Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Could anyone advise best way to stop my heels lifting out of boots. I am only a small/narrow ladies size 3 and every pair I have tried I still have the same problem. I have my own boots (Head) which are really comfortable and have never had any problems but either my feet have shrunk widthways or my boots have stretched and during recent ski holiday my heels started to lift. I have tried loads of different makes/hire boots and always seem to have the same problem. Is there anything I can do as am really loathe to fork out for a new pair of boots as love the ones I already have.

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wooly, What mondo size are the boots? It may be that they are now too big because the liners do pack out over time and if they weren't a very snug fit to start with they would end up too big. I am a small ladies 4 (sometimes 3 in boots) and now wear a mondo 22. My first ever boots were 23 (they fit at the time, or so I thought!) and after a few holidays they became like wellies on me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wooly, welcome to snowHead 's there could be a numebr of things going on

1 the boot is too big
2 the liner has packed out
3 your calf muscles are tight and this causes your heel to lift

without seeing your feet it is impossible to say exactly what is going on, if the liner has just packed out a bit it should be possible to put a bit of padding around the back of the liner ot reduce the problem, similarily if the calf is tight then a heel lift may help... if the boot is too big.... there is not really a way to fix that

good luck getting it sorted
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the reply - boots fit fine length ways but seem to have same probelm no matter what boots I try. Think I must just have a really narrow foot as if I drop a size they are too small lengthways. Will try the heel lift or maybe padding out a bit. Do you know what make of boot come up a narrow fit? Thanks again.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure if this is a definite answer, I've a similar problem, was recoemended insoles (Superfeet) , havent tried em yet
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have the same problem. Tried every single boot that Snow & Rock and Ellis Brigham stocked and all were like wellies. Carried on the search in France and initially had the same experience; eventually found an upper mid range Lange boot that, once the upper buckles had been repositioned to allow a tighter fit across my very narrow ankles and calves, were OK. It means I have to put up with a stiffness rating of 130 rather than the 75-85 that would be more appropriate for my beginnerish standard.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wooly, there is no single brand which is narrow in the heel, all brands make a narrow boot, it is a case of working with a fitter to get the one closest to you...if there is a biomechanical issue at tha ankle [tight calf, lack of flexion, boney block] then a boot alone will not resolve the situation, it will need adjustment to get it even close

truffaut, some of your problme sounds like ankle flexion related, the stiffer boot allows you to transmit pressure to the ski before you use up all the available range of motion YOU have at the ankle, this solution can work for some people but as a stand alone [without other modifcations] ia a bit hit and miss
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
new poster here folks! hi!

i would recommend getting custom footbeds made. takes about an hour and costs around £50

i have Sidas Confrom'able and they are like skiing in brand new boots!

Give you tons of lift in your boots and equalise the pressure from the toe to the heel!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Progressor 8+, Welcome to snowHeads
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wooly, With the best will in the world, it won't be possible to get much more info without having a bootfitter look at them. Can thoroughly recommend CEM and he's not a million miles from you. If it's possible to fix 'em, then he's the man who can.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi,

When shopping for my latest boots I was told that I have a "low volume" foot - I too could not find boots that didn't feel l ike wellies. I even had one boot fitter talk me into buying kids boots as choice was so limited (that was a disaster - children have calves taht are ever so slighly skinnier than mine for starters!). In the end a lovely guy at EB in London persuaded me to try Conformable inner liners. They cost me 70 quid over the top of the boot price and were well worth it. 15 odd weeks of skiing later and all is still well. Not as painful as getting the foam-injected liners fitted and for me they worked perfectly.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy