Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which second hand equipment is the best

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can you guys advise me on my choice of a second hand ski equipment.

I skied from my 15 year till 20.
After that I skied for a total of 4 weeks in a total of 17 years .
So I'm not a beginner and not an expert.

Because my budget is not that high I want to purchase a second hand set.
My choices are:

Head Cyper XP60
Völkl Vertigo G30
Rossignol Bandit X

So which one must I choose?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If that's your choice (& assuming you're not paying a lot because they are all about 8 or 9 yr old models) I'd go G30.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi fatbob,

Thanks for the fast reply. Can you also tell me why the G30 ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't know which ski, but fatbob really does mean not a lot, ie next to nothing. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Head cyber xp60, wood core, i use a very old pair as rock hoppers. They are quite a good on piste ski in a slalom vein (very narrow waist) and still have quite a bit of spring left. With edges at 3 /1 they are still fun to ski.

Rossignol bandit x, had a pair of these (last version of them) foam core i think? went like floppy spagetti after 4 weeks of skiing, if you shook them you could hear something moving around inside!

G30 never skiied them so can't really comment, but most volkl are wood cored so should have some life left.

It does really depend on how much base and edge is left (forget about the battered top sheet) and check they actually have some camber left, and if metal layers (cyber xp60 has a metal layer in them) they are not bent.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
G30 because is was a pretty solid piste/narrow freeride ski for the time & Volkls tend to have good longevity. But as carroz says its really down to condition. If you're bothering to buy your own why not buy something newer (say 3-4 years old)?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy