Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tandem Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok so in the 8 weeks I've been in Paradiski, I've seen some pretty random stuff used to go down slopes from blades, to monoskis to rear-entry boots to a narrow monoski with bindings front and back rather than side by side, but on monday I saw something I'd not seen before - tandem skis. As I got on a lift I saw 2 people each with a really long ski (240cm) each of which had 2 sets of bindings. Initially I assumed that this was a mono-ski variation but then as they got off the lift they each clipped into the binding on the other's ski, so that you had one pair of skis with 2 skiers. I chased them down a couple of runs to see how it worked - definitely team work was required to turn corners and to stop, but they were seriously quick on the flatter stuff.

Has anyone had a go on tandems then?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have seen a few ski clubs using them, certainly around Sainte Foy.....didn't strike me as something I particularly wanted to try myself though
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I remember monoskis from back in the 80s. Jeez they were hard work...

I also remember 'skibobs', which were like bicycles with skis instead of wheels with mini skis on the riders feet...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, only coming down from the Mooserwirt with my mate on the back of my skis - no skill involved just Dutch courage Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There used to be a couple of chaps, instructors I think, who used to use tandems during Fasching in Brand back in the '70s. They were well versed but I only saw them using them on the beginners slopes, getting uphill on a drag lift.
queen b, tried both monos and bobs in the '70s. Mono was fun but made me steam! As you say, very hard work. The bob was horrid and I thought rather dangerous despite my prowess as a cyclist! When you crash you tend to let go so potentially there is this riderless, tumbling lump of pointy metal flailing down the slope. I think some resorts banned them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds like a recipe for death or divorce to me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

http://youtube.com/v/XE9on8TYJHU&NR=1 tandem telemark
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year I saw tandem snowboards. What really impressed me, though, once I had realised what was happening, was that the tandem boarder in each case was blind (or had seriously impaired vision)! That was on the Steinplatte. The pistes there are relatively wide and gentle (some of them) and these boarder pairs certainly moved on them. Takes a lot of trust, I would think. Hat off!

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm not sure which I am impressed with most!
With boarding it must be like having a pillion on a motorcycle. Great if the passenger is relaxed and lets the rider do the work. If not.....
Those Telemarkers were sooo smooth despite a minor 'off'.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia wrote:
I also remember 'skibobs',

I tried these once and may i emphasize ONCE at Sunshine in Canada, though under the name "Snow-Bikes". Probably not the wisest move on my part seeing as i'd never word skis in my life and was presented with the mini ones that you wear. tried 2 runs down greens and that was enough for me, and i slunk off back to by board, happier to film others on their Doom-cycles. Friend i was with loved them, said it was like going down the mountain on a comfy chair.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
search for apocalypse snow on youtube... tandem monoskiing in there somewhere...absolute madness...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Go to 3'15" here:
http://youtube.com/v/FTtyXn7B4Y4 (I must have too much time on my hands tonight...)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy