Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda Mountain Restaurant reviews

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off next week. I have been several times before but I get the impression I am missing the best of the food. I don't like long lunches so prefer not too many recommendations for places where it would take an hour or two to get through it but always welcome good tasty simple food (and there's more chance of getting my two girls to eat it too I suspect).

Please provide name, location and dish (if relevant)

Thanks...I'm getting excited !!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You don't say where base camp is, so its hard to know where lunch will be.

We spent the last week in January at Arabba and ate at 4 piste side restaurants. All quite reasonably priced (definitely not France!) You should be able to get a good portioned meal and coffee for well under EUR10 each.

Rif Burz - top of the chair just above Arabba. You wouldn't pass this if you go clockwise. Its a mediocre piste side restaurant. Its busy, small and the day we went there it was bloody freezing so we weren't too fussed. The misses tells me the toilets were a hole in the ground job - although the ones I used had white china!

Rif Plan Boe - top of the two reds before you come down to Arabba if you are going clockwise, or up the second chair from Arabba if going Anti-clock. Bigger than Burz, its more of a Canteen Style place. Food was OK (we were starving and knackered that day!!) but nothing to write home about.

If you are going via Arabba there are of course places to eat in town. Couldn't fault any of them but I suspect the pace of serving is slower than you'll want if doing the circuit.

At the top of the PortaVescovo there is Rif Luigi Gorza its a newish building with fantastic views and good service - although strangely you go to the till and pay then take the receipt to the display counter to get your food. We only had coffee & cake there but seemed very nice and I imagine the customer flow is fairly swift.

And now for my top tip... If you are going Clockwise you will be taking Gondola 20-21 up to PortaVescovo. This is what I think is a slightly strange gondola in that it "stops" half way. You don't normally get off if you are doing the sella ronda route, BUT you should! There is an unmarked NEW restaurant right at the halfway point. Its probably only opened this year, and is a modern build but designed with a sort of Barn feeling. It'll be easier to go in from the bottom (next to entrance to Sass De La Vegla lift entrance) the other entrance has stairs which are a bit tricky with your ski boots on. They seemed to serve everything! Pasta cooked while you stand and chat to the chef. Couldn't fault the place. Two of us ate Pasta, Coffee and 'she' had a bottle of water as well for 18EUR. I'd go there for lunch every day if I could! Its very quiet too... presumably cause its missing off the map and cause the Sella Ronda guys don't get off the Gondola. You'll not need to queue really to get back on the Gondola either so don't worry about loosing time by getting off. If you are going Anticlockwise - sorry you won't be going close enough... would be enough to make me go Clockwise!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
polc1410 wrote:

And now for my top tip... If you are going Clockwise you will be taking Gondola 20-21 up to PortaVescovo. This is what I think is a slightly strange gondola in that it "stops" half way. You don't normally get off if you are doing the sella ronda route, BUT you should! There is an unmarked NEW restaurant right at the halfway point. Its probably only opened this year, and is a modern build but designed with a sort of Barn feeling. It'll be easier to go in from the bottom (next to entrance to Sass De La Vegla lift entrance) the other entrance has stairs which are a bit tricky with your ski boots on. They seemed to serve everything! Pasta cooked while you stand and chat to the chef. Couldn't fault the place. Two of us ate Pasta, Coffee and 'she' had a bottle of water as well for 18EUR. I'd go there for lunch every day if I could! Its very quiet too... presumably cause its missing off the map and cause the Sella Ronda guys don't get off the Gondola. You'll not need to queue really to get back on the Gondola either so don't worry about loosing time by getting off. If you are going Anticlockwise - sorry you won't be going close enough... would be enough to make me go Clockwise!

It is only a short diversion if you are going anti-clockwise.

One lift, into the restaurant, eat, then there is a red you can ski back down to the base of the gondola. It merges with the black that branches off the red you would take from the top of the gondola if going clockwise.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TBH I don't think you can go wrong. Ate three or four times on the mountain at different places; €8 will get you lasagne or similar; €2 for a coffee and €3.50 for dolce snowHead

Except in Corvara. Double the prices there, or better, ski on round the Ronda a little wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the info. Previously the only place we have specifcially eaten at is the place above Pedraces just below the small church up on the hill above La Villa (whose name escapes me)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dsoutar, you may have already seen my faves on the Sella Ronda Fans thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1154908&highlight=fredarola#1154908
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in san cassiano in December. Found the Piz sorega(on piste next to gondala) restaurant really good value and great food. Pizza fantastic and enormous!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy