Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone stayed at the PIOLETS parc and spa soldeu??

Poster: A snowHead
has anyone stayed here or no anything about it?? i understand its fairly new but wanted some honest opinions.

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was there two weeks ago. Rooms are excellent. Very high standard and very clean, and i had a great balcony view. Also I think its channel 16 that has a web cam of the main lift so you can check how its all looking from your TV.

There is a mini-bus from 9am and then 4pm to run you to/from the main lift entrance if you are lazy, or its a 5 minute walk. Ski lockers are also in the basement, just take a euro down to activate. The mini-bus picks you up from the basement garage entry NOT the front of the hotel! And stake your ground when you queue, bus only carries eight at time, and some of the Spanish residents were all to keen to queue jump and hog the bus. There are also lockers for hire at the lift station.

You can pre-buy your pass at the hotel, but its the same price and you end up in the same queue anyway. Note that if you are arriving on Monday queues are massive, and you have to go down the ramp to buy your pass and THEN back up to join the queue for the lift!

Food was very good all round. Buffet style, with a bit of variation. if you have any meat then ask for VERY well done. They cook it for you while you wait which is nice, but a medium steak was still running around the restuarant and needed a 'tad' more cooking. Ground floor restuarant was poor I thought and at 100 euros a little expensive!!! So stick to the buffet! Definately didn't go hungry while there. Breakfast served from 7 as well so you can get an early start.

There is a bar in the basement too, never that busy (Esqi-Bar) but there is a happy hour (two for one, and its actually a happy couple-of-hours) and the barmaid is a VERY nice lady ;o)

Standard ground floor bar is nice enough too. There is a pool and gym there, but unless you pick up an injury preventing you from skiing I doubt you will use it. Kids club too (Had kids in our party, not mine, but they enjoyed it, and I enjoyed flirting with the children's entertainer, redhead who spoke little english)

Desk staff speak very good English, and keep a pile of piste maps behind the counter so grab one as soon as you check in. If you want to use the mini-bar ask them for he key too as they are locked as standard. they can also lend you a keyboard so you can use the internet built into the TV to check out snow reports etc (Internet is 5 euros for each session of up to 30 minutes)

Only downside was the bill. It isnt cheap and a couple of entries needed to be queried on my bill but they were quickly removed with no hesitation when I raised them. Oh, and the hotel lifts when kids get in them and start messing around. Quick whack over the head with your skis sorts them out a treat, but my boss wasnt happy really with me hitting his kids all the time ;o)

Hope this helps. I would use the hotel again, although still smarting at the bill. Thats what happens when you let your wealthy boss do all the booking!

ScottyDog
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
matt_lowman@hotmail.com, The Sport is cheaper and lodes better, the ski lockers are next to the Gondola, the Gondola leaves from the basement of the hotel you can get the lift straight down, highly recommended been there for the past 3 years Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
matt_lowman@hotmail.com,
Seems like scottydog, has answered your questions, my apartment is right behind it. When are you going to be there, I left on Monday and there was plenty of snow on piste and they were in very good condition, have just checked out the web cams and it is dumping right now (10:00 GMT) I'll be up there several times this season. BTW Snowbird, has made a small error, the Sport Village is the hotel at the gondola station, the Sport Hotel is across the road and up 100m, as an aside if you are in either of them you get a free locker in the gondola station, all owned by the Calbo family Smile have fun
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks alot for all the info scottydog....wanted to get some feedback from someone that'd been there rather than travel agents. A friend had booked it so wasnt sure what it was like.

dypcdiver...i'll be out there march 13th, looking forward to it....i'm with three friends all beginners so i'll be the one in the chair lift all on my todd!!!
BTW whats the link to the webcam??
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
matt_lowman@hotmail.com, http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/home.aspx?lang=4 ... try there. There are also some other web cams on http://www.andorrainfo.com/eng/pages/webcams/webcams.htm. Number 10 gives a load of traffic cams so you can see conditions in the village.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dypcdiver, pleased to hear there is snow now as there was none when I left on Sunday the heather and grass were showing big style, i wouldnt call it plenty of snow nor were the pistes good, Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowbird, I agree that off piste was a non starter but I have just got my skis out to service them and see no signs of damage, although I do remember catching a rock at the bottom of Pla de Pedres on the edge, I don't know where you skied Puzzled
My wife has just reminded me that the bottom of the new run Bosc Fosc was a little pebbly so we only did that one once.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dypcdiver wrote:
SnowbirdMy wife has just reminded me that the bottom of the new run Bosc Fosc was a little pebbly so we only did that one once.

Yepp, didn't look bad as you approached I but a field of boulders underneath. I was gutted for my mate, we were both on new skis, and he took a major knock on an edge of his brand new Atomic B5's

ScottyDog
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ooooo great! Me and some friends are staying at the piolets spa on the 13th of march! all first timers and dead scared we wont be able to do IT! rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Freya, sure you'll be able to do it. Sliding is easy.....it's the turning/stopping that's tricky Toofy Grin Don't worry you'll have a great time, soldeu is a wonderful place, i went last year and would like to go again this year, as a last minute deal in march.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stayed at the Piolets last year and it was ok
The only thing that let it down was the food and that's not their fault (just my allergies)
The bar is cheap and it's quite nice sitting opposite the black run wondering how far people will get snowHead the gyms small but the hot tub and pool was well used by the group
hope this helps
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Freya, me and a group arrive there on the 13th march (from gatwick)....three beginners in tow. First time to the piolets parc and spa also....i hear the hotel bar has a decent happy hour so we'll have to load up on a snowheads tshirt each and i'll be able to buy you a beer.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
now there 's an offer! Toofy Grin and you will recognise us dead easy... we all have really broad yorkie accents! see u there! (oh we fly from manchester the same day!) cant wait! and The_Mac_Daddy, ill be sliding only me thinks... why stop? Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Freya, sent a reply to your PM but it seems to be stuck in my outbox. let me know if you recieve it. i'll try again anyway.
snow report
Freya, when you see the hill - you'll know why The_Mac_Daddy, suggests you learn to stop. By the end of your week you will ski from the learner slopes at the mid station down to the bottom of the gondola - promise. snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy