Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ahhh - I hate rugby

Poster: A snowHead
The count down had begun, final little details being sorted, excitement reaching maximum levels, three weeks to go...yippee - then I go training last night, one tackle, foot gets trapped, knee and ankle bend in the wrong direction, hear a pop, and am now currently on couch, leg up, anti-inflamatories to beat the band. Off to the physio this afternoon. Hopefully not too much damage done, but big bloody grr!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dublinfella, aargghh ... condolences ... GWS.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dublinfella,

Sorry to hear you've injured yourself so close to going away.

I had a cycling accident in late October before I went skiing in early December. I've only done 2 short cycle rides in a park since then, I'll wait until the end of the ski season before taking up cycling again. Next winter I'll buy a cycle trainer to avoid any possibilities of injury before/during the ski season.

I hope you're fit for your skiing holiday.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dublinfella, Hope the damage is minimal. Kids still going training friday night though...4 sleeps Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dublinfella, When I used to play I had a window from January through March that I was unavailable due to my three skiing trips. Refused to play or contact training in that period. Once I did play soccer during a tour when talked into it due to copious amounts of beers. Got a stud in my shin. Fortunately not that bad that I couldn't ski, but close.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cymru am Byth, So let me get this straight; The wifey tells you when you are allowed to watch Wales play rugby on the telly, and when you played you missed most of the season in case you got hurt.

I have forwarded this to Martin Johnson and asked he show it to the boys before kick off. They will be stoked by the knowledge of what pussy-whipped fannies they are about to play and will kick you sad and sorry asses back accross the Severn bridge (presuming it is not closed by ice falls) Very Happy

OOps...forgot I wasn't in the rugby thread Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman,

Professional sports people do not participate in other sports than their own. They will not endanger their livelihoods.

Colin Jackson only took up skiing once his athletics career ended. Earlier in this ski season I met an ex-professional cricketer who was learning to ski only because he was no longer playing cricket professionally.

Martin Johnson, Brian Moore and Jeremy Guscott only took up skiing after their ruby playing days were over.

I have decided not to risk injuring myself cycling during the ski season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
welshflyer, you are a professional skier?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
welshflyer, I seem to remember a French international first choice prop breaking his leg just before the WC or 6N or something a few years ago wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, Yup, it was in Tignes....and then the English tortured their front row.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
welshflyer wrote:
Martin Johnson, Brian Moore and Jeremy Guscott only took up skiing after their ruby playing days were over..

Now if I were standing in a lift queue, waiting my turn and letting the kids pass, and that Martin Johnson came barging in, sliding over my skis and knocking over an old French lady...

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dublinfella, ouch, sorry to hear about that. There were some nervous looks from the family a couple of years ago when I insisted on playing in the Old Boys death match on the Saturday before our Sunday flight out to ski. Thankfully I got away with just a broken wrist... Shocked

My fingers are crossed that a bit of quality physio will do the trick for you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

I have forwarded this to Martin Johnson and asked he show it to the boys before kick off. They will be stoked by the knowledge of what pussy-whipped fannies they are about to play and will kick you sad and sorry asses back accross the Severn bridge (presuming it is not closed by ice falls) Very Happy

Err...

The match is in the Millenium Stadium Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alex_heney, Yes it is. We will come, we will conquer and then send them scuttling for the exits
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah I hate rugby too. I swear the six nations tournament is run more than once a year, it's always on the blo0dy tv Sad
latest report
welshflyer wrote:
Professional sports people do not participate in other sports than their own. They will not endanger their livelihoods.
Italian footballers ski, F1 drivers ski, darters play snooker, loads of ski racers play golf, go climbing, do triathlons etc. Some ski racers have played semi-pro football. Alain Baxter plays ice hockey. Martina Navthingyover skied while still in the game. I could go on.
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
welshflyer wrote:
...darters play snooker...
This, in response to a comment about sportspeople playing other sports... Puzzled Laughing
snow report
Don't get this...you have to be most active to ski so you need to put the time in..

altho it always got a bit fraught playing the last game before I went skiing

Closest call I had was when the Met Police busted or caved my ribs in at football on the wed before I went...I couldn't breathe and falling/sleeping laughing was sooooo painful

Dublinfella, hope it is just a tweak and all is ok
latest report
Yippee...only one ligament gone - should be able to make the skiing. Hurray, hurray. Don’t think I could get away with picking and choosing when to play, struggled to get clearance to go when we don’t even have a match. They are quite picky about making sure your available for the league! Always get worried coming up skiing, but so far, have always made…just!
snow report
skisimon wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
welshflyer wrote:
...darters play snooker...
This, in response to a comment about sportspeople playing other sports... Puzzled Laughing
Lying across a snooker table balancing on one toe and an enormous beer gut is very dangerous... for the table.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, LMAO....
snow report
welshflyer wrote:
Frosty the Snowman,

Colin Jackson only took up skiing once his athletics career ended. Earlier in this ski season I met an ex-professional cricketer who was learning to ski only because he was no longer playing cricket professionally.

Martin Johnson, Brian Moore and Jeremy Guscott only took up skiing after their ruby playing days were over.

I have decided not to risk injuring myself cycling during the ski season.

I know he is nearly finished but doesnt Beckham ski in France ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy