Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Due to some family problems we are going to have to take the Easter week April 4th on rolling eyes
Any suggestions on where to look at in Europe for then?
Family with teenagers, intermediate upwards.
Thanks
snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
provenjohn,
For me it would be any of the big, high French resorts such as Alpe d'Huez, Les Deux Alpes, Tignes/Val d'Isere etc. All these have a good range of slopes, although Alpe d'Huez probably is the most sympathetic if your intermediate definition is a bit optimistic. We have been to all these during various easters over the past few years and not really had a problem. Sometimes a prolonged warm, sunny spell in March can mean some of the lower slopes are a bit threadbare but then you can also get the benefit of roaring sunshine for near enough 12 hours a day. We are going to Alpe d'Huez o the 5th April, simply because we have a place there, but normally accomodation is not really a problem and, I think I am right, because the french school holidays are not tied to Easter like ours, although they have the bank holidays ? The slopes normally are'nt that busy either.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went to ValD/Tignes in April 2006 and the snow was perfect.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We do Val Thorens regularly in the second week of Easter, and have a great time. Conditions have always been pretty skiable across the whole of the 3V's at that time, does get a bit slushy towards the end of the day particularly at the lower resorts in the £v's but there are relatively few runs completely closed. And you can get lucky and get a dump of fresh snow.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo wrote:
the £v's

Now there's a Freudian shift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hoppo, Where would you fly into for Val Thorens? bearing in mind the holiday traffic Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
provenjohn Chambery if poss, flybe go there from Southampton so maybe Exeter as well?

otherwise geneva or lyon aren't too far, 3hrs or so unless traffic is terrible
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dont go to chamberry as its hopeless. its too small for th evolume of traffic. We waited an hour for our luggage when we flew in and got delayed 1.5 hrs when we left as there were too many planes all coming in at the same time. they usher you through to an inadequate bording gate area where it was like a rugby scrum. not ideal with 2 young kids. They dont even have luggage trolleys. imagine getting from the bus to the terminal with 4 bags, 2 sets of skis and boots and 2 kids with no trolleys
NEVER ever again shall we go to chamberry
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
backhojo, Sounds familiar Shocked
Last time we went to Chambrey we got stuck in traffic for 3 hours! Sad
On the return there were about two thousand people in an airport sutiable for about 300 hundred.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
provenjohn, fly to grenoble. 2 hours transfer to ADH and LDA. Not sure about traffic during peak times though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
provenjohn, we fly into Geneva, but as Roger C points out Chambery and Lyon are both options, or you could take the train down to Moutier. If you're going DIY the transfer from Geneva can be a bit pricey.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
can anyone advise on italy over easter - fancy a short break and would love to try italy for a change????
dolomites or alps? which are the high altitude resorts in italy?

thanks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I shall be in the Grand Massif, they are doing a 3 day lift pass for 73Euros over easter. Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
great info so far. I am looking at trying to book a late deal for the first week of april. so will look out for these resorts.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountain mad, Cervinia
snow conditions
I've just booked for Les Arcs over Easter - so hoping it will all be ok Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy