Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

50 plus female companion wanted for Chillfactore, Manchester

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had my first skiing holiday in Andorra in January and loved it. I went to Manchester's Chillfactore with my son last year but he has other commitments now and can't come with me. I have been on my own but it is much more fun with a companion. I suppose I can describe myself as an intermediate skier as I can stay upright most of the time. I am struggling to progress from snowplough to parallel and need lots more practise. So is there anyone who can meet up with me during weekdays out of peak hours?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glacier, welcome to SnowHeads! I fit your description and might be able to meet up sometimes as I work part-time, but I live a couple of hours away. It'd have to be after I come back from L2A though, as I have a lot on before I go. I am back 21st march.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glacier, welcome to snowHead 's . There are quite a few of the improver courses running over the next few weeks at the CFe, they might be quite a good way to meet up with people whilst at the same time getting some instruction. They seem to run them at various times/days in blocks of 3 weekly sessions. Worth a try maybe! My son goes to the kid's sessions there and the instructors are a friendly bunch.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butterfly, look forward to meeting up with you.
Sarah, I have already been on one of the 3 week improver courses which was good fun and I will probably go on the Parallel Development lesson in the next few weeks. I am looking for someone to meet up with on a regular basis.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glacier, I am certainly interested in meeting up fairly regularly after my trip in March, but it's quite a distance for me. As a change from Chill might you be prepared to venture as far as Xscape at Castleford from time to time? As an alternative to taking the car to Manchester I considered the train as I live in a village served by the Transpennine "Express" but getting to Chill from Manchester Airport or Picadilly is simply not practical. There's a serious lack of joined up thinking there on the part of the management. I really expected there to be a shuttle bus linking the airport station and the Trafford Ctr calling at Chill too.

Don't suppose there is any way you could manage to get away skiing again and come to L2A for the week 14-21 March is there? The trip I am doing, that I jointly organised would be perfect for you that week and there are just a couple of spaces left at the right level (Class 2, with me!). See http://www.easiski.com/SpecialCourses.html. There are cheap flights around too!

(link edited)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 9-02-09 9:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly, there was a shuttle bus when they first opened linking the TC (and hence also the rest of Manc public transport) but I don't think many people used it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly, I used to go to Castleford before Chillfactore opened so I wouldn't mind meeting there occasionally. I got to know a few of the instructors there as I am a very slow learner!! I live about 10 minutes away from the M62 (North Manchester) so could you come to me. There used to be a bus from Oldham to TC which my friend used a lot (it was always full) until it was cancelled because no-one used it!!

Going on a second ski holiday so soon after my last one is something I can't really consider. Sadly! The link you sent me comes up with 'Page not found'.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glacier, sounds like a plan to meet and ski at either Cas or Chill together and I am looking forward to doing so! If you PM me I will send you my email address. Shame you couldn't consider the L2A trip - maybe next time. We sound similar in our skiing - I am not finding it easy to learn but am very persistent and have had a few lessons at Cas. Their midweek morning sessions with "casual instruction" available are the best value there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly,

To get from piccadilly to the chill factor e get the metrolink to stretford and the shuttle bus to the trafford center. The TC bus stop is across from the chill feactor, a five minute walk at most. And the shuttle is included in your met ticket

x Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
claireSKI, thanks, but maybe not too easy carrying skis/boots?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Butterfly, If its a long trip whay not just take your boots - I don't take my skis to MK now - only when I wanted to try that first time, the 'made' snow isn't supposed to be good for the bases and the cost of the basic skis there is included in the normal entry fee. I think when you look at the slope steepness and its length its not as though you would really notice the difference in your own skis vs. the basic ones you get handed - at least not at our level. Anyhow I've stopped taking mine there if that's any use to you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy