Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skid lid for a big head

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Chaps and Chapesses, I need some help!!!

Was at Slush and Rubble today for some work on my boots and was looking at a helmet.

I want one I can fit a face bar to as I might do a little racing later in the season so tried a Uvex "Wing X Ultra Race" XL (61-62 cm) and it was too tight around my forehead (I have a couple of bumps there).

Does anyone know of anyone who makes something bigger that can also have a bar fitted?

Cheers

Simon
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe Uvex do come up a bit on the small side. I doubt if you will get a bigger selection of race helmets than at http://www.skibartlett.com/index.asp They're not that far from you. (especially in a scooby)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gsb wrote:
I believe Uvex do come up a bit on the small side. I doubt if you will get a bigger selection of race helmets than at http://www.skibartlett.com/index.asp They're not that far from you. (especially in a scooby)

Thanks, I'll drop them a line !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't know if any go above 62cm, but I'm sure you know that different manufacturers will fit diff shape heads better. I suggest a phone call, although you need to try them on really.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gsb wrote:
I don't know if any go above 62cm, but I'm sure you know that different manufacturers will fit diff shape heads better. I suggest a phone call, although you need to try them on really.

Yep. Not teaching tomorrow morning so will go down then if they have anything suitable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
scooby_simon, I have the same problem and found that even those manufacturers who make helmets 62+cm dont necessarily make them the right shape for my head.

You could try Alpina and they will have what you want at a reasonable price. I mail ordered one and it was easily big enough on paper - but was the wrong shape - very tight front and back but with enough space at the sides to fit my fingers in between the helmet and my head.

After much shopping around I have found that Giro are the best fit for me. I have the Omen but it is not face bar compatible. Looking at their website it shows only their FIS approved helmets as being face bar compatible and you may find these a bit pricey?

I also tried on a Smith helmet recently and that was quite a good fit. Again looking at the website you may struggle for the face bar unless you don't mind looking like an imperial stormtrooper!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks,

I'm going to go down to Bartletts tomorrow AM and see what we can come up with.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scooby_simon, Boeri make up to XXXL; Red (Burton) and Leedom might fit also.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scooby_simon, I have the same problem, and six years ago had great problems finding anything at all that fitted me - ended up with a Leedom XXXL (they cater for long heads).
Since then, the manufacturers seem to have got wise to the fact that some people (blokes especially) have got large heads and I am now using a XXL Giro something-or-other (I only changed it because I am a fashion victim Embarassed - but the Giro does have a much better venting system which is my excused and I'm sticking to it - the excuse I mean, not the helmet wink )
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy