Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Wear Packages - are these any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been looking into purchasing my new snow stuff for my first trip in December this year. I found a few sites that provide packages at reasonable prices but i do not now if these brands and offers are any good.

I would be grateful for any of your advice.

http://www.trekwear.co.uk/mens_ski_wear_packages/c-323.html - some packages available from £100 upwards

http://www.outdoorgear4u.co.uk/mensskiwearpackages_997.php?cPath=997 - packages from £85 upwards

What do you think? Are any of these good?

Thanks, Mike.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mike-H, those don't look bad deals to me. Some people on this forum don't rate dare2be but one of my sons has used one of their jackets for several seasons and is happy with it.

Worth also reading the "Sticky" at the top of the Equipment section entitled "Newby equipment guide" or something similar.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As far as I can see it's only any good if it fits you. I'm wary of buying stuff over the internet without trying it on...

Not only that it doesn't look any cheaper than buying items separately. You can get ski jackets and salopettes starting from £30 in places like Decathlon, TK Maxx & Mountain Warehouse. You'll also need gloves/mittens, hat/helmet, base layers & socks, but you should be able to get everything for under £150 quite easily. I certainly have...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nick L, Have read the guide and found it very useful. Thanks for the reply
queen bodecia, My choice of outdoor shops is limited near me. Not sure what your local TK maxx is like but mine had a few 'massive' pairs of trousers and a few coats. Poor selection and priced at about £30 and £40 respectively for dare2be stuff. That is why the packages look OK.

I do not want to buy cheap and regret it by freezing to death or being wet all day long. Anyone else used any of these brands or got an opinion?

Are there any good online stores that will be having sales soon? (now i sound like a real scratter Very Happy )
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike-H, my local TK Maxx never has much in it either, but I am lucky enough to live near Decathlon and Mountain Warehouse. However, it appears Mountain Warehouse are having a clearout of all their ski stuff so you might grab some bargains online...

www.mountainwarehouse.com
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
always worth a trawl through ebay
that said, dare2be will do a job, i am sure. they aren't as well specified as a lot of things but they are probably miles better than the gear i learnt to ski in
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My jacket and salopettes are Brugi, probably much the same deal as D2B, certainly similarly priced. Four seasons old now and no complaints here. I also have Decathlon mittens and Mountain Warehouse hat and base layers...

My gear got a thorough testing in Kitz last season as it rained on the last day. A whole new and unpleasant experience for me! But despite having been washed several times and never re-proofed, my jacket and salopettes did not let any rain in...

There are people out there who swear by the mega expensive North Face and Spyder stuff and I dare say it's top notch gear but if you're on a budget like me, there are alternatives that do the same job for a fraction of the cost...

Happy shopping...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys and gals. I love this forum. 99.99% of the people are really helpful.

When do the online stores start their sales? I imagine that they will wait for half term to be over.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy