Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski analogies

Poster: A snowHead
Picking up from the White Dot Freeride ONE review thread where the subject of ski analogies cropped up, were the following two comments:

Analogies: (this ski is like...)

A Cooper Mini "Turbo S Clubman".

My skis are more like a posh Limo, as I'm often in the 'back seat'!

Has anyone got any further analogies along the lines of:

My skis are like...................................
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is the clubman the one with the double doors at the back? In which case, the analogy the reviewer is trying to make is that the it is quite compact, a bit nippy, and the tail can be loaded by your granny.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Somewhere I did a long one about the Icelantics a year or two ago.

I know, lay-zee! rolling eyes Blush
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mine spend most of their time in the garage, so ....Discovery?

snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jeckell and Hyde...Soon as I think I've tamed them they dump me on my backside!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go like sh*t off a teflon coated shovel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
........like a new boyfriend........exciting, give me butterflies (Wink) and there's a risk of being dumped when I least expect it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mine spend most of their time in the garage, but once they go out, they go like sh*t off a teflon coated shovel, and around corners like nothing else.... so... Lotus Elise?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You know, skiing is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

You make sure your helmet is a snug fit, perform a solid pole plant, glide effortlessly between the bumps - taking care to avoid any muddy areas - and once all the sliding has worn your knees out you brush all the white stuff from your clothing and go to the pub.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
paulio wrote:
you brush all the white stuff from your clothing and go to the pub.

A brush? Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No, the verb.

What?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
paulio, Top tip - I find Kleenex more effective than brushing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You know, snowboarding is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

You tighten up the straps so that you can't keep your knees together, spend several hours being beaten black and blue, enjoy a quick session in the half-pipe, but decide you've had enough of her doing 'backside airs' and finish off with a quick tail grab instead.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum wrote:
Picking up from the White Dot Freeride ONE review thread where the subject of ski analogies cropped up, were the following two comments:

Analogies: (this ski is like...)

A Cooper Mini "Turbo S Clubman".

My skis are more like a posh Limo, as I'm often in the 'back seat'!

Has anyone got any further analogies along the lines of:

My skis are like...................................

Here's a few:

- Fruit smoothie pouring down the hill with some hard ice cream underneath when you want it.
(Palmer P01 2008)

- Playful tawny cat capable of more moves than you might think, but always lands on its feet with grace, ready to do the next thing, indoors or out.
(Palmer P03)

- Finely honed ninja carving tool - finely crafted, not to be abused.
(Palmer P02)

- Really friendly labrador retriever.
(Palmer P01 2007)

- More Alfa-Romeo than Lamborghini.
(Spoilt RaceCarve)

- Really nice European luxury touring coupe (think nice-tight Alpha Romeo)
(Sterling Matterhorn)

- A GNCC / ISDE dirtbike for snow. Fast, powerful, ridable all day and can handle anything in its path with speed and confidence. Easy going between special test sections, and a ripping fun tool in the special tests. A step up from standard showroom models.
(Edelwiser Firnis)

- An F1 race car slightly modified to make it street legal. Experts only please.
(Edelwiser Prototype)

- An ex-olympic GS skier who can slice a slope at any radius with terrific precision at any speed while never breathing hard. Beautiful to watch and makes you wonder why the racers training on the other hill seem to be working so hard to make turns of half the quality.
(Edelwiser Speed)

- This ski is like an old freind you are always comfortable to be with who makes instant new friends on first impression. Easy to handle no matter what the situation, reliable and requires no effort to coax into having lots of fun...sometimes more extremely than you had planned. Playful and always smiling, but not willing to go into bar fights with race-pace muscle heads. Despite giving the impression as a "softie", this ski can lay down some serious angular gymnastics on the groomed slopes that will surprise you....kind of like seeing your old friend do a back flip, or drive a sports car really, really well through some tight corners....("I didn't know you could do THAT!...let's do it again...")
(Edelwiser Swing)

- This ski is like strong truck that does great doughnuts and some wheelies, but takes a steady hand on the wheel. Not for lightweights.
(Lib-Tech NAS Park & Pipe)

- A playful young colt ready to please the younger teenagers.
(Swallow Zuma Surf twintip)

- BMW 7 series car. Not so great at weaving in and out of traffic in Manhattan, but when you get it out into the countryside...Get out of the way...the Boss is coming!
(Hart Fuelie)

- Alfa Romeo - stylish, high-performance turns putting most other vehicles to shame. Not a pure racer, but has the heart of a thoroughbred and elegance in the way it handles.
(Hart Blue Phoenix)

- Specialized Japanese road racing motorcycle ready for the track, but outfitted with lights so you can sell it for highway use.
(Hart Javelin SL)

- One of those specialized Top-Chef ginsu knive tools for slaying specific jobs quickly and effectively.
(Hart F17 bump ski)

- Playful labrador dog about 2 years old who wants to go run around everywhere with abandon having too much fun, but always obeys and never strays...but can sometimes slip on the kitchen floor if it runs too fast.
(Hart Twisted Twin)

- Race car. Drive it accordingly.
(Kastle MX78)

- An Audi A4 with really sporty tires mounted on lightweight rims: nimble, smooth, grippy and comfortable for all day driving, but sporty enough to yield G-forces to make you grin. High quality.
(Styibwe First)

- BMW or Audi 5 series sedan: Beautiful, capable and pleasing for all-day easy driving at slow or higher speeds, but the same performance might be available for less money, unless you really want the look and high-quality you get by paying more.
(STAGGER M80-00 structure AZM2 "intermediate skier")

GT3 racecar (Audi R8 GT3, Lamborghini, Lotus) with a softer clutch and steering-assist so civilians can drive it without getting sore. The more you put in, the more you get out. You don't have to eat your Wheaties to drive this one, but you'll appreciate it if you do. Ability to switch edge behavior is like switching from "tour" to "Sport" on your sportscar transmission.
(STAGGER M80-00 AZM3/M4 "expert skier prototype")
latest report
paulio, Toofy Grin Do you know my DH?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy