Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria early april

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any advice about resorts to try..

Why austria?..had a great time over new year in saalbach much more off piste fun in austria..

Intermediates boys trip 4 days only..not cheepie cheepie but not money no object.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look at Ischgl, Solden or Obertauern. They all are open till May and should have a good snow. It is cheap, easy and quick transfer from Salzburg to Obertauern as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
80% of the ski area in Ischgl is above 2000m so it is a very good bet for early April.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cfc5mu0, St Anton should be fine even without a glacier. Stuben could be a cheaper base, has great off piste and holds its snow longer http://www.stuben.com/index.php?id=3&L=1 Nothing really in Stuben but only 5-10 mins away from both Lech and St Anton. Agree with other posters on their recommendations too and possibly add Obergurgl. But if it's 4 lads going away I think you'd be hard pushed to better St Anton
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ischgl, Obergurgl or Obertauern.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski, whats the male/female ratio like in St Anton. I get the impression it is full of blokes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jagerbull, if a female talks to you in st anton, dont waste your time going through the motions, just get your marlboro lights out and move on..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jagerbull,

Very high male to female ratio ca 10 to 1.

If you are out on the pull, go ugly early Wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wasn't asking from a pulling point of view - I just think that a better male/female mix makes for a nicer atmos and there is generally less trouble in the evenings.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cfc5mu0, Lech is expensive but if snow is good is very nice. If snow is bad find a bar and watch the people, you'll never see so much fur and designer gear. Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cfc5mu0, I loved my first trip to Saalbach this Jan. I would suggest Ischgl for a simliar feel with regard to the apres/nightlife.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jagerbull, Reckon the males outnumber women 2 or possibly 3 to one. Although 1st week in April is usually ladies week. I've been to St Anton 6 times now (2 staying in Oberlech) and the male to female ratio has never been an issue, other than when I've teken my Mrs to the Mooserwirt!!! I have never experienced any trouble in my time in St Anton. It's just full of Dutch/Germans/Brits/Scandos all having good fun - best atmosphere I've experienced in a ski resort.
My mate who comes with me on the boys trip to St Anton and family trip to Oberlech is just back from his first trip to Ischgl - he preferred the apres and skiing in St Anton/Lech. Tends to go away about 6 weeks a year so I value his judgement
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boabski, thanks for the info.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That is what I wanted proper advice..I'll let you know what happens...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I always go to Obergurgl just before Easter and will be there from 22 March for 2 weeks; was there there for the same period last year and there was loads of snow and we enjoyed some great off-piste skiing. The nightlife is pretty quiet though but it suits me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy