Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet - buy here or at resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am thinking of getting helmet but wondering if getting it here or out there (possibly Canada)
what do people think?
also has anyone got any recommendations?

Bit of background, done about 7 weeks or so am early intermediate skier. Not into extreme stuff but had a few falls Sad and think getting a helmet would be a good plan snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi rob and sharon, aren't you the Soldeu experts? (not Canada wink )
The important thing (unsurprisingly) is to find one that fits. Over here you are more likely to get European makes and in Canada, N. American. Different manufacturers seem to expect different head shapes (a but like shoes) so my view would be to try some out here (e.g. Lockwoods in Leamington given your location) but if you can't find a good fit here, don't buy. I suspect the prices will nto work out substantially different.

Good skiing - where are you going?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick L, trying to sort this out at present. Hoping to get to Whistler again if we can (waiting to hear on accommodation) Puzzled

thinking of paying a trip to Tamworth snowdome to see what they have
thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd try and get one before you go if you can. With my strange shaped head I found some brands fitted and others not. Just like motorcycle helmets they aren't one size fits all so try a few and get the right one for you. Of course a his and hers blue and pink versions would be perfect Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
from what i've seen unless its a tiny resort, then the selection and variety is often bigger and better in resort then over here..cost wise here is probably better, but thats touch and go
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The advantage of buying it here it that you have time to figure about packing it. If you buy it in resort, having already arrived with full bags, you're going to get very cross with it as you try and wrestle it into your luggage when it comes to going home (yes, IME!).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
vetski, you've never seen me pack snowHead
I create a Tardis effect, since I beleive it will all fit, so therefore it must fit and so therefore it does.
works for us snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy