Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Price of new board in resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Hiya,

I'm thinking of buying a new board in La Plagne when i get out there on 15th March. I'm a little concerned that it might be super expensive on account of the euro. Anyone been out recently - are there decent end of season sales? Is equipment very expensive with the euro?

Advise plz Happy

Thanks Shaun
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i don't know anything about the sale prices, but the boards i saw in tignes in january were a little more expensive than they normally are in tsa/s&r/etc. maybe la plagne is a bit cheaper? have you tried looking at any resort shops if they have a website?

i hope you have a board bag and have already paid for the carriage or are returning in a way that won't cause you to pay extra charges cos otherwise your wallet will get a Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sherlock235, now is a great time to buy at home. It wont be as good next year. All the current stock here was bought this time last year with a strong pound as the pound has weakend since the kit is now cheaper than in Europe. The retailers wont have the same buying power next year. Most places are starting to discount now so you can get better deals. EB Tamworth had some of its demo sks for sale today. Check out http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/store/category.vc?categoryId=1386
I bought my skis here they have all their boards reduced now too. The service i got was second to none fast free delivery and sound advice too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RPF, yeah, i agree. but it's so much easier to make your mind up if you can ride a board in resort for a day or two and get a real feel for it. i will be testing boards at the indoor slopes later this month and possibly buying based on the experience. but the experience of the indoor slope will not be the same as riding properly like you would in a resort. shaunie_kent, however, may not feel the same way. hence why i said it was more expensive when i was looking in resort in january.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The only place to buy a board in high season is in a city. Resorts have a limited time to sell equipment so unless its the end of season sale you will usually pay more. Cheapest place I have found to buy a board, skis or other equipment is Denver Colorado. Its got lots of stores and lots of competition. In fact buying in Denver can make a North America trip well worth while. If anyone wants info on the best stores there and the bst tme to buy there let me know Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shaunie_kent, if you want something a little closer than Colorado, can endorse the suggestion of Filarinskis - very good shop. It will almost certainly cost you more in La Plagne and in most resorts end of season sales won't start till well into April (well they haven't previously, maybe this year will be different).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No bargains in Les Coches last week. There are bargains to be had in the UK though.

I have been told by several people in the industry that next year's prices will be 25% higher on everything, here.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I have been told by several people in the industry that next year's prices will be 25% higher on everything, here.

makes sense, given the euro exchange rate. CEM said the same to me about boots (I won't need any of them for a few years now though!).

This could be the excuse we all need to spend loadsadosh. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bar shaker wrote:

not from what I've seen, a lot of boards are quite cheap next year, but then I have the all dominant swiss franc to spend Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny luv plums, i think that's uk prices. i recently told uk prices to rise by at least 20%, which agrees with what bar shaker is saying. i'm not too fussed, i'm in the euro zone where it's a bit more stable.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

i think that's uk prices. i recently told uk prices to rise by at least 20%, which agrees with what bar shaker is saying. i'm not too fussed, i'm in the euro zone where it's a bit more stable.

Another reason to thank Mr Gordon Brown Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep, I was told that was UK prices. Dollar and Euro have moved dramatically since last year's buying period.

Its not just hardware, its package holidays too.

Next year will be the year of DIY holidays on 09 boards.

If anyone sees Burton Ions in the sales, give me a shout.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bar shaker, I got myself some brand new '08 Ions on www.riderdiscount.com . 130euros. Stoked!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Steve, will check them out.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well.. in the end i came across http://www.noahsark.co.uk/

They have 25% off just about all snowboard kit. Just bought a Burton Custom 162W, Ruler boots and Ride alpha bindings - Im SOO happy and cant wait to get on the piste Toofy Grin

4 days to go:-)
latest report
shaunie_kent, nice find! enjoy your trip.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy