Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Catered chalet with in-house childcare ??

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I'm looking for a catered chalet with own in-house childcare. Hoping to travel 1st week of March with hubby and two boys (aged nearly 4 and 6). Intention is for boys to do ski school in the morning and to utilise some childcare in the afternoon. Yes, we do want to see them, so ideally the more flexible the childcare the better (ie by the hour rather than day). Have seen so many recommendations for the big budget big names, but am wondering if there is a more small and friendly option out there ?

help please

Confused
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used this company many times. I'm not sure they do kiddie care by the hour, but are very flexible! they will pick your kids up after ski school, feed them lunch, and then you can ski with them in the afternoon.

http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com/

regards,

Greg
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
suki, can vouch for kitenski's recommendation. We stayed with them in Jan and it was difficult to find fault.

The afternoon childcare is until 5pm but if you want to pick the children up earlier as we did occasionally it's no problem. Even if the nannies take them out bum boarding/ up the bubble etc they will keep in contact via text and arrange to met you somewhere.

Staff all appeared well motivated and competent and food was superb!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also look at Le Ski. We are off to them in March (La Tania) - staying in the Marmau Chalet. Creche is in the same chalet
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
susan@sunshine chalet.com we stayed with them last march she is a fully qualified child minder and is actually one of the chalet owners. we found her to be superb Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haven't used them for 4 years now, but used to use Ski Beat. Often have creche in or very close to chalets
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were vary happy with http://skifamille.co.uk/ when we used them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Esprit have Chalet Alber in St Anton for £1195 for family of 4 going out of Gatwick on 1 March. Nursery is in Chalet. I used Esprit 3 times when kids were smaller ie 18 months to 4 and was always very happy with them. Other deal on website in other resorts, that one just caught my eye. Price seems good given the £4000 plus I gave them last time.

Also The Terril Blanche in Tignes for £1095! Which is a hotel really, but very good.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't fault Ski Famille either - fantastic childcare in an excellent resort.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We used Ski Beat in Plan Peisey last year - creche wasn't in our chalet, but was in another. Our daughter loved it
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the feedback. We find ourselves looking at a choice of two good offers, and like all things pro's and cons to both. Esprit (who I had been trying to avoid) have a cracking deal in Austria but I find that with Esprit 3 and 4 yr olds take lesson in the aft, and 5 plus in the morning. Not ideal as was hoping the family would spend some time together and not see the kids off after b,fast for return at tea ?!

Alternatively Snowbizz seem superb and highly rated in reviews I have seen. The lessons/child stuff seems superb but with self catering I wonder if as adults we would miss out on the social side a little ?? Anyone been with Snowbizz who can comment ?
Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try Chalet Violetta or Traviata, in Canazei (Dolomites), through Crystal. They have 3 nannies who will provide morning or afternoon care.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
suki, if going to France, you'll find the following week quieter - 1 March is still French school hols.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have a look at Villa Kunterbunt in Leogang, it is a super kindergarden for kids up to age 7 , who either ski half days or not at all. Supervised staff. It is located at the bottom of the Asitz Gondola in Leogang.I dont know of catered chalets here but eating out is easy , and they cater for kids with early meals in evening. Also in Leogang free kids ski passes after 14/3 so you might want to look at delaying to save money. Razz
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for info everyone. Still Looking. Will quite possibly avoid France, thanks for the tip. Esprit have just dropped our week by £200, but they do like to add on all the extras....

Can anyone recommend accomodation (or operator who travels to) Leogang? (would have posted a new post if I could have remembered how!) Thanks Nads the ski school looks fantastic.

Any other suggestions still welcome. Keep looking at lovely independent chalets who think we all want luxury. I'd rather forget the fluffy towels etc and just have good honest value accom and food at a reasonable price.
rolling eyes
snow report
Try Snowline/VIP. They seem very family friendly. We go with them every year and although we don;t have kids, we know people who do and were impressed with the childcare
latest report
hello Suki
There are no tour ops here, I have a house with 8 apartments its a kids paradise they are so well looked after, we have a childrens play room. If you want to send me a private message or you will find me on holiday-rentals.co.uk our house is blue and yellow if that helps , I dont know how much info I am allowed to give via this site.We do fluffy towels and good honest value as well there are no compromises ! hope you make contact
Nadia Razz
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy