Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski company practices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Confused Is there any discussion of late offers here? In mid-December I booked a week mid-Jan in the French Alps for a specific station and hotel, but apart from confirming my booking number when I telephoned the company (who shall be nameless at present but is reasonably well-known in UK), I have heard nothing at all from them. Are they all like this? Do they shuffle accomodation around between themselves and only let the client know at the last minute?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you've booke a specific location and hotel then that is what you should get, the only people who should be shuffled are those who book AOA or Allocation On Arrivele, if you do not get what you have booked you are entitled to compensation as the holiday would have been sold incorrectly, you could always contact the hotel in resort and see if th etour op has booked you in already, most hotels recieve all but the last second bookings details in advance so they can allocate rooms
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
drachir, Welcome to Snowheads.

Feel free to name and shame - eye-witness information is (partly) what this site's about! Twisted Evil
If it's Crystal or Thomson or the like, then I've consistently found their telephone customer service less than serviceable (I find I usually need to tell them how to do their job....)

Yes, as D G Orf, says, booking specific location/hotels means you get what you ask for.

In practical terms, there are a number of things you "should" be doing.

If you've paid a deposit, you should at least have received a receipt for it. Sometimes your booking number doubles as your proof of deposit.

You should also be paying the holiday price in full before the due date (usually 6 weeks before departure or, if you've booked within 6 weeks of departure, then you would normally have to pay in full).

You should then, usually, receive from the Tour Operator no later than 2 weeks of your departure date the following: a receipt for the full price, together with an itinerary that includes your flight tickets (or flight details if ticketless), transfer details, and accomodation information (including hotel name).

If you haven't received this yet, then chase chase chase the Tour Operator until you do. The least of your worries is that you might be left wondering until arrival in resort as to whether you've got the hotel you thought you'd booked. At worse you might turn up at the airport without the Tour Op having any record of you having paid for the flight!!!!

The name of the game is Chase, Chase, Chase until you get the pieces of paper you need.

NB I dissagree with D G Orf about ringing the hotel. Tour Ops sometimes don't forward to the hotel any information of later bookings until about 14 days before your arrival (coincides their contractual deadline for handing back to the hotel any unsold beds). The hotel is expecting to deal with the Tour Op so your ringing the hotel may simply confuse matters (they may in fact misunderstand the purpose of your call, and book you in as an independent at rack price). Anyway, your Tour Op is obligated to deal with the hotel on your behalf, and to provide you with confirmation of your accomodation booking, so make the Tour Op do the job you're paying them for!

Happy holidays!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for these replies: I have e-mailed the co. twice with 'Request Read Receipt' tags during the last two weeks (OK it's festive season but...) but still no reply. I have checked on their website (they provided me with ref. and P/W for this purpose when I booked) and the booking is there all right showing paid in full, but still no paperwork nor actual confirmation. I had paid in full when booking since it was within the specified notice period. What is concerning me is that they may not have name details to match passport -- I have told them in the e-mails. I'm getting to the "you might turn up at the airport without the Tour OP. having any record" stage Evil or Very Mad
9 days to go now before I'm due to depart! Best wishes to all for '05 and here's wishing lots more snow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Manda, it was the fact that he had less than 2 weeks to go that made me suggest checking with the hotel, however you are right that he should be careful that they do not misunderstand and book him in privately

However Manda is correct keep chasing them until you get the correct paperwork
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Back again rolling eyes paperwork arrived Saturday a.m., 7 days before departure. That's what I call a tight schedule. The company, Rocketski - just so that readers know - has changed my initial for the flight ticket to the correct one, so they must have read my e-mails. What hacks me off is that they couldn't bother to reply. All I need now is lots of snow at Arc. See you on the slopes. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
drachir, have fun and I'm glad that they sorted you out eventually
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
drachir, Another SlushNut for BSM/Arcs/Vallandry third week in Jan! Flying Squirell's going to be busy. Goatee and bad haircut's me and more than likely horizontal
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
drachir, Monday 24th 1pm in Flying Squirrels pub near the Vanoise Express terminal in Plan Peisey if you want to say Hello. You wouldn't be female by any chance - we could do with same girls in the gathering.
Short grey beard and probably a Columbia jacket coloured duck-crap green is me (unless I buy a new one). On the other hand it is unique - only got that way in an overheated tumble drier. Fortunately, I'd put the hood in too. Looks a bit like boarder gear. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kuwait_ian wrote:
drachir, Columbia jacket coloured duck-crap green is me (unless I buy a new one). On the other hand it is unique - only got that way in an overheated tumble drier. Fortunately, I'd put the hood in too. Looks a bit like boarder gear. Crying or Very sad

Stick it on Ebay with a 'unique, one off special design' comment and it'll probably go for more than new price.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
drachir, hope you're well into your ski holiday by now. Very Happy Very Happy

BTW - Unless you've got a good relationship with a particular staff member at a particular Tour Op, never NEVER NEVER rely on emails to deal with this kind of thing. By all means send the email, but then get on the phone and chase chase chase until you've spoken to someone who promises to deal with your booking. Follow up with a fax if necessary. But don't assume that just because you've sent an email/fax that it has been read and actioned. Follow up with phone!!!! drachir, was just plain lucky....

Also, I recently late booked a package and my tickets only turned up 2 days before departure. As I'd paid the full price I was all ready to phone and yell&scream if they hadn't turned up when they did!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy