Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where to go? what to do?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having to rethink the March holiday (flights have been shifted & I have no desire to consider those logistics). Leave from work is booked Friday 13th March to Monday 23rd. Can't now be altered.

Now, package hol means refund, it's not much though 'cause it was cheap booking with a free child place. Been looking around and everything's ridiculously expensive. Obviously I know nothing and need help. Could get some flights out of Manchester to loads of places skiable for £3-400 but that means very little holiday on the other end!

Can get flights from L/pool to Grenoble (are ryanair that bad?) for not much money but can I get transfers, accommodation, passes, equipment, etc. for a budget? (£500 each pp?). Only thing to be really fussy about is not sharing a room with the child!

Any ideas, suggestions? please *begs*

[pathetic/]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Package holidays. If e.g. you go to ifyouski.com, they're available for about £250-£300 for a week, catered, including flights.

Loads of surplus holidays around at the moment.

Crystal have plenty of self-catering apartments if that's what suits you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cripes, the world of package holidays is a nightmare! Ended up telephoning neilson for help. Was offered a very iffy looking studio on Avoriaz for a great deal more than I'd expect and Mr bloke found a rather quaint looking cabin thing in Niederau for very reasonable (£1400 ish).

Looks like Austria for us.

*sigh*

(I was in Austria for a couple of days in December, wonderfully well looked after at hausfletcher in Muhlbach Smile, would love to be able to go back there but hassle and cost of 3 people on short notice diy is beyond me at the minute!).

Saturday is sorting all this out day. If any of you might have an inkling to offer your opinion I'd be grateful. Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kittya, How old is the child?

If you don't want to share with them, then you are effectively looking for a twin plus a single, which is always going to be a bit tricky.

But I just put in a search on the www.thomascook.com website for that week, specifying 12 as the child age, looking for 2 rooms, with the child in one, and the first page of results (10) are all under £1100 total price, including some pretty good resorts (there is Soll or Hinterglemm available in that list). Although some of the results don't give you two rooms, but rather one room for three, so watch that Sad

There are also several Neiderau options there, but the skiing might be a little limited if you are good skiers. The Harfenwirt is one of those, available for £988 total, and is literally just across the road from the Neiderau lifts.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really no prospect of dealing with the moved flight logistics? - probably a lot less hassle in the long run & don't forget sudden heavy snow can scupper the best laid DIY plans while at least a TO has some obligation to sort you out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_heney, The child's 11. No, we really don't want to share, she 'needs' her privacy, don't ya know! I shall do a bit more looking around, did check thomascook (& everywhere else) and they all stuck to one room three people - there's a right mess of some dodgy looking accommodation around isn't there?, I hadn't realised! The other two are better at this skiing lark than I am - I'm a 4 mile an hour bag of nerves and pains - I'll not be limited. I thought the cabin was a good deal, includes lift pass n'stuff Smile

fatbob, No, I can't do it, stupid o'clock on a Sunday and back to work/school next day, makes no sense financially either, the hassle and cost of making the newly proposed flight isn't worth it, I'm going to stick with looking for package deals though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kittya wrote:
alex_heney, The child's 11. No, we really don't want to share, she 'needs' her privacy, don't ya know! I shall do a bit more looking around, did check thomascook (& everywhere else) and they all stuck to one room three people - there's a right mess of some dodgy looking accommodation around isn't there?, I hadn't realised! The other two are better at this skiing lark than I am - I'm a 4 mile an hour bag of nerves and pains - I'll not be limited. I thought the cabin was a good deal, includes lift pass n'stuff Smile

If it includes lift passes (what other "stuff"?), then that isn't bad.

The 6 day Wildschonau pass for those dates is €150 for an adult, €90 for an 11 year old

But the cabin may well be self catering, while the hotel deals I was seeing are half board.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy