Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whats the deal with the Danish?

Poster: A snowHead
lungostyle, I have found your website! It was very easy to find, linked from the 2 Alpes website, non e probleme Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes is from the biggining of the season I'm there.....but is not with that I gonna have a lot of clients......but is an help....but sincerely I prefere word of mouth....I'm little and it is enough.....the rest of the time I can ski with my little boy 4 years old........
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lungostyle, don't think you'll find many folks being paid €90 p.hour up these parts - certainly not anyone working for a ski school - nowhere near that amount in fact. The ESF guys are on a sliding scale depending on length of service etc etc and the 'old boys' there do very nicely (or so I'm told); and there's LOTS of French, Italians and other nationalities working for the various independent schools here who all make just as much money as their BASI colleagues, if not more..

Look forward to seeing Lungostyle Junior ripping it up on the TV screens...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
lungostyle, I wish I was skiing with my little boy also 4, but we are stuck in England and worse stuck indoors at the moment as he has the chicken pox Sad What is it with Snowheads kids at the moment?!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mine give to me last year ......chicken pox.........the worst illness of my life......good luck sara....maibe is too late........

off pèiste skiing.......I apologize but the price in courchevel last year when I've been working was that.......me I charge 38.....so you can immagine.....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
i have heard in the 3V's 35 Euro per hour as a ski school wage for stagierres who are ISIA nearly ISTD's. Fully qualified ISTD's within a school 45-55. independents usually charge 60 -80

lungostyle, your 38 may be cause you are in a lower cost/price resort....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, Yes - we're cheap - he's too cheap!!!

lungostyle, I have a lot of enquiries fromt he TO website - it's the best publicity I've ever had! Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lungostyle, if all Italian instructors need Eurotest at entry, you must have the strongest race background of any of the European ski instructor systems! I can imagine how frustrating it must then be to see instructors from other nations, who are probably usually much less skilled than you as technical skiers, getting more work and better pay. Unfortunately this is the nature of a job like ski instructing. I'm afraid for the level that most holiday skiers will ever get to, I think that as long as the instructor is at ISIA level technically he/she is already so much better a skier than the pupil, that being technically even better still would not make that much difference. Imho at this point what would be more important would be the skill of the instructor as a teacher and communicator rather than as a skier. Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slikedges, IIRC the staatliche have to pass the race to enter as well... not fast enough - come back later... My instructor was training his fiance(now wife) to get her speed up to pass... she was ex-junior czech national team! and he said she had a LOT of work to do...

I kind of expected it would be an entrance requirement for all ISTD
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
little tiger, Landes 2 (ISIA level if i'm correct) has a GS race on time already. Landes 1 (Which i'm up to next) has GS race as part of the exam, but its not timed.

Do the ski school employed teachers in France carry their own insurances? In Wengen ski school carried all but medical insurance for me.
If I understood it correctly in Austria its common teachers have pay their own accident/responsibility insurances Shocked

Union wages as per October 1, 2006 from my course material: Staatlich 1075, Landes 946, Anwarter 704 per month based on 6 day classes per week.
This is rediculous and in reality things are a bit higher. I was offered to work at Zell am See for around the listed Staatlich wage... (Which is still way below what I'd get in Wengen, i hope you guys see why i'd work for Wengen despite the other topic Wink )
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
slikedges, The French are somewhat similar in that the have to pass the Test Technique in order to enter their system and then the Eurotest prior to starting their teaching courses. After test technique they take a two week course and can teach as Stagierres analogous to our L2.

Once they pass the Eurotest they then become aspirants and go through the main training cycles to ISTD.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ronald, In France we pay our own insurance but a ski school will also have civil liability cover, but we must have our own as well.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
also in italy till >I was there the skischool have an insurance but also every ibstructor are obliged to pay for their own one.....

you are all right!!! maibe I'm cheap......the fact is that I'm afriad to loose all the clients form italy.....cause there the price are lower....not everiwhere but where I come form and most part of my clients come from.....is cheaper......

the ski resort is a cheap resort.....surely thinking on the ski area that is very very good......with good snow till the end , nice off piste and big snowpark......so also me I prefere stay lower.....i work on the quantity .......I'm still young and I like work.....so no problem.......

on the qualification......someone find exactly the point......in Italy(in my opinion...) they put all the attention on your ski tecnique......thinking that after in the 2 years of course they can teach to teach.....mean locking more on what is the comunication.......
that can be right.....but the reality is that in this way the most part of the people passing the first hard exam depending on the race level,only mountain people who race all their life can pass it, but normally mean also people who study less ......and sometime that mean also not very good comunicator......we are mountain people normally more closed....not so easy to take off a lot of word.....

so that can be our proble.....very good skiers....but not always good to explasin what we have inside......

the main reason of that politic can be that the ski instructor way can be the only issue for people who race all their life.....and when thay stop it is too late for study and prepare a nice future.......so become like the normal road fro every racer........so for all the italian instructor .....who as not a racer is a serie B instructor......

sincerely only after so many year I work i understand hte main important things......the comunication with the customers.....but that is not so easy to learn.....or you have or you haven't.....nobodi can teach you that.......now infact the most part of instructor that I like .....fi they have to pass our test .....will be never......but they surely teach better than me........and the only things important is the satisfaction of the clients.......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lungostyle, No-one can be taught to teach - either you can do it or you can't. You can be taught the theory and so on, but the ability to pass on knowledge (and the desire to do so) is innate I think.

I don't have a problem with the timed run as part of the exam system, but I do have a problem with it (at a high level) at the entry to the exam system. No system should be closed to people from non- mountain backgrounds. there are lots of good instructors and guides out there from cities (François Pinatel comes from St Etienne) etc. so they would be excluded from the italian system. this is a shame. I do agree that it would be nice for the clients to be charged according to the qualifications of the instructor, but also don't forget that all the French Moniteurs were given Nationale status along with the Profeseurs when their system changed. Therefore, at present the french might not be as qualified as they appear??? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
but easyski.....I was saying the same......i was just trying to give an explication to the common italian wiews....infact I say that after so many year i can understand hom much was wrong.......I remember an instructor working with me in the skischool .....was coming from the race.....and one time geremy ask me to share a class with him.......in all morning I hear from his mouth just hi and bye at the end of the lessons........but skiing was very good.......
when I say the it is too closed was exactly that........
ski holidays
lungostyle, We should ask the youngsters for an up to date information ...
snow report
little tiger, skimottaret, what lungostyle is saying is that all Italian instructors need Eurotest to start their training.

little tiger, Staatliche is equiv to BASI ISTD. IME Austrian Anwarters barely need to be able to ski at all and can teach at that level forever.

skimottaret, I'm aware of the French system wink (actually what I don't know is which BEES levels mean what), and the point is the French only need TT (as opposed to ET) to get on the ladder.
snow conditions
slikedges, I know you do I was just pointing out that the French need Eurotest to get into the meat of their training cycles as Aspirants, they cant just wait till the end like BASI.... BEES 2 is a race coach/ trainer AFAIK and the rarer BEES 3 teaches at ENSA
ski holidays
skimottaret, ok, good point, you're quite right that is a significant difference
latest report
slikedges, It is not clear if the GS at both Austrian and Italian systems is Eurotest, it is considered to be equivalent because they don't then have to do eurotest later. Whether it is absolutely as hard I have no idea.

skimottaret, BEES 1ere degree Ski Alpin is effectively ISTD - equivalent Moniteur Nationale.
snow report
easiski, I've always been suspicious about this, but you're the first person to have voiced the same to me. The Staatliche I skied with last yr indicated to me that their speed test was more diffic than Eurotest, but I admit I was a bit sceptical.
snow conditions
.....but that cause everibodi say....mine is more difficult.....that I know in italy it is a normal geant with crono.....with the same rules as eurotest....I think 18% of the time of the opener calculating his fis point for deduct the teorically time of referiment........all that is too complicated to me......but it is a normal eurotest.....but in the biginnig and not laiter.....the day after they do another exam with free skiing and exercize and just after they decide who can go to the school for carry on his formation.....the only difference is that in the biginning only the racer pass it.......but the real difficult is the second day....cause there become politic.....it depend from hom many instructor they need.....cause if they need 20......will be 20.....and so also if you are good maibe you are not in the first 20......and so they use the second day where without rules they can say no to who thay want.......

look no correct....and it is....but the explication is that they don't want make instructor that laiter they have diffucult to find job........so they know before how many to the formation course each region can do.....in this way thereis only the rechange of the instructor ....not more........

Do you like that one about us????? eheheheh if you born in my country you take the abbit on strnger things.......eheheheh believe me
ski holidays
From material by the WSSV (Vienna snowsports teacher stuff)
http://www.snowsports.at/ausbildung/files/Lehrinhalte%20Ski.pdf page 12 (german)

The do call it EU-Test

Characteristics
- Height difference 250m
- Number of gates 11 – 15% of altitude difference ( about 32 gates )
- Slope profile 1/3th easy, 1/3th middle, 1/3th hard.

Reference time set by at least 2 teachers, at least one of them not actually teaching on that specific course.

Pass if you do reference time +23% for men, +29% for women.

How does that compare?
snow report
Ronald, Depending on who sets the time that would look (on the face of it) a bit easier than the normal eurotest, but there is no question that the austrian system is one of , if not the, hardest in the world at the top level. 32 gates seems very short to me for a GS ....
ski holidays
Ronald, Eurotest is around 140-160 FIS GS points. Assuming F-value for GS still 880 and their forerunners being at 50 FIS GS points, 23% for the race you describe would come in at about 264 FIS GS points (I think).
snow conditions
slikedges, I know exactly nothing about racing, so no clue what it means you say.

easiski, This test is to pass Landes 2 (so ISIA level), timesetters will be beyond Staatlich;
Some of the guys&gal in Kaprun were 'qualified' to train Anwarter candidates, others Landes candidates, and one of them was about go up to training people towards Staatlich, i'm not sure someone who just passed Staatlich will go train fresh Anwarters...
snow report
Ronald wrote:
slikedges, I know exactly nothing about racing, so no clue what it means you say.

In essence, the lower the number of FIS points the faster you need to ski. So a target of 150 FIS points is considerably more challenging than 260 FIS points.
ski holidays
Ronald wrote:
We need a rematch! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ronald, I believe they have to do a timed run to get accepted onto the Staatlich training, so I presume this is the eurotest equivalent. However my info could well be out of date.
snow report
easiski, Hugo was training Katy only 3-4 years ago for staatliche entrance
snow conditions
....but it is not a real gs....32 gates.....I don't think in alp d'huez when jonathan (my brother in law ) do it last mounth....was more than 32s gate.....it is a test not a world cup race....it is normal it is shorter.....if not we don't need only to be good.....but to be a real atlethe.....and onestly....I think we can juge in 32 turns if the feller is able or not......
aniway for me....fis point or not it is all relativ....also just 32 gates can be impossible....or very easy.....that depend from the time of the opener, the snow....if icy it is surely very hard, the slope...if it is steep is harder.....etc etc.....so I think the fact to have this kind of test ....it is just a try to conform the different system of every country giving a commun passage obbligatory for everybodi......after that every country teach what they want with the exercize they want .....so when we are full qualificated everyone have his way....but surely every one have the influence of his national system.....
snow conditions
lungostyle, " but surely every one have the influence of his national system" Yes - but we should not be slaves to it! Laughing
ski holidays
skisimon wrote:
Ronald wrote:
We need a rematch! Twisted Evil

Any time Coach Wink

easiski wrote:
Ronald, I believe they have to do a timed run to get accepted onto the Staatlich training, so I presume this is the eurotest equivalent. However my info could well be out of date.

Its part of the Landes 2 exam (at least for WSSV) wink So yes anybody considered for Staatlich will have passed the test Wink
ski holidays
lungostyle,

do additional basi exam if they are on demand in fr and problem is solved in this case. sugest you will pass by in cople of weeks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy