Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any issue with using the minimum (ish) DIN on a binding?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there any problem with running a binding on a DIN that is almost as low as it will go? For example, the price difference between the Marker Jester (DIN range 6 – 16) and Griffon (DIN range 4 – 12) binding is pretty negligible. If you required a DIN of around 7 is there any problem with going with the Jester? Bearing in mind the Jester is built a bit sturdier from my understanding.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
troublemaker wrote:
If you required a DIN of around 7 is there any problem with going with the Jester?

No problem.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
troublemaker, Shouldnt be an issue

but I did read somwhere that biniding work at there optimum in the mid range available ie Din range of 4-12 Optimum operating range is 7/8.

I am sure a more versed snowHead will be along soon to rubbish/support/ argue with my outlandish lack of back up for this statment.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you don't need the DIN then save the money and get the griffons, the difference will buy you an extra pint at current exchange rates!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On modern bindings there's no problem with setting a binding at the extreme of it's range. I've tested loads of bindings on my torque release testing machine & there's been no difference to their accuracy when set at the ends of the scale. However the better quality bindings, & especially those with a high metal content, have a lot less variance than the low end models.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy