Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ghetto foot remedies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Besides the obvious - go see a bootfitter which will be happening in due course, what podiatric relief do people recommend for the temporary protection of a pressure point/ previous injury on a toe? I've got corn felts, gel padding, compeed blister plasters and even a gel toe sleeve to choose from. Needless to say I would like said toe to go in a ski boot.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Depends what the previous injury was and where on the toe.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ickabodblue wrote:
fatbob, Depends what the previous injury was and where on the toe.

and how much space you have in that area of the boot
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plenty of space ordinarily - never given me a problem before, caused this year by packed out liner & maybe careless buckling (i.e. not tight enough) causing snall blood blister , current result is small callous/scab approx 5mm diameter on top/side of little toe that hurts like crazy when direct pressure applied to it.

New boots were in the offing but some other issues have made that a problem this year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
as direct pressure is the problem, i would try a corn ring to surround the area
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers CEM - I've piloted that and seems to give a measure of relief. Just wondered if any of these miracle gel cushions lived up their boasts on the packaging.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, why not a combination therapy of a gel cushion with a corn ring around it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i still think you should cut it off
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
.......and, how come I get one blister, in the same place, everytime I have to walk a fair bit or spend a day doing jump turn excercises.

Just under that sticky out bit of bone at the ankle on the inside of my left achilles?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mosha Marc, little bit too much space in that area Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Too much. I'd guessed it was too tight Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
blisters come from motion/heat/moisture you need all three ...ok so that particular but could be tight with the area around it being loose
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, Go see a chiropodist and get them to take the callous away. Shouldn't cost much. Is there a darker nucleus in it?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy