Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whats the deal with the Danish?

Poster: A snowHead
do they have some special relationship with France, there have been some criptic references to the Danes not having to jump through all the hoops that other nations do to teach in France..

anyone know why they dont need the Test Technique for instance?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, I didn't know that they didn't, and AFAIK they do ... Their top level is not ISTD, as those vids that surfaced on U Tube proved. Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, easiski, see here wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges, thats the criptic reference i was referring to... I guess stewart woodward has some info or rumours???

seems odd to here that they dont need the test technique...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the danish have the snow.....and their examination it is much harder than the basi.......and aniway also the british(just 30 people in reality) they can teach snowboard in france with their diploma......the italin cannot and the swtzeland cannot......we call it politcal problem.......you have a lot of tourist coming over in france....you have alot of political power........and so you can say to the french federation or you accept our teacher or us we send our tourist in another country......
the second reason is that there are not a lot of humnans been who speak danish.....and probasbly they want also them someone who speak their languages
basi nedd the test tecnique cause we are tired to see people in snowplough teaching....so or you teach in england or you adapt yourself to the french sistemor you think france have to change the law for permit to every beginner from uk to teach in their country?????
TRY TO HAVE THE SAME EXAMINATION OF THE OTHER COUNTRY......AND YOU WIIL SEE THAT EVERYBODI WIIL BE HAPPY TO SEE BRITISH INSTRUCTOR ON THEIR MOUNTAINS.....I DON'T THINK THAT YOU WILL ACCEPT A FRENCH WHO STUDY JUST TILL 14 YEARS OLD TO TEACH IN A BRITISH UNIVERSITY......YOU WILL ASK THE SAME LEVEL OF STUDY OF YOUR TEACHER......OR NOT??????
SO STOP TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE UNFAIR SYSTEM.....AND TRY TO LEARN TO SKI!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
lungostyle, I beginning to think you have no idea about the BASI system at all. It's kind of pointless discussing it with you because you have no idea of how the British system works and how it compares across other national systems. It's also sad to see your constant little digs about "try to learn to ski" - it just seems so petty. Has somebody with a low level BASI qualification been winding you up?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lungostyle,
Quote:
the danish have the snow.....

Are there ski resorts in Denmark then? More than in Scotland?

http://www.skisport.dk/forum/22297/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Having been on train journey from Arhus (in the north) to Copenhagen (in the south-east) I didn't see a single hill. In fact it reminded me very much of back here in Cambridgeshire, flat as a pancake.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lungostyle wrote:
and so you can say to the french federation or you accept our teacher or us we send our tourist in another country

Nobody "sends" us anywhere. We go where we can get the services we want (amongst other reasons for choosing a holiday destination).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret wrote:
slikedges, thats the criptic reference i was referring to... I guess stewart woodward has some info or rumours???

Don't deal in rumours only facts
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I KNOW VERY WELL THE BASI SYSTEM......MY BROTHER IN LAW JUST FINISH IT......IN 6 YEARS FROM MY BEGINNER CLASS......AND WAS ME WHO TRAIN HIM.....SO I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS THE SYSTEM.......
WHEN I SAY SEND.....MEANS THE PUBBLICITY......OR YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN GO TO SKI EVERY WHERE......AND THE TOUR OPERATOR THEY DON'T PUSH YOU.......CAN YOU GO TO SKI TO ALPE ARERA???? IT IS A FANTASTIC AREA......BUT IS NOT ON THE BROCHURE.......SO SORRY I DON'T WANT OFFEND YOU......BUT THEY SEND YOU WHERE THEY WANT......AND WHERE THEY HAVE MORE COMMISSION........
AND I TELL YOU MORE.....EVERY TOUR OPERATOR WHIO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH A SKI SCHOOL FOR HIS CLIENTS ASK TO GIVE WORK TO A CERTANIN NUMBER OF NOT QULIFIED INSTRUCTOR( I ' VE BEEN DIRECTOR OF A SKI SCHOOL FOR 10 YEARS)
SO A PART THE SELF TROURIST WHO BOOK EVERYTHING ON INTERNET....THE OTHRE ARE PUSHED TO CHOOSE A SKI RESORT.....AND NOT ANOTHER ONE......
AND IS NOT OFFENSIVE.....IT IS MARKETING OR PUBBLICITY.....CALL LIKE YOU WANT BUT IT IS THAT........AND DON'T TELL ME THAT YOU DON'T LISTEN THE PUBBLICITY.....CAUSE IT IS INVOLONTARY.......
LIKE IN ITLAY THERE ARE MORE THAN 100 SKI RESORT.......WHY ON YOUR BROCHURE THERE ARE JUST 10\20????
IN ITALY WE HAVE 864 DIFFERENT WAY TO COOK PASTA......WHY YOU KNOW JUST CARBONARA BOLOGNESE AND LASAGNE????
PUBBLICITY MAN PUBBLICITY.....
SCOTTLAND IS NOT ENGLAND......OR IT IS WHEN IS CONVENIENT???.....WHY IN THE SPORT SOMETIMES YOU ARE TOGHETHER AND OTHER TIME NOT???
A RACE WHO HAVE MORE SNOW.......THAT'S FUN......
THE REALITY IS THAT NOBODY WANT UNDERSTAND MY POINT OF WIEUS.....NO PROBLEM.....
NOBODY ANSWER TO THE UNIVERSITY EXAMPLE...........
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lungostyle, Is your caps lock connected to your full stop?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lungostyle wrote:
IN ITALY WE HAVE 864 DIFFERENT WAY TO COOK PASTA......WHY YOU KNOW JUST CARBONARA BOLOGNESE AND LASAGNE????

Because life's too short. Anyway did you know we have 3428 varieties of chip?

Quote:
SCOTTLAND IS NOT ENGLAND......OR IT IS WHEN IS CONVENIENT???

Scotland is NEVER England!

Both countries are part of Great Britain and (hence) of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lungostyle, so your brother-in-law has gotten through all the BASI ISTD courses, passed Eurotest and been awarded the BASI ISTD qualification, so is eligible for full Moniteur equivalence?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I DON'T KNOW THE CHIP.......CAUSE THE PUBBLICITY DON'T SHOW ME..........
I REPEAT I HAVE A NORMAL COMPUTER AND IT IS EASY WRITE IN CAPITAL CAUSE IN THIS WAY "I" IS EASIER TO WRITE.......( WE HAVE NOT THIS LETTER IN OUR VOCABULARY.....AN ALSO ON OUR COMPUTER THEREISN'T.......I DON'T WANT WRITE IN CAPITAL FOR LOOK BIGGER OR STRONGER......
SO IF IS NOT ENGLAND WHY YOU USE FOR SAY THAT IN ENGLAND THERE ARE SKI RESORT????THERE ARE.......SHEFFIEL SKI VILLAGE....FOR EXAMPLE......I'VE BEEN AND I HAVE A LOT OF FUN.....
snow report
lungostyle, I like arrabiata myself. we went to Madesimo last year and it was really nice only problem was my son's ski instructor didn't speak any English wink
latest report
BEH IN MADESIMO HAPPEN OFTEN........
ski holidays
lungostyle, sorry, I'm still confused - has your brother-in-law gotten through all the BASI ISTD courses, passed Eurotest and been awarded the BASI ISTD qualification, so is eligible for full Moniteur equivalence, or is he only part-qualified but already teaching somewhere?
snow report
lungostyle, I liked Madesimo, ski school sorted it out quickly snowHead
snow conditions
stewart woodward wrote:
skimottaret wrote:

Don't deal in rumours only facts

HI stewart,, not a big deal or anything but just curious if the danes have some special deal.. you seem to know something, what are the facts???? snowHead
ski holidays
skimotaret....believe me.....is cause nobody speak danish.....we have a lot of danish......tour operator made pression for accept them like stagiaire....it si a special deal.....a political one.....but also the french what they can do??? is it better loose the danish tourism or accept them to work???? business is business....
my brother in law miss the eurotest only but is working in switzerland, before he work in italy , france.....I try to make him understanding that more he work less he train ....and more difficult become pass the speed test......but he is young and he prefere money.....and cause it is possible everibody think to work without finish the formation......and in all that who pay is the customer who have no idea about the system
latest report
Quote:

believe me.....is cause nobody speak danish.....we have a lot of danish......tour operator made pression for accept them like stagiaire....it si a special deal.....a political one.....

lungostyle, ahhhh... makes sense.....
snow report
I thought the danes all spoke very good english? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
slikedges, I have had Danish people in my ski classes on several occasions, as has hubby.
latest report
I like a danish with my mid-morning coffee Very Happy
snow report
lungostyle, I think you were joking, but the Danish system is nothing like as difficult as BASI and their top level certainly isn't ISTD. ps: Now, without eurotest no-one has finished the BASI system. Shocked
latest report
I'm always jocking.....aniway thay can teach cause a special deal like also the russian......and like few snowboard instructor that nobodi can understand why but thay can teach.........
but I don't care animore....cause here look like I don't sleep cause that.......I full booked also if all the skier of the planete become instructor......and probably cause I ìm not so bad whem I teach......and i repeat I'm not here proposing my tuition cause I have a different product.....and it is very easy without concurrence to sell it easyly........
latest report
the danish yes speak good english......but not before 10 years hold......
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lungostyle, I used to work with the Danish, and while all the youngsters speak good(ish) english, like the Dutch, many of the older ones don't. ditto as you say the younger children, but I've still only seen one Danish instructor working here and he disappeared fairly quickly - he wasn't very good, and my Danish contacts said their clients preferred me because I could actually explain what they had to do! Shocked
ski holidays
but I don't know easy ski......I know only there are few in esf......also russian.......do you notice the little erina.........fantanstic.....I wanna book a lesson with her........buyt I don't care animore....here I look someone who hate the british.......tell them is not......tell my sun will be racing for uk.......tell them sometime you pass me client.......rob rar dream about you.....maibe if you tell him that sometime you considerate me good giving me clients means I'm not that bad...........
everitime i come in the forum i have to defend me from something........I just have a different idea.......is it possible in britain ???? or everibodi must have the same idea on everithing???? I don't think so......
snow report
i join a new deal......also the belgium teacher they can teach without test tecnique.......ahahahhahaha e ale...now another 200 post!!!!!!!
ski holidays
lungostyle wrote:
....here I look someone who hate the british.......tell them is not......tell my sun will be racing for uk.......tell them sometime you pass me client.......rob rar dream about you.....maibe if you tell him that sometime you considerate me good giving me clients means I'm not that bad...........

I've heard you are a good instructor who is able to teach in several languages. I have a lot of respect for that.

Now that you have explained that your concern is clients being charged the same for fully qualified and partly qualified instructors (NOT that the BASI system or the instructors it produces is crap) I have already said we agree. There, all friends now Wink
snow report
lungostyle,

HEY YOU POST 11.13 & 11.17 YOU NO WORK.......I THINK YOU TOP ITALIAN TEACHER......YOU WORK ALL TIME... BETTER THAN HOLIDY BASI TEACHER.... wink

I LIKE BIG POST.......CAN READ EASY NO GLASSES......PLEASE NO SMALL WRITING

I COME FOR LESSON..WHERE YOU TEACH

CHIO wink
snow report
beh when the lift are closed....me I refund....and I sleep......
also for me it is better big......but I discover that in the computer language that mean shout......sorry but i'm a ignorant in materia......so I was just writing like I prefere........but they almost kill me for that......I'm not top italian teacher.......doesn't exist......I'm just italian teacher.......there are only that ni top ni lower......we are al the same.......you can have if you want another qualification.....like trainer.....of instructor nazionale(who teach just to the aspirant instructor.....)

I'm not here to sell lessons......I don't care.......also cause after so mani bad comment on me here I don't think will be so good for you have a lessons with me......I'm not good enough with the speacking.......and apparently during my class nobodi understand a word.......so I suggest easyski that she teach in the same place than me......but she speack your language.......
snow report
lungostyle, some genuine questions to learn about the Italian system...

during training to become a fully qualified Italian Instructor how many hours of practice teaching do you have to do alongside a trainer or fully qualified Maestro?

do you get paid for this practice?

During your 2 years of training do you receive any payment or is paying not allowed until you are fully qualified?

What is an Italian "Second Grado" teacher?
snow report
lungostyle wrote:
I DON'T KNOW THE CHIP.......

He is lying about the chip (I can't let it go)....
snow conditions
I repeat that I pass my test in 1992.....aniway at the time we was teaching 3 weeks each to the soldier......free......was a good way to practice with people that they need to learn to ski cause they are based on the alps......so nobodi pay but you gonna have your experience........and the only problem was the practice with child.......but on that we have time cause normally the kids are allowed to expert teacher...not at your first season.......

now I have no idea if they carry on to teach to the armi......in Italy we have no more armi service......so maibe is changed........
doesn't exist ani secondo grado......you can become istruttore nazionale .....mean if you are very very good skiing you can try to pass the test for teach to the people who is becoming instructor(maestro).....or you can have other 2 years of course(but you need like before to be very good in race)for become trainer.......federal trainer.....and you can teach till the national team.......but there's no difference betwin national team and small team with 4 racer.......we need the same qualification.......

in the last few years they try to have an intermediate position in the training.....like the maestro can do 3 mounths and become trainer of little skiteam........but cause every team they were choosing aniway the top federal trainer.....the other one had not a lot of succes......

there are alto adige region that cause they want be independent from italy they are trying to made their own instructor.....but that have no validity in the rest of the country.......so maibe can be one of the position the alto adige is making .....but I never herd about secondo grado......

during the course(it is 2 year if you finish it......if you don't pass the last exam you have to start all from beggining......including the speed test that it is in the begginign for accede to the real exam.......
but the system it is to closed......only if you come from the race you can hope.....there's no hope for good skiers......just racer pass......I think their politique is no democratic.....here is better cause everibodi can have the opportunity......in italy no.......or you have fis point or forget it......that I will change in our system......like I will change that the stagiaire can work .......

so i think anione is perfect.....we can always improve the way.......but before we need to recognise that something is wrong.......
snow conditions
sorry....it was nobody is perfect.......
for example we are too much specialized.....and maibe it is wrong.......so pratically for do what an instructor do here I need......:
2 years for maestro; 2 years for guida alpina; 2 years for trainer............and 2 years for istruttore nazionale......
and if we want to do every this exam we need always to pass 3 years of teaching in that....like before become trainer I need to teach 3 years like maestro in a skischool......only the guida lpina can be done immediately........

so at the end for be a normal esf instructor full qulified in itlay i need minimun 10 years and more........and when at the end my qualification have the same value of the other one......I'm a bit sad......
pratically in my case I spend 2 years fro maestro......other 2 years for maestro of snowboard....that it is completerly another sport and so we have completely another feederation.....and 2 years for guida alpina......I don't do the training one cause i think was enogh about the race......and I don't want train ski team.....but tourist on holiday....much much more fun.......

so pratically for be paid 22 euros less per hours (cause that is the difference between a basi full qualified and me......!!!!!!) than a basi instructor who work here I think i'm very qualificated.......but I gain exactly the half.......but in all the village thereis nobodi who pass more examination than me........but different country different law.....so everibody we are the same......me a little bit less....than the other.......(22 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!per hours.......).............

all the other conclusion you can find on your own......
snow report
Quote:
so pratically for be paid 22 euros less per hours (cause that is the difference between a basi full qualified and me......!!!!!!) than a basi instructor who work here I think i'm very qualificated.......but I gain exactly the half.......but in all the village thereis nobodi who pass more examination than me........but different country different law.....so everibody we are the same......me a little bit less....than the other.......(22 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!per hours.......).............

So the simple solution is....

start your own business/ski school.
If you are as good and highly-trained a ski instructor as you say then you will have no problems attracting and maintaining a client base. You can then charge and pay yourself what you want, be that €1 an hour or €100 an hour (if you can find people willing to pay that..).
ski holidays
infact it is 2 years that I'm independent like easyski......and I have my clints....don't worry.......it was just for make understanding that that there are different in the formation but more difference in the paiement.....like 3 valleys need a lot of basi......but just basi......they don't want other country......and the lessons there are 90 euros per hours.....but not for french....them in the esf they are paid 35\40...like everiwhere in france........

aniway like you can understand the independence is not easy.........you have less pubblicity....like nobody can find my web site.........so i can work just cause there are few things that in all resort only few people do.....and living here everibody knows me.......but to reach the bifg tour operator....it is impossible...that is already all booked with skischools........

aniway i can ski more with my son......you wiil see him in television ......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy