to be mounted a tad forwward.

After setting the lengths on the two boot scales you'll also need to correctly set the forward pressure adjustment using your own boot in the bindings. If you're unsure about how then do a search under my username & you'll be sorted wink.

And if you can't find anything then give me a shout.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can instruct me on how to adjust a Market M7.2 binding? I realize it's not the newest binding however I have a pair of skis that are perfectly usable and I just need to adjust the bindings for my boots. This post comes close but I don't seem to have the screw on the side of the binding that is mentioned. Thanks.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arafaatv, welcome to snowHeads. Unfortunately the M7.2 binding is no longer on Markers Indemnified Binding List (it came off this season) so shop techs are no longer able to adjust them.

The indemnification list is not just a manufacturers sales ploy to get you to buy new bindings as most are only removed after many years but instead it is a list of makes/models of bindings that still test safely & without signs of plastic/metal degradation due to temperature changes/UV exposure etc. Bindings are removed from the list when they either fail to test within the industry (din) standards &/or age degradation is apparent.

There are plenty of people skiing on bindings that are out of indemnification that'll tell you they're ok to use but as a commercial operation I am unable to advise how to adjust them as my insurance would be void. Having had a number of out of indemnitiy bindings break on my testing machine my personal recommendation would be to replace them.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for your reply.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm new to skiing and bought some skis with Marker M7.2 bindings on them. I was wondering if anyone could instruct me in how to remove them from the ski. Thanks.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnnymmac08, welcome to snowHeads. As per my post above:

Unfortunately the M7.2 binding is no longer on Markers Indemnified Binding List (it came off this season) so shop techs are no longer able to adjust them.

The indemnification list is not just a manufacturers sales ploy to get you to buy new bindings as most are only removed after many years but instead it is a list of makes/models of bindings that still test safely & without signs of plastic/metal degradation due to temperature changes/UV exposure etc. Bindings are removed from the list when they either fail to test within the industry (din) standards &/or age degradation is apparent.

There are plenty of people skiing on bindings that are out of indemnification that'll tell you they're ok to use but as a commercial operation I am unable to advise how to adjust them as my insurance would be void. Having had a number of out of indemnitiy bindings break on my testing machine my personal recommendation would be to replace them.
ski holidays
spyderjon, I read the post from johnnymmac08 as "how do I take off the old bindings before I take the skis to a shop to get new ones fitted".
snow report
ris

No need the shop will remove the old bindings and plug the holes properly for you.

If you really are unsure best to leave even the removal to someone who knows bindings inside out like spyderjon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy